Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Battery won't charge when playing.

I have a Sony xperia xa1 and I have the game installed to my internal storage and whenever I plug in my phone to charge whilst the game is running it doesn't charge in fact my battery level decreases even though it's plugged in.

Side note love the game graphics are amazing and the sound of swords on the autobots incredible 5 star game <3

Comments

• Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    That seems to be more of a device problem.
  • Hey there @djeire84 -

I'm glad to hear you love the game! :)

Unfortunately, as @Nick_80 said, this sounds like a device issue. Have you noticed this at all being a problem with other apps or exclusively with Forged to Fight?
  • No because I have contest of champions your other game and the battery charges no problem. This game is the only one that doesn't allow the phone to charge.
  • Sometimes my iPad won’t charge, but that’s just because the power connection is fussy sometimes. It’s most noticeable with F2F, though, because the game drains a LOT of battery power.

I’m not saying this is your issue, @djeire84, I’m only mentioning it as a possibility worth checking out.
  • djeire84 wrote: »
    I have a Sony xperia xa1 and I have the game installed to my internal storage and whenever I plug in my phone to charge whilst the game is running it doesn't charge in fact my battery level decreases even though it's plugged in.

Side note love the game graphics are amazing and the sound of swords on the autobots incredible 5 star game <3

my phone tend to running low on battery when I'm playin' even when it's connected.
    My idea was that the game requires so many resources from phone that it consumes the battery faster than it charges.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    yeah, i play on iphone 7+ and it charges verrrry slowly when playing. Charges with mcoc no problem so the issue is just that the game is consuming battery power quicker than your phone is charging
  • Seems like a bit of an awkward issue to have especially since all other games are OK bar this one maybe there should be an update to release some resources as Contest of Champions is almost identical and works fine. Loving the game but not so much when battery is below 50%.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    djeire84 wrote: »
    Seems like a bit of an awkward issue to have especially since all other games are OK bar this one maybe there should be an update to release some resources as Contest of Champions is almost identical and works fine. Loving the game but not so much when battery is below 50%.

2d and 3d are not anywhere near identical in resource usage. Also phones like iPhones if hot shut down charging and other items that could cause heat. Not sure on androids but I’m sure many do.
    But yes this game is battery hog
  • Mustangjon wrote: »
    djeire84 wrote: »
    Seems like a bit of an awkward issue to have especially since all other games are OK bar this one maybe there should be an update to release some resources as Contest of Champions is almost identical and works fine. Loving the game but not so much when battery is below 50%.

2d and 3d are not anywhere near identical in resource usage. Also phones like iPhones if hot shut down charging and other items that could cause heat. Not sure on androids but I’m sure many do.
    But yes this game is battery hog

Suppose rule of thumb make sure I have at least 70% battery to play such a awkward issue plus I don't want to be overcharging my battery for one game its silly like. I wish to preserve my battery health rather then burning it out. I don't even have the phone a year. I play need for speed no limits and that is a much bigger game and it works great off and on charge. I can play need for speed no limits from 2% battery plug it in and it quick charges just like all my other games.

dont plug and play. they can
    1. damage battery /charge
    2. stress your motherboard.
    3. over heating device case wrong fnctioning.
    4. worst case blast in battery . so stay aware dont charge and play unless its an Ipad or tab.
    5. stay safe play after you charge it.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    This game consumes obscene amounts of battery, easily lose 20% in 20 minutes, spoke to apple, they tested my battery and it was fine, still healthy, not needing replacement, so it's just the game.

dont plug and play. they can
    1. damage battery /charge
    2. stress your motherboard.
    3. over heating device case wrong fnctioning.
    4. worst case blast in battery . so stay aware dont charge and play unless its an Ipad or tab.
    5. stay safe play after you charge it.

I know all those things it's just annoying that this is the only game I can't charge my phone with. All other games charge fine and once I hit 100% charge I plug it out. I have never worn out batteries in my phones I have an old Lumia 640XL and it hold its charge all day as I have never over charged it. Thanks for the advice though. Éire ☺️