Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Problems launching heavies on iPad

Since the patch was released that fixed iOS menu scrolling, my iPad has basically been rendered useless except for low stakes fights like arena. The problem is now, and literally starting immediately after that patch was released, heavies are unreliable. The tap and hold used to launch a heavy now works perhaps 50% of the time for me, the rest of the time I just stand there and tend to get smoked as a result. This issue has pretty much forced me to stick to my phone only.

Details:
Newest gen ipad
Model Mp2H2CL/A
Version 11.1.2 (15B202)
iOS 11.2 installed.
Tagged:

Comments

• SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    edited December 2017
    Think I discovered part of the problem, it's tied to the edges of the screen. If I move a good inch and a half in from the bezel it detects 100%. However if I touch closer to the bezel ( while still entirely on screen ) it's about 50/50.

This isn't ideal though, that puts a hell of a lot of strain on the thumbs.
  • juliusjulius Posts: 66
    Omg,finally someone found the same problem and a potential workaround.
    Yes, this issue almost makes the iPad unplayable for this game. The last patch has some projection issues with iPad. The bot acts like stunned when it is supposed to launch a heavy attack, causing numerous deficits in fighting. The android version does not have this issue.
    Serapth wrote: »
    Think I discovered part of the problem, it's tied to the edges of the screen. If I move a good inch and a half in from the bezel it detects 100%. However if I touch closer to the bezel ( while still entirely on screen ) it's about 50/50.

This isn't ideal though, that puts a hell of a lot of strain on the thumbs.

• This is part of the control issues most people are having. It isnt just heavy attacks not working but also dashing back. Sometimes your bot would randomly dash forward when sidestepping. Hopefully they come up up a fix.
  • I have this issue as well. In addition, when I tap too close to the edge of the screen, the game thinks I am making a sliding input. It is super frustrating. Not being able to scroll is far better than not having the game respond during game play!
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    Jetfire wrote: »
    This is part of the control issues most people are having. It isnt just heavy attacks not working but also dashing back. Sometimes your bot would randomly dash forward when sidestepping. Hopefully they come up up a fix.

I actually think the issue is separate.

This one is new, very specific and very easy to reproduce. Get an iPad. hold down your finger near edge of screen, 50/50 chance heavy happens vs nothing at all. On top, it started after the scroll fix patch.

The game screwing up touch detection is an older bug, is also on phones and android and seems to be tied to device performance ( either network or local ).

I have this strange feeling it might be tied to the aspect ratios. iPad is somewhat unique with a 4:3 vs the more common 16:9 or 16:10 resolutions... I think they just have a math bug in their code somewhere..