Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Upgrade from stash is almost useless

TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
If there is room in your Inventory, you can now use your stashed Ore-13 directly from your Upgrade Screen

The whole point of wanting to use stashed ore is because I have no room in my inventory.

If I have 600 ore in stash, I want to be able to use them all in one go, this current implementation of just replacing the empty inventory space is needlessly cumbersome and tedious.

I thought being able to use all the ore at once was the point of adding this feature.

All this does is fill empty inventory spots. Yeah, it saves me some taps, but still restricts me through having to use the very limited inventory space and I can't pick and choose or see how many I have total I just have to blindly use ore, so it's not that great a QoL improvement. I'd rather see my stash and know exactly what I have to work with.

How about just doubling or tripling the inventory space for ore or removing the limit entirely.

Comments

• KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    How about act3.4??
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    edited January 2018
    how about you both stop whining? We got ads that give you free energon ffs and now we get a t3c crystal for the price of a grimlocks pack. Surely that's enough?!
  • How about act3.4??

I’m more interested in ACT 4
  • TechnosTechnos Posts: 29
    It's not the improvement you liked to see apparently but it's still an improvement.
    Why complaining for something implemented what's still an improvement.
    Don't use it and just do it the "old" way. Perhaps it makes your life happy again
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    I thought it was nice addition. Saves some steps.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I found it OK, just get some swap slots and we're good. The other permanent slots should be saved for 3000+ class ores. Any ores below that level should be used or sold.
  • Kinda have to agree with the OP. The whole ore system is really a sloppy mess.
    I’d like to see side by side columns for class with toggles for ascending/descending and expiration/size. Once ore is selected three options to use, sell, or move to inventory. Pretty simple and players can tweak the organization of how they view themselves
  • And yeah, I put all the refrigerator items in the same bag at the grocery
  • I think it’s much better than MCOC. The “smartselect” feature saves time, and now the auto-sort plus auto-pull of class ORE from the stash is helpful. Previously, you’d have to go to your stash to see if you had a particular class left over, so several steps have been saved, IMO
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    It sounds like what you are asking for is for them to get rid of the restrictive nature of the inventory, but it is clearly intentionally that way.

The change was just meant to save you from going back and forth between screens as much, not give you more inventory space.
  • I dunte have any issue with it. At all. Seriously makes MCuck archaic.
  • Noob question, but what happens if u get more ore when your stash is maxed out?
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited January 2018
    I don't believe stash has a maximum, everything has countdown timers so it's on a rolling 14 day cycle anyway. I've had my stash over 1000 a few times.
  • Thanks!
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    I wish we could sell ore in the stash too. If your ore capacity is reached, you'll have to sell ore to get more space, so you can get more ore from the stash... to sell them again. It's long and stupid, please consider doing this instead of letting us use stashed ore
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    I think it’s much better than MCOC. The “smartselect” feature saves time, and now the auto-sort plus auto-pull of class ORE from the stash is helpful. Previously, you’d have to go to your stash to see if you had a particular class left over, so several steps have been saved, IMO

Smart select is dumb, and it’s so easy to program logic to do it right.

Sometimes if you have more than enough ore to get max level, it won’t smart-select because it needs a super big piece, which it won’t select. So you have to manually select that one, use it, and then try again.

Also on occasion it will use up more ore than needed because like 90 ore overflow is acceptable but a 75 piece that was selected can be unselected and get the same result.

Not using smart select at all for me is faster than using and correcting for it.

As for the actual topic. The implementation is at least smart enough to filter on class ore. Far from ideal like actually letting you use all ore from upgrade screen, but better than nothing (unlike smart select)
  • Smart select is a time saver, as long as you’re aware of its limitations (or don’t care about having some sub optimal selections). I’d rather one tap and some corrections than 400+ taps.