Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

More gold please

I don't like to write long posts, but this gold issue has been seriously frustrating me. Let me share what I currently do to get gold, what I need gold for, and my suggestions for how we can get more gold. Most importantly, why more gold is good for the game and the players.

What I do to get gold:
- I use up all my story energy, constantly asking for help and running those 6hrly ads, to grind for gold and ore (I have already completed all available SMs and use my energy for all daily missions and rerun old missions); only time when my energy builds up to max 65 is when I'm sleeping, otherwise i'm usually auto-running something in the background
- I send for all arena chips, gold and ore away missions. I don't bother to do the raid chips away missions because gold is more precious and who needs more raid chips?
- I raid enough to clear out the raid store daily of everything (daily item, ores, basic and alpha sparks) except the superconductor. I already have superconductor duped but not even leveled once because no gold and it's a completely useless mod anyway. I build the excess resources (ore and sparks) so I can sell them to get gold if they are expiring and I can't use them.
- Alliance missions - my alliance runs AM at a comparatively high level to get as much gold rewards as we can, typically high enough to get rank 5-7
- I autorun arena streak 1-7, if I have time, I will play streak 8-15, then continue to autorun with my top 9 bots (if i'm lazy, will get about 200K, if I remember to play a bit more, I get 800K; but I'm not the sort who would actively push it beyond 1 mil)

What I need gold for:
- R5 my Windblade or Prowl (I have the required sparks but no gold)
- R3 9 of my 4* bots that are still R2 (these bots have been benched because no gold to build them, have the sparks)
- R4 18 of my 3* bots to continue forging my main 5 bots that I use
- Countless 2* bots to max level to add as forge food
- Upgrade 2 4* mods that I have (Robot Resource and Strange Refractor, decent mods that I would like to upgrade, but no gold; for the record I have 4 T1 Offense Sparks, 8 T1 Defense Sparks, more than 12 T1 Utility Sparks (sold 2 for gold), and 16 Tier 1 Mod Class Spark Crystals)
- Upgrade 8 3* mods that I have, some of them to forge into the 4* mods if I have the gold (right now, I have completely NOT upgraded any mods for MONTHS now, simply because I don't even have enough gold for my bots)
- Upgrade 2* mods to max level to forge into 4* mods (right now I just throw them into their 3* or 4* counterparts without levelling up)
- I constantly have over 1000+ excess ore in stash and up to 100+ sparks in stash which I sell when they are expiring and I can't use them up because no gold

Suggestions to avail more gold to players:
- Arena chips and arena milestones
- Better returns on away missions
- Gold crystals as daily item in raid store
- Higher gold payout for re-running missions
- Higher gold for forging bots
- Gold for watching ads

Lastly, why adding more gold is beneficial to the game:
- As an alliance leader, more and more players in top alliances have been leaving the game, and thus the pool of players with the skill and bot roster to compete at that level has been shrinking consistently. As a result, a number of alliances have either disbanded or merged with another alliance, resulting in a top core that gets higher and higher away from the rest. If gold is more readily available to all players, medium tier players can build their top 3 bots faster and play AM at a higher level. Top tier players will just be building their excess bots and mods but doesn't affect AM in that you can only bring 3 bots anyway.
- As a player, the grind is really frustrating. As shared above, I'm already doing as much as I can out of the game to get gold, and yet I still have such a severe shortage of gold. I am nowhere near a fully maxed forged 4* bot yet. To grind so much and still have so little to show for it, makes me wonder why even bother? It's such a time consuming game. I love the 3D fights but the grind is just not worth it. Hope this game will value its players' time more. I certainly value my time more and I am this close to just walking away.
Tagged:

Comments

• ZukoZuko Posts: 29
    I agree with that statement, It feels like its a chore to gain bare minimum gold to be blasted away on upgrading your bots and mods, there needs to be more ways to earn free gold rather then spend rare energon on gold crystals and the rewards from the arena chip gold prizes need to be bumped up alot
  • VouterVouter Posts: 25
    at least give us a relics that increase gold in story/spotlight etc like 10/20/50% more...not much but at least provided more gold, and increase the ores value if we want to sell for gold.
    Cut arena gold start prices and cut Away mission costs
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited January 2018
    There have been so many suggestions to deal with gold shortage since I don't remember when. Kabam needs to at least give a response to let us know if you are considering any of them. Now that even Ultra Magnus can receive a boost, I'm getting my hopes up for gold ... or should I?
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    T2 class sparks. The devil itself.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Best way is to increase the gold received for selling other resources

There will ALWAYS be a resource we have the least of, and it will always be frustrating. But if we can swap our abilundant resources for a fair amount of the scarce resources it becomes waaaaay less annoying

If we could sell ore for gold at 1:1 instead of 2:1, and if items sold for about x5-10 as much as they do now, gold wouldn’t be the annoyance it is, but we wouldn’t be swapping one limit for another one, which is what would happen if we just got more gold directly
  • xxerexxxxerexx Posts: 96
    I'm a bit perplexed that kabam doesn't let the gold rain down. Players having more than enough gold would likely increase their profits from offers. Why buy t2a or t3b, etc if you know you'll have to wait "forever" to get enough gold to use and fully level your bot.

Having a carrot tends to make players more receptive to using cash so there are benefits to both sides.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    @Kabam Vydious you previously asked for more input on the gold issue on an old thread... any comments here?? Extremely short on gold to build our rosters to “dig deep”...
  • Hey everyone -

Dropping by to let you know we appreciate the feedback on this. I totally get how frustrating it can be to be low on a resource. However, as @Trailfire mentioned, you'll find yourself low on a resource that you need more times than not. That said, it doesn't mean we aren't listening and looking at ways to improve the collection of these resources.

We'll definitely bring up the request for more gold avenues so the rest of the team can hear of your feedback.
    Hey everyone -

Dropping by to let you know we appreciate the feedback on this. I totally get how frustrating it can be to be low on a resource. However, as @Trailfire mentioned, you'll find yourself low on a resource that you need more times than not. That said, it doesn't mean we aren't listening and looking at ways to improve the collection of these resources.

We'll definitely bring up the request for more gold avenues so the rest of the team can hear of your feedback.

You’re a shark!

• You’re a shark!

Correct. However, that isn't the topic here. ;)

You’re a shark!

Correct. However, that isn't the topic here. ;)

Aight lemme make a thread

More on topic, gold is ok for me it’s ore which is the problem but you will always be in need of either on wether it’s gold or ore. I don’t think more gold is the answer but a balance so we never have to complain
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Five great suggestions. On #1, I find it interesting that the arena is one place you don’t earn arena chips.
    awesome @Lost Frontier!
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    More on topic, gold is ok for me it’s ore which is the problem but you will always be in need of either on wether it’s gold or ore. I don’t think more gold is the answer but a balance so we never have to complain

Have you started forging your bots? That takes an insane amount of gold.

I have over 1000 pieces of ore and countless bot crystals to open (well 70k pbc shards, 2 4* bot crystals, 1 3* bot crystal, 10 bot crystals from somewhere) that I don’t dare to open because expiring ore and no gold to use them. I sell sparks for gold too.

The gold crystals in raid store were great. I bought all 5 of them when raid store refreshed. Can we please have them available in greater quantities on a permanent basis?

Another possible solution - remove the 3500 cap on gold from alliance help. The more active everyone is, the more gold for everyone. Helps alliances stay active even on completely dead arena days like mod arena.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited January 2018
    Hey everyone -

You're both right, and wrong I'm afraid. Yes, there will always be SOMETHING that we have the least of, but let's consider.

If you're short of ore then you can run story missions and raid for it (admittedly raiding isn't a fast way).

If you're short on sparks then you can raid or you can run dailies (the lack of certain dailies and poor payouts are separate problems).

If you're short on gold (which you need to use BOTH ore AND sparks) you can....what? Sell half of what you grind for to afford to use the other half?

You talk of looking for solutions as if it's a hard thing... So let me offer a few.

#1 BRING ARENA CHIPS BACK TO ARENA

#2 Allow us to trade raid chips for gold. Currently away missions have a 5 to 8 gold to chip ratio. So how about a 2 to 1 chip to gold ratio in the raid store?

#3 Fix the sale prices. Currently I need to grind 3 ore so I can sell 2 and use one. That's obnoxious.

#4 Increase what a 4* bot generates on base defense by a factor of four. This will also solve the problem of the high level players with 2k raid defense by making it cost them heavily in gold production.

#5 (my personal favorite) Once you cap out you stop gaining experience. How about take that lost experience and give it to us in extra gold!

the reason why Kabam remove arena chips is due to the likelihood of energon being in them..

one way to fix this is let players earn gold crystal shards via Arena. since those crystals only award GOLD and nothing else it's safe for them to reward the players this way?