Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Introducing: 3 New Mods!

2»

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Of course, why would you think otherwise? This has happened to Megatron, to 18000=100T1a, etc. This has happened to clothes, to luxuries, from the "be the first to have it" to the clearance sale. Just wait another 6 months.
  • DovahKingDovahKing Posts: 60
    edited November 2017
    @StormCrow You're getting extremely easy bases while I get the opposite I'm running a 3 bot squad at around 2500 hp and I'm receiving bases with rating of 4000-8000 hp its extremely hard to win especially since I have hardly any energon
  • DovahKing wrote: »
    @StormCrow You're getting extremely easy bases while I get the opposite I'm running a 3 bot squad at around 2500 hp and I'm receiving bases with rating of 4000-8000 hp its extremely hard to win especially since I have hardly any energon

I typically get 9-13k 50%, 5-9k 30%, and under that about 20%. I was being a bit sarcastic in earlier post, but the point remains that when your suppose to be getting harder bases, those are popping up on a regular interval. Just irritating when you try to get good stuff to upgrade bots.
  • Hopefully with the changes to using base defense bots in story, SM and dailies people will stop this putting lowbie 2* on a base. People also need to realize that bigger 4* bots does not equate to you losing more raid chips. The chips you lose is based on how many you have. It has nothing at all to do with the bots you have defending. A 500 rated base will lose the same amount of chips as a 15k rated base if the amount of chips the owners have is the same. There is absolutely zero reason to not toss your extra big bots on to base defense as you're only hurting yourself(gold gain) and those raiding you(less they earn from defeating your bots).

Again, chips earned for defeating bots in a raid is based on the bots total PI and DOES NOT mean more or less stolen from you.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    I wish they would let us put AM bots... then we’d see more fun bases :D
  • Hired_Goon wrote: »
    Hopefully with the changes to using base defense bots in story, SM and dailies people will stop this putting lowbie 2* on a base. People also need to realize that bigger 4* bots does not equate to you losing more raid chips. The chips you lose is based on how many you have. It has nothing at all to do with the bots you have defending. A 500 rated base will lose the same amount of chips as a 15k rated base if the amount of chips the owners have is the same. There is absolutely zero reason to not toss your extra big bots on to base defense as you're only hurting yourself(gold gain) and those raiding you(less they earn from defeating your bots).

Again, chips earned for defeating bots in a raid is based on the bots total PI and DOES NOT mean more or less stolen from you.
    Hired_Goon wrote: »
    Hopefully with the changes to using base defense bots in story, SM and dailies people will stop this putting lowbie 2* on a base. People also need to realize that bigger 4* bots does not equate to you losing more raid chips. The chips you lose is based on how many you have. It has nothing at all to do with the bots you have defending. A 500 rated base will lose the same amount of chips as a 15k rated base if the amount of chips the owners have is the same. There is absolutely zero reason to not toss your extra big bots on to base defense as you're only hurting yourself(gold gain) and those raiding you(less they earn from defeating your bots).

The problem isn't even so much that being unable to use in missions made me not put my big 4*s on defense, it's the timer that won't let you use for defense if you use some one on OFFENSE that was a bigger problem. One of every class will sill be held off my base defense so I can squish other defenders, so have to double my 4* levelled roster before I can buff my defense. On the plus side, the maxed 3*s that are already there can get buffed to over 2k anyway now that you can max out some mods, so still more victory chips.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Hired_Goon wrote: »

I would add that having a sh*tty base shortens your time window to spend before being raided. It is even ridiculous to have only 3 bots on a base of <2000 PI. That base will get crushed 3 times within 10 minutes when the owner tries in vain to fight a 10K+.
  • @Supraliminal if you have beefy 3* you're fine. I still have 3* on mine because I simple don't have enough 4* either. I'm more refering to peeps throwing a single 1* or the ones who have 3x r3 or better 4* as their profile top bots but their base is populated with weak 2*
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited November 2017
    Bases go on cooldown after being attacked, you can't get hit 3 times in 10 minutes unless two of them are revenge attacks.

Unless you're putting r3 4* on defense it's not going to make any difference (although the new mod ranks have some effect), and the new mod ranks with r3 are actually kind of nuts, so my base is/was all 2*. I've thrown a few non-2* in now because I like to test what actually does damage and also to help people get more raid chips.

I actually really dislike getting medals from base wins, so I avoid it. If I didn't get medals from base defense I'd max it out and put more top bots on it.
  • Meh, far more gold gain from 3 and 4* than puny 2* and it keeps lowbies from taking what I earn so I'll always stick the best of what I can spare on my base. The gold gained may be minimal on a per collection basis but checking in periodically throughout the day can net you 20k a day, 140k a week. That's fairly significant over the long term and you won't get the same from 2* bots
    edited November 2017
    I haven't seen a lowbie for awhile. R3 4* is the standard I see, sometimes even r4, one time an r5 smashed through my base lol.

The gold gain is actually not that significant, couple of thousand per day and I save gold not having to upgrade all that base junk.

I like the line up of 4hr crystals, I can tap so many things lol..i only just started upgrading my mods, and only because my ore had gone in to the thousands and unclaimed items expiring everyday felt like I was on a sinking ship :'(

But yeah, when I have nothing left to put resources on, I'll put it on base, as a last resort.

I want people to get a decent raid chip payout without much challenge, some stronger bots are coming to my base now, but I don't want to start climbing medals passsively. I can actively climb without problems :)
  • I float between 15-1800 medals atm and i rarely raid unless something in store I want so, yeah, i see a rare r2 4* try running through my base. I said nothing about wasting resources on mods. Nor did I say anything about stopping r3 or higher players. And I collect roughly 7k gold every time I go tapping through my base and I do it 2-3 times daily. But hey, if you don't care about an extra 125k+ gold a week for upgrading bots then more power to you.
  • new mods out for all regions? ive melt away some energon but i got nothing, and i dont see one in roulette.
    I was referring to the difference, not talking about not collecting at all.

Rank 1 4* is 900 per 8 hours, max 2* is 430 per 4 hours (so 860 per 8). Not insignificant when added all together, but not as big as you make it out to be. You won't get the same but you get quite similar, the biggest loss is the 50%ish one to collect when you wake up.

A 2* base will give 6020 every 8 hours. A 4* rank 1 base will give 6300.

Rank 2 is 1013 gold and rank 3 is 1163.

The problem is mixing in 3* 6 hour timers (744 max).

If you've got them spare yeah for sure put them on if you can hit the timers. But if you miss the 6hr timer on a 3* and collect it with the 4* you're turning it into an 8hr timer and you'd actually get more gold from the 2*, if you're logging to get the 4hr crystals anyway.

So if you don't have all 4* to put on, 2* aren't as bad as you say and can actually be comparable in pretty common situations.

I don't set any alarm to collect, I use the 4hr crystal notification as my 'alarm'.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    aiyu1221 wrote: »
    new mods out for all regions? ive melt away some energon but i got nothing, and i dont see one in roulette.

They were offered in special crystals but not returned since
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    I got a quick question for the admins or anyone reading this. If I increase my 4* Soundwave's signature ability all the way up to 100, will his shield reflect 100% of all projectiles including in any SP1 or SP2?
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    AAGZ0921 wrote: »
    I got a quick question for the admins or anyone reading this. If I increase my 4* Soundwave's signature ability all the way up to 100, will his shield reflect 100% of all projectiles including in any SP1 or SP2?

Bumping old threads is frowned upon, and your question has nothing to do with this old thread, but to answer your question Soundwave gets 90% chance reflect at level 100 sig and yes any range special get bounced back if it procs.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    MaxBebop wrote: »

Bumping old threads is frowned upon, and your question has nothing to do with this old thread, but to answer your question Soundwave gets 90% chance reflect at level 100 sig and yes any range special get bounced back if it procs.

Should’ve made new thread.. #saynotozombiethreads
    edited April 2018

I was brought here from another thread that made reference to this one. So I didn't "bump" it. And if it is not a rule than anyone is free to "bump". "Frowned-upon" sounds like a security guard working at the mall and has a serious god complex. Let's not forget that he is a police academy washout.

Later Paul Blart mall cop.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144

I was brought here from another thread that made reference to this one. So I didn't "bump" it. And if it is not a rule than anyone is free to "bump". "Frowned-upon" sounds like a security guard working at the mall and has a serious god complex. Let's not forget that he is a police academy washout.

Please man before posting read the rules! Commandments #2 states “thou shallst not ressurect dead posts”
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited April 2018

I think the main point is that your question has absolutely zero relevance to the thread, regardless if it was necro'd or not.

What does Soundwave's Sig percentage have to do with an announcement on 3 new mods?

You even got your irrelevant question answered, yet you flagged his post because he politely pointed out you resurrected a thread for no reason... Lol
    Manthro wrote: »

I think the main point is that your question has absolutely zero relevance to the thread, regardless if it was necro'd or not.

What does Soundwave's Sig percentage have to do with an announcement on 3 new mods?

You even got your irrelevant question answered, yet you flagged his post because he politely pointed out you resurrected a thread for no reason... Lol

And yet you're here.
  • Hey AAGZ0921,

KittenPrime and Manthro are both correct, bumping old threads and off-topic discussion posts are against the forum rules. You can refer to those rules here:

http://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/13/forum-rules

Let's try to keep our discussion posts relevant in the aspect of its relativity to the topic and also the time frame of when the discussion took place, as things are constantly changing within the game with every update.

Thanks for helping keep the forums clean!
  • Hey AAGZ0921,

KittenPrime and Manthro are both correct, bumping old threads and off-topic discussion posts are against the forum rules. You can refer to those rules here:

http://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/13/forum-rules

Let's try to keep our discussion posts relevant in the aspect of its relativity to the topic and also the time frame of when the discussion took place, as things are constantly changing within the game with every update.

Thanks for helping keep the forums clean!

I've often wondered, why aren't the forums set to automatically lock threads after 1-2 months?