Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Raid Selection Tool Fails— and Suggested Fixes

@Kabam Miike,
The Raid selection tool seems to be failing today. I ran a total of 8 Raids in a row because it is Knight Crystal day. About four of the Bases were within the range that are normally selected for me (8,500 to 10,500 medals). The third and sixth Bases were about 1,100 medals, and the seventh was 13,500 medals. The on two separate occasions, I experienced swings in Base medal values from 1,100 medals to 10,500 medals and from 1,100 medals to 13,000 medals. Is this how the system is intended to work? I thought the whole point of moving away from the system where players select the base to Raid was to eliminate this sort of thing. Please comment on this.

This experience suggests three methods to improve Raids:
1) Please consider establishing a minimum floor medal value of Bases for selection for a player with a given medal count — e.g. limit the selection pool to those with Bases which are at least 50% of the Base medal value of the person doing the Raid.
2) Please consider limiting the elegibility of Bases in the selection pool to only include those that have a defender on every node. Bases with only one defender should definitely not be in the selection pool.
3) Please consider removing Bases from the selection pool that have less than 1,500 raid chips when Raids are purchased with Energon. This amount of raid chips can be purchased with about as much gold in an away mission, and does not reflect the virtual monetary value of Energon vs. gold.

Thank you for your consideration.

Comments

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    There is no base with 13500 medals or badges your talking about raid chips and those are based on how many chips someone is holding or how tough their base is combined should say

People sandbag and you get crap raid chips existed for a year still will be there.

They pair off your raid badge ranking so if your at 2k you will be paired near that but doesn’t mean that guys don’t have sandbag bases
  • I stand corrected. I meant Base Rating, not Base medal value. Thanks Mustangjon for pointing out that I used the wrong term, and allowing me to clarify my statement above.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Spark5215 wrote: »
    I stand corrected. I meant Base Rating, not Base medal value. Thanks Mustangjon for pointing out that I used the wrong term, and allowing me to clarify my statement above.

Unfortunately, someone can have the same number of medals as you, but have a very low power base rating.

The reason for this is because... If you raid regularly, you are only thrown into the raid pool once for each time you raid. If you win all your attacks and lose all your defense attempts, you will still remain at the same medal count.

If a knowledgeable player knows how to work the system, he can play the counterpunch game and put up a weak base to revenge any attackers, most likely stealing more chips than he is losing.

As long as that player spends them relatively quickly after raiding, he can undercut players attacking him.

The best way to thwart these sandbaggers is to spend energon to skip them. This way, they won't get the opportunity to revenge while they have a low number of raid chips.

They will have to attack what the matchup system gives them, immediately putting them into the raid pool while they have a larger amount of chips in their stash.
  • Manthro wrote: »
    Spark5215 wrote: »
    I stand corrected. I meant Base Rating, not Base medal value. Thanks Mustangjon for pointing out that I used the wrong term, and allowing me to clarify my statement above.

Unfortunately, someone can have the same number of medals as you, but have a very low power base rating.

The reason for this is because... If you raid regularly, you are only thrown into the raid pool once for each time you raid. If you win all your attacks and lose all your defense attempts, you will still remain at the same medal count.

If a knowledgeable player knows how to work the system, he can play the counterpunch game and put up a weak base to revenge any attackers, most likely stealing more chips than he is losing.

As long as that player spends them relatively quickly after raiding, he can undercut players attacking him.

The best way to thwart these sandbaggers is to spend energon to skip them. This way, they won't get the opportunity to revenge while they have a low number of raid chips.

They will have to attack what the matchup system gives them, immediately putting them into the raid pool while they have a larger amount of chips in their stash.

The game mechanics have changed: you get raided even if you haven't raided anyone. That makes it harder for the sandbaggers, but it also punishes players who have less time to raid.
    Since the change, I've been steadily losing medals because I'm getting hit more than twice as often as I'm able to raid (it doesn't help that the issue with game crashing during raids is still happening and still causing unavoidable damage and unavoidable KOs).
    I'm not a fan of the change since it reduces one form of exploitation while hurting players who were not manipulating the system. To me, the whole thing feels like a giant cash grab: pay up or find the raid shop worthless as you will lose more medals than you can earn (and consequently be unable to purchase the items you need due to being too low ranked). Considering that 90% of the people who raid me are either protected by a glitch or perpetually protected by a shield, the cash grab must be working.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    I've opened more 4* bots than I've experienced raid revenge actually work. I don't bother with my base because it will get steam rolled anyway, all I see are 4* r3 raiders these days. It's a huge gold investment for close to no benefit, certainly not equal to the resources put in. The new mod ranks make it a bit more interesting though.

Regarding match making. It's purely based on medals. Pi, bot levels etc don't factor in to it at all.

The old system you could avoid the nerfed bases for free, but apparently there was a large enough number of people specifically choosing those bases and using it to climb too high in medals that they removed the choice.

The actual effect though, was just to lower the quality of life of legit players who wanted a challenge or a good return on their ticket and now have to eat the nerfed bases or spend.
  • Amen dude