Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Raid alliance event is a joke

This event has turned into a mess lol every base including mine has been transformed into a 1 1* bot so when you raid you only get 100 points for this event so anyone attacking you get minimal points . In reality i don't believe this is what the developers in visioned for this event and right now it very stupid lol kabam, you need to make some rules for this mode when it happens like you must have at least 2* to 4* added and have all spot filled out. But it will be hard to in force this lol its just really stupid at this point just saying lol

Comments

• FarkasFarkas Posts: 63
    Leaving points in the hands of the players is bad design any way around. By nature we are going to try to limit everyone else. This event needs to be a pure win = points deal or not at all.
  • Thanks for the input! That's a pretty interesting take... Gonna take this to the team right now.
  • i didn't do that with my base, and haven't run into that yet, but i have noticed as i'm climbing the leaderboard right now, the bases are getting easier instead of harder.
  • SteelSHSteelSH Posts: 80
    i just had a idea on how this raid event should work better. What if the points was given based on the rating of the base and you would have to beat the base to get the points:
    Beat a 1k base - 100 points
    Beat a 2k base - 200 points
    And so on

That may work
  • SteelSHSteelSH Posts: 80
    Wait that wouldn't work either since ppl would make there bases as low a 1k lol my bad. Put your thinking cap on @kabam miike haha
  • ToughnutToughnut Posts: 201
    No possible algorithm will work.

This event is Crap(excuse me).

Any way you can come up with to "get" points. There is an exploit.

Just get rid of this event, and make a new one is my suggestion.
  • Peg204Peg204 Posts: 9
    Just make it so you earn points for raid wins. That's all it needs to be. All my raid selections today have been 1* bots, can't even earn enough to make the daily spark purchases it's ridiculous.
  • This event will be good if we can earn points for success raids in attack and defense. That's the only way to keep this event competitive. At least all will try to have best defense possible.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Agreed that a full win or defense with wins being weighed more heavily is only reasonably least exploitable solution
  • BubianBubian Posts: 82
    I agree with Greg and Jon, I was thinking along the same lines with a win/loss point system.
  • Armes6Armes6 Posts: 25
    Yes, this event has a horrible scoring design.
  • DigbobDigbob Posts: 3
    Never got an answer from the team Miike? Event is over now and not a single team managed to qualify. Could you maybe consider changing the threshold to qualify? Kind of ridiculous that we took first place and don't win a thing because of screwy event design that you ignored when it was pointed out first day....
  • Hey Digbob,

We're still tuning events and seeing what we can do with them as we move forward. We chose not to make any changes while this event was running because we needed to look at how players played throughout the event and actions taken. We're going to look into this for the future for sure though.
  • WelsedWelsed Posts: 2
    edited April 2017
    Raid events are pointless only because the chip reward system is inherently flawed. Limiting the purchases as well as ramping up the cost, while advancing the difficulty of each raid is a detourant to play steadily. as well. The entire raid system needs to be revamped, al la earth wars. Automatic cool down periods, no limit purchases, no ramping up of difficulty, with difficulty subject to your current player level rather than simply amping up so eventually YOU LOSE, is not fun. This is classic Marvel COC cross over programming, which stems from the arena algorithms. We should get what we earned, not be forced to start from the beginning as a regulation or a funnel for energon use and pay-to-win tactics. I never spent a DIME on marvel coc for that very reason, and will continue to NOT do so because of such practices. I have yet to come across a base with only one bot when I've raided. And most often, I'm being hit with level 2200 bases when my squad is at 1300. Doesn't make sense. Why the hike? ESPECIALLY when I'm only fighting Quintessa Bases (basically the computer AI - not fair... and boring knowing I'm not playing against an ACTUAL player.) If that's the case, shouldn't the points be gauged on the level gap or level DIFFERENCE? Say I'm on a streak when an event starts and your algorithm keeps HIKING up the difficulty. How am I earning the same points as someone who is raiding a base with one bot? The only way to navigate that is to take the points of the base minus the squad used to attack it, and then ranking THAT into a tier of points. Otherwise, there can be too much manipulation. And if I'm running a hot streak, and winning, but keeping my medals low because I'm being raided as well and I don't want to give medals away, how am I still earning the same points as someone raiding bases with one defensive bot to defeat? During a raid even, everyone can just drop down to one crappy bot on a node, spend all their chips as to not give resources away, and then there you go. But something has to give, especially this early in the game development and you have so many currencies going on in various shards and chips, alliance, raid, regular health, and so on that raid just isn't that enticing and causes for bots to be used inefficiently. Too much going on at once to care about raid events, that yield SO LITTLE reward for the time consumed. I'd rather be leveling up my bots. Throw in class specific Sparks then yeah, I'd be more inclined to play or spark shards based on the difficulty of the base I just beat, sure. But as of right now... I don't even pay attention to that event. It's weak, and basically the whole system is an earth wars wannabe to try and gather earth wars players to switch.
  • KINGCHRIS97KINGCHRIS97 Posts: 22
    edited April 2017
    Welsed wrote: »
    Raid events are pointless only because the chip reward system is inherently flawed. Limiting the purchases as well as ramping up the cost, while advancing the difficulty of each raid is a detourant to play steadily. as well. The entire raid system needs to be revamped, al la earth wars. Automatic cool down periods, no limit purchases, no ramping up of difficulty, with difficulty subject to your current player level rather than simply amping up so eventually YOU LOSE, is not fun. This is classic Marvel COC cross over programming, which stems from the arena algorithms. We should get what we earned, not be forced to start from the beginning as a regulation or a funnel for energon use and pay-to-win tactics. I never spent a DIME on marvel coc for that very reason, and will continue to NOT do so because of such practices. I have yet to come across a base with only one bot when I've raided. And most often, I'm being hit with level 2200 bases when my squad is at 1300. Doesn't make sense. Why the hike? ESPECIALLY when I'm only fighting Quintessa Bases (basically the computer AI - not fair... and boring knowing I'm not playing against an ACTUAL player.) If that's the case, shouldn't the points be gauged on the level gap or level DIFFERENCE? Say I'm on a streak when an event starts and your algorithm keeps HIKING up the difficulty. How am I earning the same points as someone who is raiding a base with one bot? The only way to navigate that is to take the points of the base minus the squad used to attack it, and then ranking THAT into a tier of points. Otherwise, there can be too much manipulation. And if I'm running a hot streak, and winning, but keeping my medals low because I'm being raided as well and I don't want to give medals away, how am I still earning the same points as someone raiding bases with one defensive bot to defeat? During a raid even, everyone can just drop down to one crappy bot on a node, spend all their chips as to not give resources away, and then there you go. But something has to give, especially this early in the game development and you have so many currencies going on in various shards and chips, alliance, raid, regular health, and so on that raid just isn't that enticing and causes for bots to be used inefficiently. Too much going on at once to care about raid events, that yield SO LITTLE reward for the time consumed. I'd rather be leveling up my bots. Throw in class specific Sparks then yeah, I'd be more inclined to play or spark shards based on the difficulty of the base I just beat, sure. But as of right now... I don't even pay attention to that event. It's weak, and basically the whole system is an earth wars wannabe to try and gather earth wars players to switch.

Don't mention earth war is a crap game. A squad of 1300 can beat, a base 2200.
  • KinsonKinson Posts: 20
    Welsed wrote: »

Just to clarify, this thread was about a beta raid event where points were awarded based on the star level of each bot defeated in the raid attempt. The meta quickly became everyone using a single 1* bot and it was garbage. Thankfully they changed it to points being awarded only for successful raids and based on your medal count, the system we have now.

As for the attacker/defender power gap, you have to get used to it. Attacker rating is based on 3 bots. Defender is based on 7 bots + mods. Those of us who hover at the top of the ranks routinely fight 6-7k+ bases with squads under 3k. And I promise you more raids are won than lost overall.

Raiding is essential to leveling your bots. To ignore it outright is a mistake and I'd encourage you to stick with it.