Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Ultra Magnus needs a buff for his signature ability

I don’t know what his signature ability even does, the only point in duplicating him is to upgrade his stats but his signature has absolutely no effect from what I can see. Am I doing something wrong? As it stands, he is the worst tactician in the game and quite possibly the worst bit in the game. Kabam, if you are reading this, follow the words of President **** and, “Make Ultra Magnus viable again!”

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited January 2018
    The worst tactician in the game (for player use) is Bumblebee. While bumblebee is a great defender, he is lacklustre on offense.

UM shines when you run a full Autobot team. Not Maximals, not Decepticons.. just autobots. He gets a significant buff to his base atk and/or resistance on the right team.

The only annoying part is that you never really get the entire Sig to work in any game mode. You only get parts of it depending what mode you're in.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    edited January 2018
    I use Ultra Magnus on my raid team, and he's a versatile tank who can cover pretty much anyone that the other two struggle with. With his Nullify now working as shown, he's an absolute monster versus those ubiquitous Motormasters and he counters the popular courage mastery entirely. Yeah, wish he had maybe a minor burn chance on his heavies or something, but really he's much more useful to me than Dinobot or even Starscream considering how squishy Scream is.
    Remember, UMs signature ability is passive, so you'll never see a buff icon appear. He just gets the boost based on the composition of your team and/or opponent
  • Best squad to run with Magnus?
  • @Manthro, I complete disagree when you say bee is the worst tac. For one, there isn’t a 4* version to make an accurate comparison and, knowing kabam, he probably never will not be available in this generation. Once you stack up his mele buffs he is a beast, combine that with His sp2 (shock damage), game over. UM is for sure the bottom two, he relies too heavily on his synergies to make him more effective whereas bee is fine without synergies. UM nullify is ok but that’s about it. His burn is a joke and he doesn’t too much damage. Bottom line, I’d take bee over UM any day of the week.

It’s between UM and Dinobot, take your pick for the bottom.
    edited January 2018
    @Black_Thought here is my reasoning for why tactician Bee sucks:

Bee is the only tactician without armor break. This alone is why I rank him the worst. All the melee buffs in the world won't get him past stacked armor.

He is basically a scout with advantage over brawler class. He's terribad for offense, considering his skillset. What can he possibly do to Optimus Primal with his skills? Absolutely nothing. Grindor laughs at Bee as well.

Even without him being available as a 4*, I can already tell he is no bueno at high level play, except as an irritating defender when his Sig is increased.

We shall agree to disagree, I suppose.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Wow where to begin. Seeing as I may be the only person running r4 Magnus forge 100 I’ll jump in here. He is much better than people think. His sig does not rely on autobots. Just says team though I run all autobots. It is true the part about fallen enemies does not work but the main part about teammates work.

Now he gets 18% attack in AM and 36% attack in story when all are alive. It’s passive so you can’t see it but who else gets that type of flat bonus all the time? Most sigs need activating. If teammates are dead he gets resistance. I can show you a vid where he takes 3 s3s from grimlock on expert and still easily beat him with full resistance stacks. He doesn’t hit like OP because he can far outlast him. If facing multiple armor stacks his s2 can our damage OP more consistently unless OP lands all breaks. His s3 burn also lasts longer than most so overall it does good damage. Worst part is that his specials lack against non armored enemies.

His party synergy with Prowl is also one of the best stat boosts in game.
    Manthro wrote: »
    @Black_Thought here is my reasoning for why tactician Bee sucks:

Bee is the only tactician without armor break. This alone is why I rank him the worst. All the melee buffs in the world won't get him past stacked armor.

He is basically a scout with advantage over brawler class. He's terribad for offense, considering his skillset. What can he possibly do to Optimus Primal with his skills? Absolutely nothing. Grindor laughs at Bee as well.

Even without him being available as a 4*, I can already tell he is no bueno at high level play, except as an irritating defender when his Sig is increased.

We shall agree to disagree, I suppose.

Bees shock damage is amplified against armor and can do good damage but clearly will never be able to compare without a 4.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    The only thing that bothers me using Tact Bee is his unpredictable evade when I'm blocking and planning my counterattack. On the contrary, G1 Bee has an Evade which can be activate on purpose and used once, not to mention G1 Bee has such a high evade rate that you can almost anticipate it and dash back to counter.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    his signature is bugged.. till now it isn't fix .. go watch inightskies latest video on youtube.

and Kabam refuses to change it when they know they can't fix it.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Best squad to run with Magnus?
    A good Maggie build would be Prowl and Arcee, both great for solo and raids, if you want more armor, swap out Arcee for grim, in solo missions put in grim and Galvatron, then your Magnus can shine.
    edited January 2018
    Davien wrote: »
    his signature is bugged.. till now it isn't fix .. go watch inightskies latest video on youtube.

and Kabam refuses to change it when they know they can't fix it.

I just listened to his video and he doesn't know what he is talking about. It's not broken. Kabam has clarified several times that the "opponent" half of his sig only works in arena (which is dumb for sure). If the fallen opponent part worked in all modes he'd really be broken. As I said above he doesn't even need that part of the sig. Seriously look at 18% and 36% increase in attack, again who else has this type of flat stat buff.

UM is a part of my AM and main story team so forgive me if I say I probably know a bit better than he does in his video. I have tested the "teammate" part of his sig and it indeed adds 36% to his attack when you have a full five man squad.

Fighting against armored enemies or those with melee buffs UM is one of the best bots. Also, blocking, UM can negate a lot of damage between nullify and stacking melee resistance.

Seriously though people need to think outside the box and stop listening to guys that post what are the best bots when he says flat out I only use XXX bot in arena.

@Kabam Miike as you roll out any balancing consider adding back in a chance for UM to break armor based on resistance stacks and or tweaking s1...

1. Example as 5% for each stack of resistance + an additional 50% against enemies with armor... that would give him a chance against non-armor enemies and guarantee the armor break against armor buff as-is

2. S1 - I practically never use this as S2 is superior. Make s1 a chance to burn along with armor break and can remove armor penetration. S2 is absolutely superior for armor penetration and is all someone should use against multiple stacks of armor. Can leave s3 alone but updating s1 can give him utility.
    @kranders I checked my duped 3* and at sig15 it's +9% attack for every alive teammate, that's 18% on AM/Arena and 36% on missions. I dunno your sig level, should be 15 as well? Does the percentage go up with sig and what will be at sig100?
    @KillMasterC as his sig goes up the % of resistance on his sig goes up... sadly the attack % stays at 9% or he would probably get crazy. I'm only at sig 5 on 4* and I forged my 3* but at sig 5 the resistance is 5.7%.

I've also used this to my advantage on spotlight expert... having 14 stacks of melee resistance against the final boss can help quite a bit.

In almost all circumstances I agree that being a ninja and not getting hit is ideal which is why OP is so great however a lot of people don't get how long you can last with UM. At low levels blocking is difficult but as you rank and forge you can survive a lot by blocking and still do well especially as his stacks go up. On very difficult fights, like Grim on expert, I start by blocking quickly getting my 10+ stacks and it's pretty easy, survived 3 s3s and still finished with about 25% health. A lot of people don't block to get the stacks up first just getting hit normal and, of course, you still take a good amount of damage until you get his full stack.
    edited January 2018
    Ugh, they should have put that 9% on white font, orange looks like it can increase.
    Like Armor, how Resistance works has not been explained so I didn't notice a difference between 10 stacks and 0. You know when fighting UM we can just fight normally and never look at his switching numbers.
    edited January 2018
    Resistance functions pretty much the same as armor, except that you can't armor break it, or pierce it. It will mitigate either physical attacks or energy based attacks depending on what resistance you have.

Armor break and pierce will only affect the base armor of a resistance bot, and the resistance will still prevent X% of the damage coming through.