Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Return values for Forging

So I've more or less hit the point where (barring the return of the old arenas) 2* bots have become completely unnecessary. My question now is this: In order to maximize my 3* shard income, should I simply max rank my 2* quickly and forge them, or should I wait for them to hit a high sig level first?
Tagged:

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Technically, you'll get more shards overall by ranking and forging a bit you've only duped once.. but... It costs 70k gold to max a 2* bot, so pick your poison.

I generally forge anything higher than Sig 35.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Thanks @Manthro that helps
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Manthro wrote: »
    Technically, you'll get more shards overall by ranking and forging a bit you've only duped once.. but... It costs 70k gold to max a 2* bot, so pick your poison.

I generally forge anything higher than Sig 35.

This. Cost to fully rank is too much so I just let them dupe and definitely forge if they get to 100. I used to wait and try to replace them before I forged but seemed pointless.
  • It's usually at whatever rate you have extra cash coinciding with noticing some 2*s are getting high in sig level. This is usually 55-85 for me, kind of depends on what all I'm ranking at a given time when I open a batch of 5 premiums (which is my reminder tool for high sig levels, I don't even pay attention to 2*s until I notice "oh so that guy is ripe to forge" opening crystals).

If you didn't wait to some sig level or other, you'd be burning a lot of gold, and that translates into poorer shards/forge level per gold spent in the long run. Not the end of the world if you have gold to burn, but most people say they do not. Really more than even necessarily the sig level, just whenever you have 70k, 140k gold sitting there, you just used all your mats you need 3 of so it'll be a while til you level a 4*.... well, then forge your "ripest" 2*s.
  • I'd put ore and gold into ranking and levelling your 3* bots until your AM team is all 4/40. Then I'd pick one from each of the remaining classes to keep levelling with their class ore, while using 1 & 2* bots as forge feed for your AM team

You probably only need to forge into 2 (max 3) 3* bots; by the time they're max forged, you'll mostly be using 4* bots :)

(Also, Manthro is spot on about the cost balance. Whether you pick sig35 like him, or something higher or lower should depend on your own resource flow)

Anyway, just my thoughts, this table should give you the details you need to make your own informed decision about what you want to do:
    qjz8b2x0rfzs.jpg

TF