Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Player Gifting

Shirt and Simple:

I know that there was an option that had been removed (button wise) but I think it would be a good idea to reconsider.

If you wanted to gift gold, energon, etc to an alliance member or someone else, it would be a cool option to have.

Comments

• If they do allow gifting, it could possibly sink the game. The reason I say this is because I played a card based Kabam game in the past and they allowed gifting. Well, peps found out ways to make dummy accounts with programs that would allow 100’s of dummy accts to gift a main acct what they wanted. This was all generated through free items worked for in game. Therefore no one high up was spending money and all those that were lower couldnt compete for any of the great prizes because the cheaters were too powerful. It killed the game and is no longer around. People are very creative....

Anyhow, just thought i would share that experience and that if they did allow it, it would have to have safeguards of some sort
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    St0rmCr0w wrote: »
    If they do allow gifting, it could possibly sink the game. The reason I say this is because I played a card based Kabam game in the past and they allowed gifting. Well, peps found out ways to make dummy accounts with programs that would allow 100’s of dummy accts to gift a main acct what they wanted. This was all generated through free items worked for in game. Therefore no one high up was spending money and all those that were lower couldnt compete for any of the great prizes because the cheaters were too powerful. It killed the game and is no longer around. People are very creative....

Anyhow, just thought i would share that experience and that if they did allow it, it would have to have safeguards of some sort

I thought it worked for MCOC? They had gifting there till now no?
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Davien wrote: »
    St0rmCr0w wrote: »
    If they do allow gifting, it could possibly sink the game. The reason I say this is because I played a card based Kabam game in the past and they allowed gifting. Well, peps found out ways to make dummy accounts with programs that would allow 100’s of dummy accts to gift a main acct what they wanted. This was all generated through free items worked for in game. Therefore no one high up was spending money and all those that were lower couldnt compete for any of the great prizes because the cheaters were too powerful. It killed the game and is no longer around. People are very creative....

I thought it worked for MCOC? They had gifting there till now no?

Yes they do and it generally works fine. Basically they just put restrictions on, like account level and having needed to have spent money to obtain a gifting badge. Admittedly it does allow some form of real world trade, but it is a small amount
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    And you can only gift game items there, pots and such no gold or energon or funny stuff