Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

It just doesn't make sense to me

This feels like a beaten subject here as far I can see. The problem is I never feel anyone ever made sense as to the complaint. Gold is scarce yes, but what can be done to correct the problem? It's a question that I hope to get an answer to every time I see a comment on gold. The arena doesn't bother me as much anymore. The missions on the other hand I feel are total BS as well as the pay out for forging and doubles as well as commander level ups. I've been trying to let it pass but as my ore stash continues to grow it's frustrating to have to sell them for pennies, and therefore being stuck in a circle jerk because I can't level up a bot due to my lack of gold and selling the ore therefore gives you gold but now you have no ore.

As far as the missions go it doesn't make sense to me because of the payout. You complete a mission and you only get the gold that you have gathered through exploring the map, nothing else. Why? In the easier levels the gold works out to a point, but as you progress to the harder levels the math doesn't add up. In my opinion a completion of a map should yield enough gold to level up a bot of the bosses rank at least, and total exploration should yield enough for a rank up to the boss level. The raids should pay out gold as well if the raid was on a Quintessen base.

Forging also needs to pay out more. You forge a bot, get whatever crappy amount of gold and 5 times the amount of ore. Again not the same with the lesser bots, but as you forge the bigger bots the value feels as it's decreased because the amount of gold you get isn't enough to even take a bot of the forged class to the next level or even rank. It's beginning to get frustrating when you are trying to compete as hard as you can to reach an elite status, and stay in the same spot because you don't have the gold to rank up your bot.

Duplicate bots and commander level ups piggy back the previous mostly. Duplicates should give enough money to use up the oree that they give if not a level two rank up of that star caliber. Commander level ups should give you gold in the amount of the level multiplied by 1000. Honestly guys, who thought it was a good ideas to give people an insane amount of ore with absolutely zero gold to use it.

Thank you guys for reading unlike another conversation I just read, I do want to hear people's opinions. And maybe, just maybe, if enough people agree to this we might even see a push towards a solution.
Tagged:

Comments

• KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Lol is the other way round for me hahaha 300k gold, no ore
  • AresAres Posts: 38
    Yeah but your probably on a higher level of play than I am.
  • You do have to take occasional breaks from upgrading bots and grind the story. I took a semi hiatus off bot leveling during Dinobot month and built up over 3 million gold. Even after four rank 3, 4 star bots, I'm still on a steady 2.5 mil average.

All I did to get gold was arenas and story missions. I actually have more gold leverage than Ore. Selling expired ore doesn't make a ton, but it adds up for sure.

Higher level players than I do have trouble with gold since they have to rank their 4 stars to rank 4 or 5 to get them on par. I'm probably going to feel this drag if I reach rank 4 as my team average. The demand for gold increases, but the income doesn't increase with it after where I am.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    edited December 2017
    As @Drake6401 said, you must take some breaks from bot leveling and grow your stash of gold. As you progress throughout the game, gold becomes more and more scarce; thus, you have to manage it effectively unless you spend energon on gold crystals, Kabam somehow gotta make some $$.

Just manage your resources effectively and you should be okay.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    @Drake6401 didn't you put your energy to spotlight missions? I nearly spend all of it for the better half of the month. Adding to the fact that T2c are so precious, a lot of energy went into daily missions as well. I've not touched story mission for quite some time. I do this because story mission is always there when you have nothing to do, but Spotlight rewards (even the 10+15 energons per mission) are so attractive in a limited time.
  • Lol is the other way round for me hahaha 300k gold, no ore

I have 900K gold with tons of ore so it’s somewhat the other way around again lol
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Lol is the other way round for me hahaha 300k gold, no ore

I have 900K gold with tons of ore so it’s somewhat the other way around again lol

Re running act3 missions are you? Best way to get ore and gold but I’d just get bored rerunning missions over and over and over and over again lol
  • @KillMasterC

There is less time than before but I still finish with plenty of time to run story missions before the month cycle. I also don't have the bot library to master all expert missions so that's a segment I don't have to see through to the end.
  • Lol is the other way round for me hahaha 300k gold, no ore

Re running act3 missions are you? Best way to get ore and gold but I’d just get bored rerunning missions over and over and over and over again lol

What? No just grinding arenas and AM got me there lol
  • AresAres Posts: 38
    I've already finished the story missions. I might do what drake suggested and not level up for a moment. It sounds reasonable and in the end I have to build my alpha spark roster as well. Thank you guys for the feedback.