Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bumblebee is back to his pre-nerved state (mode switching too fast)

@Kabam Miike et al...

Bee is broken today in AM. I haven't tested with my own BB to see if it is exclusive to AI Bee or just all Bee, but his signature is back to the "instant switch" that he used to be back before he was nerfed months ago.

It switches so fast that you can't even lead with ranged, do a combo, and then special, because he has already switched by around the end of the combo.

It is so egregious that I noticed it after the first combo. Usually I can lead with ranged, get off a combo, then bait him in to rushing me to get another combo in before he's switched back to melee evade. There is no skill to him now, just annoying and tedious.
Tagged:

Comments

• Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    I can confirm this also. Although fighting Bee in arena mode he is working as normal. It was the AM version that has the instant refresh of his evade ability.
  • Yeah, I imagine even if it was broken in arena, it probably wouldn't be as obvious since the sig level would probably be much lower there.
  • Hello Commanders,

We can see why you might think that there is something wrong with Bumblebee, but this is in fact not a bug, A few months ago something broke Bumblebee's Agility Mode Switching at high Signature Levels. The 4.1 Patch work included fixing this issue but it seems that this particular fix was missed in the Patch Notes.

For many Bee fans this fix is going to bring their little yellow buddy back to his old power level, however for those going against a max Signature Bee, we can imagine this is going to bring back a little bit of the missing challenge.

Keep in mind, there are several hard counters to him, like Hot Rod and Drift, and some play-style changes you can utilize to beat him. We will monitor his performance and see if he needs any adjustments in the future.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Moderator beat me to it.

His Sig level is tied to how quickly he can switch back and forth between evade modes
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited November 2017
    It really isn't "challenge" any more than BC is "challenging", it is just tedium. At least there are some class advantage answers to BC, though... it is rather silly to necessitate going outside class advantage in order to have a counter to a bot.

Bringing him back to his "old power level" is an interesting way to put it, since no one will ever have a 99/99 Bee considering he's not even released yet at 4*, and by the time anyone has anywhere close to 99/99, 5* will **** their 4* Bee anyways.

Also, just to be clear "those going against a max signature Bee" is effectively everyone doing AM... it's not like this behavior is only exclusive to those doing extremely high level AM.
    Manthro wrote: »
    Moderator beat me to it.

His Sig level is tied to how quickly he can switch back and forth between evade modes

Well, obviously, lol. Do you not recall, though, about 3-4 months ago they changed Bee to have a "minimum timer" built in to mode switching, because it was previously "instant" at 99/99 sig level?

Of course, that positive change was in the patch notes, while this negative change somehow didn't find its way in...

6bthbrl2ukho.png

Apparently they overdid the 0.2 seconds all this time... so I understand the "fix", but it was quite a shock to step in to a fight expecting the same old Bee.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I've always found bee easy to deal with, so I never noticed any kind of change to his ability.

He loves to stand in front of Ironhide and test himself on how many heavy attacks he can eat in a row before thinking he might want to get out of the way.

Seriously. For some reason he doesn't evade IH heavy very often
  • Manthro wrote: »
    I've always found bee easy to deal with, so I never noticed any kind of change to his ability.

He loves to stand in front of Ironhide and test himself on how many heavy attacks he can eat in a row before thinking he might want to get out of the way.

Seriously. For some reason he doesn't evade IH heavy very often

Yeah. I've been the one to usually go against Bee in AM and I find that he does eat a lot of IH heavies and beyond that just gotta limit length of combos at one time or risk him evading.
  • Well that's not good. Bee was bad enough for guys like me with no luck. That ability procs an evade 95% of the time against me. Using the short delay was my only way around him. He'll be an even bigger overpowered bully than he was before!