Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Another which 4* bot to take to r4 poll (sorry, need the advice)

seeker1321seeker1321 Posts: 83
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
Hello everyone,

Sorry for yet another which bot to rank poll, but i could use the collective's advice to help me think through my choice.
I got my first bit of T2 alpha spark essence about 4 months ago, and I am finally ready to take my first 4* up to rank 4.

The poll lists the options but I wanted to give some background info. I currently run Ironhide, OG Prime, and MV1 Prime as my raid team, and my AM team has been Windblade, Drift, and a r2 4* Dinobot. I recently got a 4* Bludgeon and took him to r2 as well so far, and have been experimenting with the full swordmaster team in missions. I will take Dinobot and Bludgeon to r3 when I get some more resources. I also have G1 Megatron from last month as another option.

I have been running different combinations of the bots in the special missions. For the last three months I have gotten 100% on chap 1, and the completion reward of chapter 2 on the Expert level of the spotlight mission, but haven't been able to get any higher. My hope is that this first r4 will help push me farther in the special missions to help speed up the process to my next T2 Alpha spark.

Thank you for your time and advice

Another which 4* bot to take to r4 poll (sorry, need the advice) 39 votes

Ironhide (1 dupe)
46%
DavienWarCatCanuck33Faithz17Gunz0ZapperKillMasterCPromethium1Mufc14Diego_22Username819273943StreetFighterDendamDaveh911SaberJ33RFNacho_primeNinjaHunterX 18 votes
OG Prime
17%
MallowmanJurassicPark10InsanecloudXhibitADC_2op4uNightgauntxxSkidsxx 7 votes
Windblade
0%
Drift (1 dupe)
5%
MegaKuppCakeDaveJL 2 votes
MV1 Prime
12%
Raptor22serdooddtorreskaterYepezknows456OptimusMv14141 5 votes
G1 Megatron
17%
Kabam MiikeFrench_BakerManthroCandKaneJoker69KittenPrimeDutch1980 7 votes

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited January 2018
    G1 Megatron
    While IH is probably your best bet to clear lanes overall in expert, keep in mind that it seems mod combinations are generally geared to thwart demo bots in spotlight, particularly IH.

You need to fight strategically with him if you upgrade him.

Considering this... The best bot for spotlight in general is probably G1 Megatron, but you also have to consider synergies to a certain extent.

Then there is MV1... If he was duped then it almost a no brainer to rank him up because his Sig can do major damage to the enemy... Plus, there is ALWAYS an annoying BC in expert spotlight. MV1 is one of your best answers to him, and IH is usually very good against him as well, unless he is on a heavy block mod.

There is no definite answer for you. It's more about what you need as a player.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Drift (1 dupe)
    I voted drift because he is in your AM team, he is duped and it sounds like you could use the swordmasters in spotlight too eventually. Drift is really really good as well.
    I think CW Mega might be the strongest bot in the game at the moment though, so he is a solid option too
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    G1 Megatron
    Infinite shock damage
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    It's hard to say... why do you prefer bludgeon over Drift? The spotlight team needs to be built around specific needs to compliment eachother. MV1 against bleed. OP or a tact for armor etc. I only just started to realize how well Drift does against evade bots like Sideswipe and Barricade (not including advantage) but also against Bee or any evade mods as those can be a pain.

Unless you were using Bludgeon for synergy other than swordmaster I think Drift is better all-around. Dino/WB/Drift is a crazy combination for damage output. Adding MV1 and IH to that team for spotlight would likely serve you well and provide more synergy to Drift/MV1.

If you want to keep swordmasters then determine if you have trouble against bleed bots then MV1, evade bots then Drift, armor then Dino, general then IH.
    Drift (1 dupe)
    Infinite shock damage

The shock damage isn't that strong though - in an ordinary fight you will do an absolute ton more damage using 3x sp1, especially if you fuse the 1st AB
  • MV1 Prime
    I say MV1, he is a raid machine. Every bot combo with HA he will rip through. You can gain more t2a and t3b when it comes into the raid store and upgrade the next one. I also run him in my first choice alliance mission team.
  • G1 Megatron
    I did my megatron G1 as my first R4 and his infinite shock damage is a game changer
    edited January 2018
    G1 Megatron
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Infinite shock damage

The shock damage isn't that strong though - in an ordinary fight you will do an absolute ton more damage using 3x sp1, especially if you fuse the 1st AB

Strong or not, just bob and weave till the enemy slowly and painfully dies in front of you. No mercy.
    Drift (1 dupe)
    Infinite shock damage

Strong or not, just bob and weave till the enemy slowly and painfully dies in front of you. No mercy.

aint nobody got time for that! Pound them in to the ground with an energon flail. No mercy.
  • kranders wrote: »
    It's hard to say... why do you prefer bludgeon over Drift? .

My Drift is already r3, I prefer him to Bludgeon, I was thinking about taking Bludgeon up to r3 to give me the full swordmaster team
  • Some great input so far everyone, it really gives me a lot to think about.
    G1 Megatron
    Infinite shock damage

aint nobody got time for that! Pound them in to the ground with an energon flail. No mercy.

Call them ugly. No mercy.
    Drift (1 dupe)
    Infinite shock damage

Tickle them until they ask you to stop, and don't stop. No mercy.
    G1 Megatron
    Infinite shock damage

Tickle them until they ask you to stop, and don't stop. No mercy.

Slap them. A little bit of mercy.
  • @seeker1321, I missed that you would like to R4 for SM. my favorit in SM is OG. If you didn't make decision yet, in order to understand a little better can you tell me: if not considering a team for raids, would you prefer your raid team better in AM or you would still stick with sword team?

In general G1 Mega should be great for SM as well. I didn't try yet.

I also think that bot for SM should be one of AM bots. Playing higher level AM will help with resources.

I want the team that will set me up the best for success. I am not worried about having the best raid team, my current alliance is not maxing out Am level, which is why I don't currently use my best bots in AM, I don't need my best ones for the level we are running. I realize that if I went to another alliance I could advance faster with more resources but I have been with my current alliance for a long time now and I don't want to cut and run.

My main goal is to have the best team for Spotlight missions and ROK one day.

I only started experimenting with the sword masters when I got my 4* Dinobot, since I already had Drift and Windblade at the time. Since then I duped my Drift and got 4* Bludgeon so I have been working through Map 1/ Chapter 1 of Expert with them.

OG Prime is my favorite bot, but if one of the others gives me a better chance to win, then I am fine waiting to upgrade him in the future.

Ironhide is a beast he was my first duped 4* and the first one I took to r3.

My top three choices going into this poll were Ironhide, OG Prime, or Drift
  • MallowmanMallowman Posts: 125
    edited January 2018
    OG Prime
    My core team for RoK is CW prime, Ratchet, ironhide and movie prime. I favor CW prime with the ratchet heal synergy is the best to rank. Plus his special 2 is so devastating.
  • @StreetFighter I have everyone on your top list except for Grimlock and Soundwave. I have been trying to get Soundwave for a while now, I even spent some money and bought that 4* tech deal they had, but ended up with Shockwave.

I have been watching iNightSkies videos for a few months now. He does have a lot of good information on there.

Thank you for taking the time for such a detailed posting.
  • NightgauntNightgaunt Posts: 178
    edited January 2018
    OG Prime
    Some interesting ideas and advice in here, and I'm learning a few things myself as I'm reading through. I'd like to weigh in with my two cents if I may.

From what I can gather, spotlight missions are your priority at the moment, in terms of what's pushing your bots to their limits (I'd say that's the right strategy, by the way - raids and AMs are important, but the SM rewards are currently some of the most accessible in the game, especially since it looks like there'll be additional special missions halfway through the month going forward). With that in mind, I'd suggest that OG Prime is your best bet at this point, as he's a pretty rock solid all-rounder. His 'roll out' ability gives you 4 attack buffs on demand, on account of the increased number of allies in story and special missions. Blocking gives you an armour buff on demand - not a huge buff, but like the attack buffs you can refresh it whenever you like, and just like the attack buffs a larger team boosts its effectiveness. Best of all, his special attacks are utterly devastating - they might not match a duped Ironhide in terms of raw output, but not much survives his SP2, and his SP3's permanent armour break is really useful in longer fights, or if you get put on the backfoot in a tough match and build up to it by receiving a lot of hits. Spam a heavy attack before you go in for your specials and you'll boost that damage even further. Granted, your prime isn't duped, but take it from someone with a duped 4* OG prime - I wouldn't let that dissuade you from the fact that he's a fearsome bot even without his Sig ability. As a final side note, I know it's probably an unconventional setup to double up on any particular class but I've been running OG Optimus and Megatron together for the last couple of weeks, and the 8% attack rating bonus is a pretty solid synergy, considering it's for two of the strongest bots in the game. I wouldn't rule that out as a future setup either.
  • Thank you everyone for the great advice and information. In the end it all came down to the t2 tact. sparks or lack thereof. I had used up most of my tact. t2 sparks taking my 4* Megatron to r3, at the beginning of the month, so I went with Ironhide as my first r4. Hopefully by the time I am able to get another t2 alpha, I will have some more duped 4*s to choose from.

Thank you again for all the help.

e7sb4jyfsd75.png

• My team to start working on Spotlight mission, expert chapter 2.

ayinldz9s5ut.png
    G1 Megatron
    seeker1321 wrote: »
    My team to start working on Spotlight mission, expert chapter 2.

ayinldz9s5ut.png

Very solid team but Expert Chapter 2 is just horrible.. the s1000 boss is the pinnacle of cheap AI
  • Trailbreaker77Trailbreaker77 Posts: 260
    edited January 2018
    Very solid team but Expert Chapter 2 is just horrible.. the s1000 boss is the pinnacle of cheap AI

Yeah tell me about it I've given it 4 tries with different teams and most don't even get to land a hit before being KO'd.
  • Great Team! Kill them all! :)
    Yeah, T2 sparks could slow down ranks up a bit. I can see from your gold amount that you don't forge. That's smart. Don't forget after signature 100 any additional dupes will forfeit the signature, so it's better to forge them at 100 and get these shards. IH should do the job with shark. Don't miss his hits, they are really heavy and take a lot of HP.

Yeah he was definitely tough, the first time I faced him, my bot was dead before I could get one attack off.
    With this team it took me three tries but I got through the s-1000 without using any energon. It was almost as bad as the Waspinator two months ago.

I only forge when I need to now, each of these 4* bots is in the low 30's for forge level. I try to match types and forge my 2* stars into them when they get over 80 signature level. Before I learned I had forged some of my 3*'s, but now I am just letting them build up their signature level.
  • Great, you did it:) You got here full team of members who are supporting each other. That's really awesome! With the Grim, I would think you got to run away from him without blocking till the resistance is on. Also doing counterattacks to build up your SP while running away from him also. The sucky part is that he will still be blocking anyway and you have limited time to kick his a.. Try to bring all team with as much as possible HP to him.

Got to Grim with most of my health, he was tough, wiped me out, but I did better against him my first time then the s-1000. I think I will get him this next time. I got a bad break on my Ironhide, he got me right before I could get the s2 off.