Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

AM Move Reverse/Undo

With the introduction of the new 6 path map, can you add something in the store where you can buy a reverse move? Maybe for the same cost as AM energy.

There are times where someone has accidentally moved to the wrong path due to inability to see someone else was there or when the camera does that crazy spin, etc. In the SL's map, it wasn't great but it wasn't detrimental to the team completing. However, with this new map, any double up on a path would basically stop that BG from completing.

We try to be as careful as we can but accidents or bugs still happen on the rare occasion. I understand this could be exploited if someone moved to a path, fought one bot and moved out to another. Obviously some safeguards would have to in place to prevent this.

Please consider this as I think it would be a good feature to add.

Comments

• TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    It sounds like the actual solution to the problem of people mistakenly clicking due to not being able to see would be an overview map so it's 100% clear where everyone is and what nodes have been done.
  • Great thought, this is something that should happen.
  • Terminal wrote: »
    It sounds like the actual solution to the problem of people mistakenly clicking due to not being able to see would be an overview map so it's 100% clear where everyone is and what nodes have been done.

Did you even read his whole post?
    JKL wrote: »
    We try to be as careful as we can but accidents or bugs still happen on the rare occasion.

Yes, he initially speaks about situations that could possibly be fixed with a map, but if you're communicating with your BG like you should be anyway, there is no need for a map.

The OP mentions accidents a couple of times in his post and having a map will do nothing to stop an accident, lag, glitch or bug.
    Terminal wrote: »

You keep coming back to a map. However, I have yet to run into any section of FR or SL and even now AS where you can't fully see the section you are currently in. Who cares about the next section. There is always a bottleneck before a new section begins. If you have fallen behind due to [Insert reason here] it's easy to do the right thing in a few steps.

1. Scan your current section
    2. Move to cleanup if needed in current section
    3. Proceed to next section
    4. Repeat step 1-3 as needed
    5. Congratulations you caught up and can now see what needs doing and coordinate with BG

AS is only one that could be a potential issue but as the lanes are most likely not changing and it takes a full 6man squad, you are probably going to find yourself in the same lane every AM so a map becomes mute there too. Besides, nothing a quick discussion in your BG can't clear up and let you know where you are needed.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited December 2017
    Hired_Goon wrote: »

Did you even read his whole post?
    JKL wrote: »
    We try to be as careful as we can but accidents or bugs still happen on the rare occasion.

Yes, he initially speaks about situations that could possibly be fixed with a map, but if you're communicating with your BG like you should be anyway, there is no need for a map.

The OP mentions accidents a couple of times in his post and having a map will do nothing to stop an accident, lag, glitch or bug.

You keep coming back to a map. However, I have yet to run into any section of FR or SL and even now AS where you can't fully see the section you are currently in. Who cares about the next section. There is always a bottleneck before a new section begins. If you have fallen behind due to [Insert reason here] it's easy to do the right thing in a few steps.

1. Scan your current section
    2. Move to cleanup if needed in current section
    3. Proceed to next section
    4. Repeat step 1-3 as needed
    5. Congratulations you caught up and can now see what needs doing and coordinate with BG

AS is only one that could be a potential issue but as the lanes are most likely not changing and it takes a full 6man squad, you are probably going to find yourself in the same lane every AM so a map becomes mute there too. Besides, nothing a quick discussion in your BG can't clear up and let you know where you are needed.

Yeah I did read it. Do you have some problem that makes you feel the need to open like that?

I thought I made it pretty clear my solution was answering a very specific issue that he mentioned with his "due to" (which means a cause of an effect).

If it's because of bugs or an accident they could just have a undo button that only works if you haven't done a battle and only if no one else has run across the path you walked (so they don't get free energy).

Why should we have to pay because of a game bug? Seems absurd.

Paying money because of an accident seems equally silly.

There's other ways to fix this problem than players having to literally pay for it.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    I think it won’t hurt to be able to go back to last split if you haven’t had a fight after it yet. Could even be free, can’t be exploited either.
  • Agreed that a conditional backup would be nice.
    Amazing that some people are actually arguing for coordination solves all of these problems. Never had in game chat or AM log lag? I certainly have.