Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Another crystal complaint thread...

Don't worry, this isn't just another "I opened 10 PBCs and didn't get a single 4* bot" complaint thread...

I've opened 4 4* bot crystals since the start of the Primal feature bot event. 3 I opened at the same time, the fourth was opened separately.

And I got Hot Rod. 4 times.

There are about 20 4* bots, right? To get the same one 4 times in a row, if we believe Kabam about each bot being equally available, is a 1 in 160,000 chance.

So I'm either the luckiest man alive, or the system is rigged. Take a wild guess as to which I think it is!

To make it worse, I HATE Hot Rod!

Comments

• I duped soundwave 2 times and I used an awakening gem on him before that! I would of been pissed off but lucky for me hes a bot with an awesome sig ability, So I dont mind as much.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    I opened 5 crystals a week ago, got 3 Arcee, Drift & Mixmaster.
    In total I had opened 55-60 4* crystals since I started, I opened 6 Mixmasters, 5 UMs, 5 Grindors, 5 Drifts, 0 MV1.
    I know it is (random) but I wish my random pulls get me my 1st MV1, 2nd Rat, 3rd IH & WB.
    I decided to horde 10 crystals then opened them next month to see how many randooom shitmixers I will get.
  • I have gotten 2 freakin mixmasters only 4* dupes also I had to awaken prime with a program wtf kabam this is BS I don’t even use him I freakin hate mixmaster. I agree something shady is going on. And what really pisses me off is both times I spent money (cash) on the crystals to get the BS dupes. If we can prove that the game is rigged I wonder if we can sue and get everyone’s money back for them since the game began. I’m going to check on that and then get my buddy to do some digging on his hack board (laptop). Let’s see if we can stop the BS.
  • Whats wrong with mixmaster? Hes better than Ramjet and galvatron imo (Even though I love galavatrons playstyle)
  • I'm the opposite of everyone here I guess then I pulled Boncrusher back to back 4* crystals then the next 10 were all different 4* guys.
  • Success is just around the corner. Keep buying crystal spins, you're bound to get a different four star eventually.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Got 4* ratchet back to back then 4* OG Prime back to back.. thank Miike they’re both god tier lol
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I pulled a other 4* Hot Rod recently also. I don't like him.but he's beginning to be useful since he's been duped so much.
  • Got 4* ratchet back to back then 4* OG Prime back to back.. thank Miike they’re both god tier lol

I have Rat as a 4/40 3* and I can't figure out if I like him or not. He's straight pillow hands but his heal and S3 are ridiculous.
  • camaro57camaro57 Posts: 212
    I have opened 1000 energon worth of hive crystal. Not a single 3 or 4 star, which means no bumblebee.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Got 4* ratchet back to back then 4* OG Prime back to back.. thank Miike they’re both god tier lol

I have Rat as a 4/40 3* and I can't figure out if I like him or not. He's straight pillow hands but his heal and S3 are ridiculous.

Trust me he’s really good. Once at 4* R3 you’ll see him doing decent damage but it’s all in the heals and power gains. Use a few ranged attacks before dashing in to inflict some powerful shock damage and always go for special 3 unless you’re at low health.
  • It really comes down to chance not that hearing that makes it ease your Hot Rod pain. I have 9 4* bots and have been playing since launch day. Yesterday I finally duped my first 4* bot, Soundwave! And last Friday after I opened a 4* crystal for Drift and opened a PBC shard crystal and pulled 4* Grimlock! So it really is just chance. Maybe open your crystals at different hours or days to change it up. It might be at certain times of the day 1 bot is more likely to drop then others. I had a crystal issue once and tech support told me you get the same bot whether you immediately open the crystal or go thru the rotation and tap open. Keep trying and we feel your pain, but it hurts you more :'( 4 Hot Rods wow that's harsh.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Yeah I think their RNG is not 100% random but factors everyone's unique account into the draw. Even if the bot was awesome (and I personally think Hot Rod is awesome) I'd still be mad about pulling 4 of them in a row.

FWIW, try triggering decelerate on your opponent while you're at sp2, build up a combo to stack your crit meter and then trigger your sp2. You'll be pretty surprised at how hard he hits. Mine is r4 right now and hits for about 8k worth of damage against scouts on sp2 with decelerate in effect.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    RNGeesus works in mysterious ways. It's 100% not entirely random though - anyone who has played MCOC will have seen the weird and wonderful pulls from the alliance feed.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    @lilbeastie

Here's a quick example of what Hot Rod can do:

https://youtu.be/7N-V0YnPcKI