Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Upcoming Balance Changes: November 22 2017

Commanders!

Our next round of updates will be coming with our 4.1 Update on November 22nd.

As you all know, we continuously make balance adjustments to our Bots and Mods in order to maintain a place where every Bot and Mod has a place in the game, and that no single Bot or Mod is the single answer to any content. These will be the next iteration.

Dinobot:
The chance to trigger Dinobot's Signature Ability has been increased by 5%.

Ratchet
Ratchet has received a flat +5% increase to his Attack Rating for all Ranks and Tiers.

Starscream:
Starscream's Null Ray will deal 10% less Shock damage when Nullifying a buff.

Rhinox:
Rhinox's last Shield Buff will now cause Shock to opponent's if they exceed it's threshold.
Rhinox's Shield should no longer Break or Shock opponents when hit with Ranged Special Attacks, this includes hits during Special Attack 3.
Due to their dexterity, Scouts now have a 50% chance to avoid Shock damage from Rhinox's Shields.

Mixmaster
Mixmaster's Ranged Attacks now have a added +5% Chance to inflict an Acid Debuff. Acid duration has also been increased to a flat 8~10 seconds across his ranks.

Courage Mastery:
Once Nullified, this Buff will not re-activate when hit.

Fallen Titan Hand Relic:
This Relic has been changed to grant +5% Attack and +5% Health in all Game Modes instead of its previous effects
Tagged:

Comments

• SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    lol, poor Mixmaster. No amount of adding and buffing ever seems to be enough to still make him a viable choice to bring anywhere except arena or raid base duty.

Glad to see though that scouts will no longer melt away when they hit Rhinox in AM.

And thank you for making the Fallen Titan Hand something worth having!

@Kabam Miike , is there any chance they'll be looking at other bots mentioned recently on the forum here like Galvatron (increasing dark energy time) or my Hot Rod thread suggestions? Could you pass those two on to the team to look at as well?

Will they also look into fixing Ultra Magnus' 100% chance to nullify ranged attacks so that they are 100%?

Thanks!
  • Synthwave wrote: »
    lol, poor Mixmaster. No amount of adding and buffing ever seems to be enough to still make him a viable choice to bring anywhere except arena or raid base duty.

Glad to see though that scouts will no longer melt away when they hit Rhinox in AM.

@Kabam Miike , is there any chance they'll be looking at other bots mentioned recently on the forum here like Galvatron (increasing dark energy time) or my Hot Rod thread suggestions? Could you pass those two on to the team to look at as well?

Will they also look into fixing Ultra Magnus' 100% chance to nullify ranged attacks so that they are 100%?

Thanks!

I just noticed those posts as I was prepping this post this morning, and the first thing I thought was "...Well, we're too late for that now". I'll make sure that the Bot team has a chance to review your feedback on Galvatron and Hot Rod.

Also will check on the Ultra Magnus thing.
  • Well that sucks. Waited for a balance update and Shockwave is still stuck below par. Ya'll got me excited for a moment.

Starscream got beat up pretty bad this round it seems. The mastery effect did seem like a glitch though.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Synthwave wrote: »

Thanks!

I just noticed those posts as I was prepping this post this morning, and the first thing I thought was "...Well, we're too late for that now". I'll make sure that the Bot team has a chance to review your feedback on Galvatron and Hot Rod.

@Kabam Miike please fix Magnus. I have been asking for probably two months to get this fixed as it’s actually not functioning as designed. I also made a post about potential balance changes for him possibly giving him back the chance to armor break on non-armored enemies. He’s in dire need of balancing and I’ve been asking for months.

Thanks for the balance to rhinox and courage. Just please give Magnus some much needed love. At the very least get the nullify fixed. Quick addition would be to allow for nullifying any offensive buff.
  • Drake6401 wrote: »
    Well that sucks. Waited for a balance update and Shockwave is still stuck below par. Ya'll got me excited for a moment.

Starscream got beat up pretty bad this round it seems. The mastery effect did seem like a glitch though.

Starscream is by far still one of the most capable bots in the game, so I wouldn't pay it too much mind until you've had a chance to really test it out. His Nullify is still a great mechanic, even ignoring everything else.

As for Shockwave, he is definitely on our radar for an update in the near future, as is Ultra Magnus.
  • kranders wrote: »

Thanks!

@Kabam Miike please fix Magnus. I have been asking for probably two months to get this fixed as it’s actually not functioning as designed. I also made a post about potential balance changes for him possibly giving him back the chance to armor break on non-armored enemies. He’s in dire need of balancing and I’ve been asking for months.

Thanks for the balance to rhinox and courage. Just please give Magnus some much needed love. At the very least get the nullify fixed. Quick addition would be to allow for nullifying any offensive buff.

Ultra Magnus is definitely a Bot that we're paying close attention to, and intend to revisit in the near future.
  • On the plus side of these changes, They seem pretty reasonable. Rhinox did need some tough up on his shield reflect damage and the help to Scouts is a good idea. Not sure what the Titan Relic did before, but 5% HP and damage in all modes seems like a fitting buff for being RoK.

Ratchet honestly seemed fine with his damage since he's so durable, but 5% isn't going blow anything up.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    The Fallen Titan Hand relic was laughable. It provides an additional 5 XP. Yes 5 XP, not 5% XP.

This change is definitely more fitting for the challenge involved in completing something like RoK.

I hope UM, Galvatron, Shockwave, and Hot Rod do get some love eventually, but thanks for the response, Mike.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    kranders wrote: »

Thanks!

Ultra Magnus is definitely a Bot that we're paying close attention to, and intend to revisit in the near future.

Thanks. Hopefully until some balancing his nullify can be a quick fix.
  • Drake6401 wrote: »
    Well that sucks. Waited for a balance update and Shockwave is still stuck below par. Ya'll got me excited for a moment.

Starscream is by far still one of the most capable bots in the game, so I wouldn't pay it too much mind until you've had a chance to really test it out. His Nullify is still a great mechanic, even ignoring everything else.

As for Shockwave, he is definitely on our radar for an update in the near future, as is Ultra Magnus.

I'm sure I'll warm up to the new Starscream in time. I grew really fond of his S3 being able to destroy any bot below half health by abusing that rechargeable attack buff. I'll most likely avoid his S3 almost entirely now, but his first special is a hard hitting substitute.

I'll be looking forward to that. Shockwave doesn't need a stat buff nearly as much as he does utility addiction. He just feels liken he doesn't do a whole lot. I've easily used Shockwave more than anyone in the community as he's in every solo team and almost every raid I do. Since Shockwave only has traits related to blocking, my success with him has mostly been the general process of dealing more damage than I take, instead of putting his abilities to use. He feels a bit swifter to sidestep than most, but that may just be my familiarity with his animations.

Granted, Shockwave does what he does very well. Ironhide and Megatron crumble to this guy and they are two very dangerous raid defenders. Outside of this, it's rather difficult to both gain and use charges. Once I start blocking at a distance, the AI almost instantly picks up on what I'm up to and just trots up to melee distance or only throws heavies. Once I do manage some charges, they become the most frisky things I've ever seen for that 6 seconds. The idea behind the style is neat, but relying on the opponent's choices can be an aggravating strategy.

Thanks!

I don't understand the MM comment. His S3 does ridiculous damage when he has 12 buffs.

Thanks!

The only thing he needed was better acid, since he does decent burst with a debuff active, but they took away frequency of acid when they added the burst counter intuitively. I dunno that 5% was enough, but... at least better chance and longer debuff duration is exactly the right direction for buffing him to normal :P. I am not sure what the base is, but I'm thinking more like 15 or 25% would be more like it.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Dunno why some players think the adjustment to Scream is too harsh. He will still wreck everything in front of him.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    edited November 2017
    “Rhinox:
    Rhinox's last Shield Buff will now cause Shock to opponent's if they exceed it's threshold.“

Mike, to my knowledge there’s still never been an explanation of what “exceed its threshold” really means. Any chance to get some clarity on that?
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    @Trailfire If I understand correctly: Rhinox's shield caps the attack to 80% of the attack rating. When his sig procs, any attack (I think is any melee attack) over 60% of the attack rating exceeds the threshold.

That's why crit melee hits often get shocked, but IH's S2 never.
  • Trailfire wrote: »
    “Rhinox:
    Rhinox's last Shield Buff will now cause Shock to opponent's if they exceed it's threshold.“

Mike, to my knowledge there’s still never been an explanation of what “exceed its threshold” really means. Any chance to get some clarity on that?

Sorry! I saw your post, and meant to reply. But yes! @KillMasterC got it.
  • @Trailfire If I understand correctly: Rhinox's shield caps the attack to 80% of the attack rating. When his sig procs, any attack (I think is any melee attack) over 60% of the attack rating exceeds the threshold.

Thanks mate! one point of clarification:

Over 60% of which attack rating? The attacker’s or Rhinox’?

I’m only interested in exactly the threshold for shock damage triggering
  • Trailfire wrote: »
    @Trailfire If I understand correctly: Rhinox's shield caps the attack to 80% of the attack rating. When his sig procs, any attack (I think is any melee attack) over 60% of the attack rating exceeds the threshold.

Thanks mate! one point of clarification:

Over 60% of which attack rating? The attacker’s or Rhinox’?

I’m only interested in exactly the threshold for shock damage triggering

The Attacker. So, a critical hit, heavy attack, or Special Attack can cross that 60% threshold.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    edited November 2017
    Thanks Miike, super clear now!
  • Is the scrolling issue going to be fixed?
  • Yeah scrolling issues have gotten old big time I hope they are aware.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    The rhinox explanation is not clear at all. the last shield buff is mentioned but it is un clear what happens with the first four shield buffs. do they no longer inflict shock now?
    Sabugen wrote: »
    The rhinox explanation is not clear at all. the last shield buff is mentioned but it is un clear what happens with the first four shield buffs. do they no longer inflict shock now?

Why would you think they no longer inflict shock. If it's not mentioned, it hasn't been changed.
  • Also do something about other major issues.
    Scrolling is becoming serious headache to close and open game frequently.
    Also now on low power popup game do pause but it stuck there and facing bot death penalty.
    You guys do something about it.
    Manthro wrote: »

Why would you think they no longer inflict shock. If it's not mentioned, it hasn't been changed.

well the last shield is mentioned and the first four arent mentioned which is quite confusing. i still dont get it. and now the shield is 60% again? changed back from 80%?
    Manthro wrote: »

well the last shield is mentioned and the first four arent mentioned which is quite confusing. i still dont get it. and now the shield is 60% again? changed back from 80%?

The shield caps damage at 80% attack rating.

Anything over 60% attack rating triggers shock.
  • Are we still able to remove rhinos sheiks buffs bye hitting his block? This had no chance of receiving shocks
    "Rhinox's last Shield Buff will now cause Shock to opponent's if they exceed it's threshold."
    Please explain this line it is unclear why the last shield buff is being mentioned.
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    His last Shield Buff doesn't cause shock damage now.
    I give up. Everyone still asking questions about rhinox shields, lol.

Use some common sense, people.

Everything about rhinox shields is the same, except for the last shield, which does not currently trigger shock.