Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Chat Banning BS...

Dear Kabam...

I have to rant here. You folks permanently banned me from all chats in game for alliance recruiting in Global chat. I know you can't say why I was specifically banned however that is the reason I ever posted anything in global chat...Period.

With that being said I love how you ban active players in the game for trying to help build their alliance/s while at the same time you let nimrods like the joker in the image below spam the hell out of Global chat with what could be potentially threatening links/URLs.

s7rbrh1cs5i6.jpg

I have reported this person over 80 times now but they are still live and posting their crap in Global having a good'ol time while Kabam sits back and sticks it hard to the people who are actually playing the game and using the chat function in a manner of which it was designed. This is not the only fool that is legitimately spamming chat on a daily basis either but apparently it's only worth banning the true players of the game....Well done Kabam...Well done..

This is BS,

-X

Comments

• KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Yep no idea how I’ve been permanently chat banned while creeps, hackers, spammers and role players engulf global lol.

Simpletons rise and gentlemen get the boot.
  • XhibitAXhibitA Posts: 201
    edited January 2018
    There really should be a more thought out and fair process for chat banning. I get banning people for spamming or what have you that violates the TOS but permanently banning someone from chat for doing nothing like the dude in the image above is ridiculous.

Maybe a less harsh tier system:

One strike = banned for three days
    Two strikes = banned for two weeks
    Three strikes = banned for a month

Anything over the third strike is an automatic month ban.

To me, something like this seems more fair to the players as it offers them a chance at redemption. Even for the folks who are spamming the links and other crap, a month off would probably just annoy them enough to never log into that account again and while they will create a new one at least it offers a chance for the actual players to utilize the tool again.
  • Go get em, Boss! ✌
  • @KittenPrime ikr i got banned for nothing now im perm chat banned
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    @KittenPrime ikr i got banned for nothing now im perm chat banned

That’s nasty, any way we can get unchatbanned, @Kabam Miike
  • Hey Guys,

So, we're aware of the spammers and are working on getting them out of Global for good, but there's only so much that our system can catch before we have to update it, and we're always working on improving our filters to catch them.

Now, as for players that have been banned for doing "nothing", you appear to have been caught in a spam filter. There are lots of systems in place, and it seems that you got stuck in one of them. We're working with our team right now to improve this, so that innocent messages will not result in a permanent ban.

If you think there was a mistake made, please reach out to our Support Team. They can investigate this for you.

OP, we're looking into this for you already.
  • @Kabam Miike make sense i can live with that
  • @Kabam Miike so if you were perma chat banned, which I was not, you could maybe get unchatbanned because my friend got chat banned because he was trying to say a word, which I believe was “get” and now we can’t talk. And if they don’t have line or discord, than how can they talk to their allies or alliance? I am not mad I am just very curious
    Anyways that's my semi annual rant...

Thanks for chiming in @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Miike so if you were perma chat banned, which I was not, you could maybe get unchatbanned because my friend got chat banned because he was trying to say a word, which I believe was “get” and now we can’t talk. And if they don’t have line or discord, than how can they talk to their allies or alliance? I am not mad I am just very curious

Support will not reverse a chat ban based on what I've been told by them. Complete BS but hey, keep it classy Kabam!
  • @XhibitA Lol, there should be a limited time when chat banned
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    It would be great if there was a toggle that alliance leaders can activate to indicate they’re currently looking for recruits

So much of global chat is recruitment spamming, and while there are other chat rooms here and in the community, they don’t work very well and take a huge effort on behalf of officers

A toggle that was automatically set to off every 12hrs, but when turned on would place the alliance in the results for a generic alliance search (pictured) could help reduce a lot of spam and a lot of player fatigue / burnout (especially of officers who tend to be the most committed players). Just a thought, no idea how easy it would be to implement

1ytndvuvijom.png
    Trailfire wrote: »
    It would be great if there was a toggle that alliance leaders can activate to indicate they’re currently looking for recruits

So much of global chat is recruitment spamming, and while there are other chat rooms here and in the community, they don’t work very well and take a huge effort on behalf of officers

A toggle that was automatically set to off every 12hrs, but when turned on would place the alliance in the results for a generic alliance search (pictured) could help reduce a lot of spam and a lot of player fatigue / burnout (especially of officers who tend to be the most committed players). Just a thought, no idea how easy it would be to implement

1ytndvuvijom.png

It's not a bad idea at all. Pretty clever.
    @XhibitA Lol, there should be a limited time when chat banned

I absolutely agree.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Wait the spammers are not made by kabam!?
    And that spam thing must be how I got banned!
  • Im with @XhibitA my brother was banned for either stoping someone from bullying someone else or mabye saying something to a spammer
    Thaaaatts meeeee!
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Is Kabam Support helpful at all?
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Is Kabam Support helpful at all?

I'm gonna quote g1 Soundwave for a minute "All talk no shock"
  • @XhibitA I am willing to bet I know why u got banned. I use to be a part of your subsidy alliance before u decided we needed to go our separate ways. Because of that I know I are the leader of The Dark brotherhood, so u try to recruit alot. Willing to bet the system noticed ur recruiter attempt saw all of them and though u were spamming for some Bs reasons
    Storysmith wrote: »
    @XhibitA I am willing to bet I know why u got banned. I use to be a part of your subsidy alliance before u decided we needed to go our separate ways. Because of that I know I are the leader of The Dark brotherhood, so u try to recruit alot. Willing to bet the system noticed ur recruiter attempt saw all of them and though u were spamming for some Bs reasons

That is exactly why I was banned however Kabam will neither confirm nor deny this.
    I have been banned for a week and I miss my friends!!!! I wanna see kommander again! I HATE KABAM!!!
This discussion has been closed.