Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Version 5.0 Discussion Thread

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited January 2018
    Manthro wrote: »
    hu6h17w1n6ix.png
    And the class advantage is not shown here in arena. It is shown in missions though.

And my ads are unavailable either in mobile or in WIFI network. Android player.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    hu6h17w1n6ix.png
    And the class advantage is not shown here in arena. It is shown in missions though.

Class advantage is shown in arena... My 3* Galvatron is only 2/20:

2imza6iwt5o9.png
    They've added green and red arrows next to the avatar in missions fighting screen, but not the Arena.
    Class advantage is shown in arena... My 3* Galvatron is only 2/20:

• kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Well hopefully it's a small update to facilitate a larger 6.0 overhaul. Regardless Magnus is fixed and I get some free energon so I'm happy!
  • Manthro wrote: »
    hu6h17w1n6ix.png

Regarding the class advantage in arena, that's a known issue that we're fixing for the next update. :)

For the ad's question, do you see the options to watch them and it's just disabled? Or are they missing completely? Wifi vs data shouldn't matter...
  • DaveJL wrote: »
    I don't understand the value in being able to see what we don't have if I'm honest. How on earth does it enhance our experience? I'm pretty sure most people know what they don't have and most will know what they want regardless.

My only thoughts are that if you're seeing a lot of grey, it might be a subliminal incentive to buy more crystals and appeal to the collector side of people that want it all. Just seems like another trick to wring money from people, just like the crystal spinner and how it conveniently lands next to or between 4* characters to give you the illusion of being close.
    camaro57 wrote: »
    I like that it shows all characters in roster even ones I don't have. This will be useful for new players.

@camaro57 is on the right track. This feature was added primarily for new players to help them understand what Bots are available for them to collect and play with, but it should help existing players figure out who else is out there if they are missing one of their favorites.

I understand it doesn't feel like a substantial feature right now, but it sets a foundation for us to build on and expand if it's well received. :)
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Kabam Kavs wrote: »
    hu6h17w1n6ix.png

Regarding the class advantage in arena, that's a known issue that we're fixing for the next update. :)

For the ad's question, do you see the options to watch them and it's just disabled? Or are they missing completely? Wifi vs data shouldn't matter...

Next update.. 3.4 confirmed
  • It may not be the biggest update, but how can you not like the free energon and energy!

Exactly. Plus, I can finally stop worrying/complaining about that loading screen issue! Woo hoo! (It didn’t affect most people, so if you don’t know what I’m talking about, don’t worry.)
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    New update. Same insane crashing.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    DaveJL wrote: »
    I don't understand the value in being able to see what we don't have if I'm honest. How on earth does it enhance our experience? I'm pretty sure most people know what they don't have and most will know what they want regardless.

My only thoughts are that if you're seeing a lot of grey, it might be a subliminal incentive to buy more crystals and appeal to the collector side of people that want it all. Just seems like another trick to wring money from people, just like the crystal spinner and how it conveniently lands next to or between 4* characters to give you the illusion of being close.
    camaro57 wrote: »
    I like that it shows all characters in roster even ones I don't have. This will be useful for new players.

@camaro57 is on the right track. This feature was added primarily for new players to help them understand what Bots are available for them to collect and play with, but it should help existing players figure out who else is out there if they are missing one of their favorites.

I understand it doesn't feel like a substantial feature right now, but it sets a foundation for us to build on and expand if it's well received. :)

it's more the fact that this must have been done, as well as all the graphical updates, in place of some new, solid content or updates to actual content that are much needed. It doesn't even differentiate between rarity, so all I get to see now is that dumb G1 Bee that I can't even obtain any more.
  • With 5.0 my game instability went from bad to worse. My controls don't respond as well as they used to, gameplay is lagging at least 40% of the fight, and now sound is starting to cut out. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, cleared my cache, and closed all background apps. I don't know what else to do. I'm using an iPhone SE on 11.3.
  • quick question:
    I see as grey bot in my roster the G1 Bumblebee that you made available throught crystals in the holidays, but it shouldn't be available anymore.
    Does this mean there is still a chance to get him even if the event ended?
  • J ai une tablette samsung et 3 fois sur 4 le jeu crash lorsque je lance un combat. C est injouable en mission d alliance ...
    quick question:
    I see as grey bot in my roster the G1 Bumblebee that you made available throught crystals in the holidays, but it shouldn't be available anymore.
    Does this mean there is still a chance to get him even if the event ended?

Nope. Not until his exclusive crystal returns... If ever.
  • It may not be the biggest update, but how can you not like the free energon and energy!
    Its not free, its "free"--as in you don't have to pay money for it, but what you have to do is give up your time (if you want the "free" stuff) and give up space on your base's page (even if you don't want to), and that's cluttered too much already IMO.

Instead of making it quasi-opt in since the button for the ad is there whether we want it or not, how about making it actually an opt-in thing and let us choose whether that button (or any others) appears on our screen or not. If there's a toggle for sound or whatever, why not a toggle for the advertisement button?
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

The greyed out bots don't show rarity. It would be good to know which are available in what rarity. I'm sure there are some 2*s that don't have 4*s or 3*s or vice versa.
  • OP7842OP7842 Posts: 46
    Where does it say rarity?
    The ads were OK once I connected to the WIFI at home, must be my mobile ISP or something.
  • avez-vous essayé de réinstaller le jeu? Je dois réinitialiser mon jeu tous les deux à trois combats pour minimiser les retards.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    It may not be the biggest update, but how can you not like the free energon and energy!
    Its not free, its "free"--as in you don't have to pay money for it, but what you have to do is give up your time (if you want the "free" stuff) and give up space on your base's page (even if you don't want to), and that's cluttered too much already IMO.

Instead of making it quasi-opt in since the button for the ad is there whether we want it or not, how about making it actually an opt-in thing and let us choose whether that button (or any others) appears on our screen or not. If there's a toggle for sound or whatever, why not a toggle for the advertisement button?

Damn, I can't believe someone is actually complaining about free energon, wait I mean, quasi-free energon.

Yeah.
    that1guy wrote: »
    It may not be the biggest update, but how can you not like the free energon and energy!

Damn, I can't believe someone is actually complaining about free energon, wait I mean, quasi-free energon.

Yeah.

Proof that you can never please 100% of the people no matter what you do.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    They have to offer something or you wouldn't watch the ads - the bigger concern is the need for ads. I think that's the more overlooked thing here.
    Realistically the ads are only in there because the game can't be making enough money from energon sales and special offers, which isn't good for the longevity or future development of the game.
    Also better hope that one of the ads isn't for a game that looks more fun than this one... Sniper Arena looked tempting, as did another shoot'em up!
  • I just play the ad, run to the frig for a beer... I have no clue what the add is for.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    The ads are cool. Half of them actually look like fun games

I’ve been downloading and keeping most of the games for the time being and I’ll actually try them out on the weekend - if TFTF need adds to stay afloat, I intend to click on them to make sure the pay rate is as high as possible, because those fees are keeping the game I enjoy afloat

Hope other players click through as much as possible too :)
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Trailfire wrote: »
    The ads are cool. Half of them actually look like fun games

I’ve been downloading and keeping most of the games for the time being and I’ll actually try them out on the weekend - if TFTF need adds to stay afloat, I intend to click on them to make sure the pay rate is as high as possible, because those fees are keeping the game I enjoy afloat

Hope other players click through as much as possible too :)

That's a good point, it's good way for people to support the game, especially for the f2p.
  • The loading screen issue is not fixed for me, bumped into it 3 times already, twice in arena (and lost the fight) once in daily mission (won the fight!)

Note that in that case, the game doesn't (seem to) react to network disconnection.

Android 7.1.1 on OnePlus 5T

Same for the force close issue, that happens at the beginning of a fight most of the time.
    Still occurs twice a day
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Maybe I’ll start clicking on ads when they bring back milestones to the arenas. ;)

I kid I kid. Okay maybe not. I wonder if they get paid for views and clicks, or just clicks...
  • Arcterus_PrimeArcterus_Prime Posts: 13
    edited January 2018
    Anyone else having chat bugs and issues sending messages after the most recent update? :/
  • Anyone else having chat bugs and issues sending messages after the most recent update? :/

Maybe you were chat banned?
    Is it enough to just view them, or do we have to install those advertised games so that Kabam can get revenue?