Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

[Guide] How to get 100k feature bot chips

Welcome! This guide is intended for anyone who might be new or returning to the game, a casual/semi-dedicated player who wants to get serious about this month’s feature bot or just someone who wants to best plan their time. TL;DR at the end.

I will be presenting all the places that you can get chips from and some of the average amounts you can expect to earn, along with some example scenarios and comments about the various areas, to best help you to plan your month and the path to getting that 4* featured bot!

Note: numbers are based on the Galvatron arena and could change at any time in a future event, advice is based on what I did to get 100k, but there's more than one way to skin a cat. So to speak. [glances at Cheetor who shakes his head].

Apologies for the formatting, tables don't work, so I've tried to use colour.

Where can I get chips?
Feature bot chips can be acquired in the following areas:
Monthly Calendar rewards
Spotlight Missions
Duplicate 2*, 3* and 4* bots
Arena (two non-consecutive weeks)
Alliance Missions (two non-consecutive AM’s will have bot chips)
Raid (one week)

How many chips can I get?
There are two general types, some are fixed, some are highly variable.

Fixed number chips:
Calendar:
Day 7 - 1250
Day 21 - 2500

Spotlight:
Easy – 1000
Medium – 3000
Hard – 5000
Expert Ch1 – 3000
Expert Ch2 – 5000
Expert Ch3 – 8000

Duplicates:
2* - 100
3* - 1000
4* - 10000

Highly variable chips:
Arena – Daily (7 days, twice)
Milestones:
Rank Reward:
1-10% - 1000
11-20% - 700
21-30% - 500

All milestones + 1-10% for 14 days: 45500
All milestones + 11-20% for 14 days: 41300

Raid (7 days)
1250+ Medals – 270
1500+ Medals – 285
2000+ Medals – 300

10 Raids per day
1250+ Medals – 18900
1500+ Medals – 19950
2000+ Medals – 21000

16 Raids per day
1250+ Medals – 30240
1500+ Medals – 31920
2000+ Medals – 33600

Alliance Missions – Daily (4 days, twice)

Diff 15
152 per group
x3 groups, x4 days
Milestone 8:
Grand total: 3949
Diff 27
204 per group
x3 groups, x4 days
Milestone 11:
Grand total: 5698

Diff 40
260 per group
x3 groups, x4 days
Milestone 13:
Grand total: 7120

Diff 63
361 per group
x3 groups, x4 days
Milestone 16:
Grand total: 9457

Examples
Log in for 21 days (3,750), clear easy, medium and hard spotlight (9,000), raid 10 times a day staying above 1,500 medals(19,950), get 1-10% every day in arena – inc. milestones (45,500) and do diff 40 in AM (14,240).

How many chips total? 92,440

What about a casual AM but a dedicated player? Diff 15 for AM (7898), but 12 raids per day (23,940)? 

How many chips total? 90,088

Opinions
For raids, we can clearly see that increasing medal count only yields a very marginal benefit, even when doing 16 raids per day, the difference is close to one dupe 3* of chips. The biggest factor is sheer quantity. How hard can you push during raid week? It will be crucial in filling any gaps caused by the other areas. This is the biggest variable to our total. Don’t worry about your medal count, it will naturally increase if you’re raiding with a frequency required to get the feature bot. Raid can be a massive boon, take full advantage of it.

For arena, we lose over 4,000 chips by only hitting rank 11-20% over 1-10%, so 1-10% is highly recommended and most optimal. Almost half our chips can come from arena, it’s definitely an area not to ignore. Don’t worry about trying to build a big streak, it’s only 24hrs, just use all your bots, get points and break the streak when timers have reset. Check with people from your region about how many points you need.

For AM, this is a tough one because a lot of it is outside of your control. Do you have an alliance that is passive and just does diff 15 (or less?) like over half the player base? Do they even complete all 3 groups? Remember, to get the chips you don’t need 100% exploration! Just defeat the boss. You might have to ask yourself some tough decisions about your alliance and if they’re holding you back or not from your goals. However, make sure you’re skilled enough, have enough resources and the dedication to do the difficulty you desire. It should be noted that the difference even from diff 15 to diff 27 isn’t very big (3,498), so you might feel more comfortable compensating with extra raids or extra dupes, it might be wiser to focus on the other variable areas to increase your chips or really push for a much higher diff instead. For those that really love numbers, I have created a calculator with all the levels where you can punch in your desired AM diff or milestone and it will tell you what you get, and I’ve passed it to the 411 team.

For Duplicates, they are a random and unsustainable source, but as you can see from the examples above they’re a very important source to hitting 100k for most people. You can go two ways with dupes. 1. Leave it until the very end to fill gaps, but make sure you have enough crystals/shards/energon for a worst-case scenario. This can be more stressful if you’re relying on them to get you over the line. It can also be beneficial because deals might pop up during the month. 2. Burn a bunch early to potentially give yourself more space and breathing room to push less during the month and have a more relaxed month overall. You may still have to burn at the end though if you didn’t get enough at the beginning or something happens to sabotage your plans during the month. Both ways have risks/advantages and depend on your style. Because the majority will need to rely on dupes to fill the gaps, plan ahead and save your crystals. Really think about if you have enough to make it to your goal. If you risk it for the biscuit opening crystals and fail, all of it is wasted, waiting a little bit longer could more strongly guaranteed you a 4* bot.

TL:DR
In short, 100k can be done for 'free' with proper time and planning. Having a weak AM team is not the end of the world and you can compensate for it. Aim for 1-10% in Arena, with milestones it's almost half our chips! Hardcore dedication during raid week can make a huge difference, it's the biggest wild card and can eliminate the need for dupes entirely. If you can’t raid hard, you will need a stock of dupes to make up the gap, so as a priority, save accordingly for when you’re ready to really go for it. Crystal stock for dupes is your insurance policy if something goes wrong.

---
Is there a source I missed, did I flub some numbers, got a killer strategy? Let me know!

Tagged:

Comments

• SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    what about other difficulties? it goes up to 80 in AM
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Certainly, here you go:

For diff 80:
    2 x AM + 2x Milestones
    Grand Total: 22916
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Thx for the post Term and the effort that went into it.
  • Good reference, thanks
  • Thanks for this, it's pretty much what I did to get 4* Galv last month anyway but it's really helpful to have all the figures.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Good info. Thanks for putting it together. Also helps figure out if going for a dup 4* is possible.
  • Since we're almost certain the next bot is Megatron, I'm skipping 4 star Dinobot and hoarding all crystals with potential bot results. I haven't leveled many bots either so I've got a nice 2 million gold stockpile for the occasion as well. I got both Galvatrons last time with 3 weeks to spare so I should be just fine this December since I'll have several hundred crystals to open right off the bat.

I'm focusing on making a G1 Decepticon team with proper synergy sets, so I'm all in for Megatron to top it all off. Just need 4 star Soundwave and Starscream and I've got the whole team.

The raids were by far the life saver last month. I had 56k when they started and made about 47k from raiding alone. I have a feeling that the same will occur again, even with my crystal safety net.
  • Thank you so much!
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited November 2017
    @Terminal How about duping the Featured Bot? If that means another 150K (another 15 4* dupes), I think it's out of 99% people's reach?
    edited November 2017
    As a theoretical maximum, before raids:
    AM Diff 100 x2 inc. milestones - 25,004
    Rank 1-10 x 14 days + milestones - 52,500
    All spotlights including Expert 100% all chapters - 25,000
    Calendar - 3,750
    Total: 106,254

143,746 more needed to dupe.

To fill the gap, 479 raids @ 2k medals, 68 raids per day, average 7 minutes per raid, 8 hours of raids per day.

The only way anyone is getting it is via dupes, the feature has really only been added for spenders so they have something to do.
  • SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    edited November 2017
    Ive been doing all the arenas, raids, and spotlight (hard and medium 100% Explored). I only have 30,000 right now. Do you have any tips? We're already half way through the month and i can only do about 8-9 raids a day. Which means I can only get 15000 chips a week during raid event. Also how many crystals should I save? I calculated to have about 63000 chips without crystals. I currently have 18 crystals, 11 of which are pbcs.
  • Im so annoyed rn im putting alot of work into raiding for medals but i keep losing them because i keep getting raided alot. I got raided at least 12 times yesterday. So everytime i get medals i lose them immediatly.
    That means i cant advance at all. Do you have any tips
    The medal count only adds a small amount of extra chips. Most important is just the quantity of raids. If you use the raid tickets and stay on top of your timer you will naturally increase. I've gained about 600 medals since the raid event started.

40k is quite a big gap, the only wild card is crystals. If it's pbc shards, it's almost guaranteed 2* even if you open 20+... other crystals can have a better rate.

Without a big raid push it looks like too much luck would be needed off the crystals and could end in dissapointment.

Unfortunately, the way the system is set up, you will be heavily punished if you don't meet your goal, the consolation prize of 100 shards doesn't match the effort you will have put in and will just leave a bitter taste in your mouth. Therefore, it might be better to scale back and save up for next time.
  • ReworkRework Posts: 122
    Last month, chips were also offered in packs for energon for a few days in the final week. I wish I remembered the costs, but it wasn't outrageous if you just needed to top off a few thousand at the end.
  • Steelbane wrote: »
    Ive been doing all the arenas, raids, and spotlight (hard and medium 100% Explored). I only have 30,000 right now. Do you have any tips? We're already half way through the month and i can only do about 8-9 raids a day. Which means I can only get 15000 chips a week during raid event. Also how many crystals should I save? I calculated to have about 63000 chips without crystals. I currently have 18 crystals, 11 of which are pbcs.

You should give expert a shot, maybe you’ll earn some chips there.
  • 1500+ Medals – 19950 how do you get that kind of amount for raid of dinobot
    Gotham92 wrote: »
    1500+ Medals – 19950 how do you get that kind of amount for raid of dinobot

The heading for that part is 10 raids per day, so it's 10 per day multiplied by 7 days.
  • how do you even calculate that?
  • jrendaljrendal Posts: 11
    edited January 2018
    Sorry to ask, I am new....I got 90K Megatron chips........but for days I was not able to earn more chips.......and now I have only 3 days more.......the chips will continue on my inventory or they will expire? I dedicated quite long time to have a 4* Megatron....but no more arena missions, nor duplicates, etc.....I got Starscream chips as well in the last missions.....but now I don't have any of them on my inventory......this is quite frustrating.......anyone please can bring some light to this?

Thanks!!!
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    jrendal wrote: »
    Sorry to ask, I am new....I got 90K Megatron chips........but for days I was not able to earn more chips.......and now I have only 3 days more.......the chips will continue on my inventory or they will expire? I dedicated quite long time to have a 4* Megatron....but no more arena missions, nor duplicates, etc.....I got Starscream chips as well in the last missions.....but now I don't have any of them on my inventory......this is quite frustrating.......anyone please can bring some light to this?

Thanks!!!

1:1 to gold conversion will be done. If you don't like the gold, buy as many 3* Megatrons as possible.
    Thanks a lot for the answer.

I already have the Megatron 3*.......... I can purchase more but it's not the same...

Only with my primal chips...will be enough to have the Megatron 4*........:-(

In my opinion this should be changed or at least let people to do some more chips the last 24h.........even with real money.......I prefer to pay for a Megatron 4* than for any other thing in the game....
    I think I will not play for a time, that's frustrating..

Thanks for your help one more time!!!

• Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited January 2018
    jrendal wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for the answer.

I already have the Megatron 3*.......... I can purchase more but it's not the same...

Only with my primal chips...will be enough to have the Megatron 4*........:-(

In my opinion this should be changed or at least let people to do some more chips the last 24h.........even with real money.......I prefer to pay for a Megatron 4* than for any other thing in the game....
    I think I will not play for a time, that's frustrating..

Thanks for your help one more time!!!

This is sort of a touchy subject because the system they had in place before this one, was much much much more difficult for average players to participate in and have a real opportunity to earn the monthly featured bot.

Having said that, I think minor tweaks could be made to the current system to make it a little more friendly. The biggest issue IMO is that there are only 2 things you can spend the monthly chips on - either a 3* for 10k or a 4* for 100k. Thats a 90k difference between the only 2 options with nothing inbetween. Perhaps some Alliance Potions or Boots could be added to the store that you can purchase in limited quantities for featured chips? This would give people the option of receiving the 1:1 gold for their left-over chips, or the option to buy other useful items instead.

The other idea would be to make featured bot chips generic - meaning that they carry over from 1 month to the next (which would then also eliminate the chip:gold conversion process). This would allow players to choose what featured bot they spend their chips on. For some players, earning 100k chips in 1 month could be very difficult - but earning 100k over 2 months or more, is much more doable for them. Giving players the option to choose what featured bot they want to spend their chips on would encourage more casual players to participate in the monthly events and, for the more hardcore players even when the featured bot of that month is not something they want/need, it encourages them to participate in the event as well.

@jrendal As for your idea to be able to buy chips with $$ - you already can do that throughout that featured bots month. If you look at the game store now, all of the Energon deals you can buy now include Optimus Primal Chips. Last month, it was Megatron chips. So, technically, you could already buy extra chips if you wanted/needed to...you just would have had to do it last month.
    Hi there,

Thanks a lot for your comments, I understand your point and if now is easy to get the 4* that is good.
    I think that people play to have the best bots in game (and in my case as I'm fan of the classic bots, it's critical the bot...I will play as much as I can to have a Megatron classic, but I don't want for example most of the bots from the movies).

The actual limit with Optimus Primal (not a bot of my interest) is 21 4* bots in 36 days...I couldn't see any way to obtain 1 in 32 days with Megatron....I don't know how is possible that someone can get more than 1 or 2... in my opinion it should be enough to have in the last days any mission that allows you to earn some more chips to let people at least to earn 1, is frustrating to wait each day for a mission that allows you to earn the last chips...and nothing....If I remember well at least the last 10 days I didn't see any option to earn them.
    I got the Starscream mission to earn his chips, in my opinion a nonsense in the middle of the Megatron one (chips that would be enough to have the chips I needed for the Megatron 4*). Or at least not launch the Optimus Primal until the end of Megatron...(each duplicate bot from that moment gives you Primal Chips -I already have 9K-, not the Megatron ones...that one more time would be enough to get the Megatron 4*).

As said this is a personal opinion, but for me 1 classic Megatron/Prime 4* is all in this game, and it's frustrating to finally not have the Megatron 4*. I will spent my chips on the 3* that I already have...as this is the only option.

Saying this, is good if we can have more options between 10K 3* and 100K 4*.

For many players 100K chips in one month is really difficult (mainly due to the fact that the last days there are no options to earn more), but I agree with you that generic chips are a good idea, that would let you earn chips during months, to have the REAL possibility to have the 4* you want, this should motivate players to play to get the bot they want (that I think is the main reason to play this game).

Regarding the $$ option, I didn't use to pay in the past for multiplayer games, and I played a lot (and I have a collection of hundreds of games, etc), now my time is more limited (I have a daughter), so I play more with the mobile, and it's not a bad idea to pay some $$ to have the bot/hero/option/etc you want, but in my opinion that should be reasonable.
    It's not reasonable to pay 30$ for a generic 4* crystal.
    It's not reasonable to pay 100$ to have 5K chips.

In fact I paid for the options of 5$ and 10$, but you get 600 chips... :-( ...that is a Kabam problem, a mobile game is not a PC/PS4/etc... game, you can't pay those quantities for a option in the game, in fact probably Kabam will have more benefit with better prices (for sure there will be people that will spend 100$ in such type of games, but for most people including myself that is not reasonable).

Well if those are the rules it's ok, but I will not spend more time trying to get a 4*, is a loss of time...so if you are lucky you can open a crystal and get a 4* (in MCOC there are videos on the forum opening 500 crystals: 458 2*, 38 3* and 4 4*), and a Imagine Kabam here is doing more or less the same.

Regards, and thanks for all the answers!!

Have a nice day!

• jrendal wrote: »
    Did you purchase the 3* from the store? If you did, then you have no one to blame but yourself for being 10k short.
    Nope! I got one in a crystal! :)
    And now I will have 4 more....with the 90K chips...that is good...but I will not have the 4*....:(

• xxerexxxxerexx Posts: 96
    I don't disagree that it takes significant time to earn chips or the poor taste left in players mouth when they just miss the mark. Kabam could do a lot to keep players feeling like what they did wasn't a waste.

Megatron didn't have any less event time to earn chips. However the extra time event fillers were poorly communicated, in particular to those that aren't on the forum a lot.

Agree, I lost the opportunity to have the 4*, and classic Megatron is one of my objectives in this game. That was the reason to enter the forum, I'm new in this one, but is good to share experiences, perhaps, if I entered the forum one moth ago today I will have the 4* bot...who knows...:) thanks for the help and opinions!
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited January 2018
    anyone have calculations of how much chips Sanctum map will give? The above calculations are for Shattered Lands.

great guide btw.. kudos to @Terminal .. till now me and some alliance members are still referring to this.. :)
    I've recorded all the data for map 3 but haven't put it in to a spreadsheet yet to calculate things. I'll try to get round to it soon >_<;;