Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Re-authentication post credential change

2»

Comments

• that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Thank you again for missing the point of the thread Terminal, really shows how much reading comprehension you have. No one is doubting that's it's against the rules of the ToS, no one is doubting that an account may have been shared. We all understand that.

But for whatever reason, you have to keep bringing it up to show you have a point or something when several people have asked you not to derail the topic of account security, and stay on the topic of importance of account security and preventative measures by Kabam as a customer expectation, thus raising its overall awareness.

Anyway, let's see if you ignore this again in true Terminal fashion.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    I bring it up because you say stuff like:

"If accounts are being breached as easily as this, then what's the point of playing high level AM if the cheater or hackers continues to get away with crap like this, while honest players are left in their wake?"

which is completely false, this situation didn't happen easily and it didn't happen to honest players. You're blowing up a situation in to something bigger than what it is. So I will bring up context and bring a realistic perspective to the situation, and if you think context is irrelevant and feel the need to make a post arguing with me that context is irrelevant then I'm going to reply to that post.

Sorry, but if you don't want me to keep bringing it up.. then don't engage and discuss it with me. This is a forum, if you want someone to ignore something, don't directly address a comment towards them or @ them, is it so surprising that the person is going to reply? Like what did you think was going to happen?Maybe if you don't want to talk about it then don't talk about it? What did you expect was going to happen? You think it's not relevant, I think it is.. if you want to argue that we can. I thought I'd said my piece pretty clearly but you want to keep going with it.

The topic of this thread as I see it: We found a security flaw with re-securing an account and we want the flaw fixed. Why do we want it fixed? Are we all in danger? not at all. We aren't going to wake up one day and find someone else is accessing our account (unless we shared our account info). So there's very little to be afraid of. It can't just randomly happen to anyone, there isn't some vulnerability or bug in the software allowing random people access to accounts. Some people seem to be afraid and getting very upset at the mention of the reason why the account needs re-securing in the first place.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited January 2018
    Jay32 wrote: »
    Please enough of your Stephen King novels @Terminal this can happen to anyone. Account security should be the #1 priority from Kabam. To not be able to stop someone that keeps logging in your device is a shame. I've never gave my info to anyone EVER but recently I got kicked from the game because it said someone logged into my account from another device. When I contact support they know nothing & are unable to help.

Exactly @Terminal , the point of this thread isn't to fix it for people that are account sharing, it's to fix it for everyone. That's why social engineering was brought up.

My own account isn't even compromised, nor do I have concerns about it, but it blows my mind that you don't care about such a gaping security flaw.

Face it, regardless of how your account was compromised, it is absolutely ridiculous that someone can maintain access after you change the password AND email whether they have knowledge of the new info or not.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    At this point everything just sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher.

Wuhhhhh-wuhh...wuuuhhhhhh-wuhhh-wuhhh-wuhhhhhhhh..wuhhh-wuhh.
    edited January 2018
    Terminal...this isn't about you. Continuously, we have been asking you to stop derailing the thread, if you want to take this to PM with me, that's fine. But at this point you are just trying to rake in attention for whatever reason. I will respond to you a final time.

I am not arguing against you, please understand that. What I am explicitly asking is to consider that the subject you are discussing is not related to the sole purpose of this thread. There is a security oversight with how logins are handled, and we want Kabam to rectify this, very simple. This is a reasonable request, regardless if accounts are shared or not; regardless if you need context for a specific situation; regardless of how little it impacts the overall player-base. The fact of the matter is we, as players/customers of Kabam who use their services, should demand a more secured account - especially in this day and age.

At highlevel AM - something you aren't really familiar with, players and alliance leaders want integrity and fairness, as such, this whole situation puts it all at risk if Kabam does not handle it properly. For players who strive for end game content that high level AM provides, the incentive to play is lost if there is a possibility of people/alliances can simply cheat their way to the top. And like it or not, it's these players (pay2win, whatever you call them) for the highest AM rewards are the one who help keep the game afloat with their in-game purchases. So consider that if even in the unlikely event that you like to exclaim that their account is breached when their login details was never shared, what will happen to the disgruntled player/customer? I'll let you figure that out.

• tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    Manthro wrote: »
    At this point everything just sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher.

Wuhhhhh-wuhh...wuuuhhhhhh-wuhhh-wuhhh-wuhhhhhhhh..wuhhh-wuhh.

Well, it's important to keep this thread bumped, since kabam removed the last one... I can only assume because they didn't have any intention of fixing it.
    Man, I had a response written for Terminal, and for whatever reason got deleted. tekknikal pretty much rephrased it, so thank you.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited January 2018
    tekkn1kal wrote: »
    Exactly @Terminal , the point of this thread isn't to fix it for people that are account sharing, it's to fix it for everyone. That's why social engineering was brought up.

My own account isn't even compromised, nor do I have concerns about it, but it blows my mind that you don't care about such a gaping security flaw.

Face it, regardless of how your account was compromised, it is absolutely ridiculous that someone can maintain access after you change the password AND email whether they have knowledge of the new info or not.

My first sentence from my first post:

I 100% agree that account security and authentication should be stronger, old credentials should definitely not be able to keep accessing an account.

In a previous thread on this same topic (that isn't deleted):

Not having a proper system is baffling. Please improve account security, anyone and everyone could have this problem.

-

I even went and searched the mcoc forums and found instances of mcoc players having the same problem and mentioned it before.

I care about the issue. I was supportive of the issue since the beginning, but I'm not going to be supportive of people who break the ToS.

Like yourself, I also do not have concerns about my account being compromised, likely for the same reasons you do, because you haven't shared your info and are smart enough not to fall for a phishing scam. In fact, everyone should have your position of not having concerns about their account, except for the people who have been sharing, who I'm sure there's more than just two. Because let's be real, they're the only ones in immediate danger here.