Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

IronHide's special two needs a nerf

I am well aware that it can be dodged, but so can most of the specials. However, that thing is so OP that it makes all other special 2s seem like a light pinch. It is so long, so damaging, something about it needs to be cut short. With it's length, it is just so many chances to screw up, and you more than likely will on the last hit, which is obscenely powerful. I have tried to hold off on 'complaining' but that thing is just too much.

Otherwise, I think IH is a very well balanced and fun character to play.

Comments

• tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    Without his L2 Ironhide would be pretty standard and everyone would cry. In a few weeks everyone will have evading his special down, or just block thru it and it will be a thing of the past.

Just not sure why you're calling for a nerf here. Most people enjoy champs that are fun to play and do a lot of damage.
  • Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    Just block his SP2. And always use a class advantage character. Rhinox has his sig and Mirage has his electro disruptor.
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    His sp2 is what makes him and only does insane damage if the signature ability activates he needs nothing close to a special nerf. He is a demo bot and their key role is hard hitting special attacks. To counter the high damage it is one of the easiest in the game to avoid just 5 simple side steps
  • SkubSkub Posts: 28
    2* ironhide's second special does more damage than 4* mirage's level three special.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited April 2017
    A 2* that is max rank isn't far behind a 4* bot that can't be ranked and l3 always do less damage than counterparts, and two totally different classes this comparison makes no sense.

4* are garbage right now
  • ToughnutToughnut Posts: 201
    Demolition bots are "known" for there Boost to special attacks. Therefore Ironhide's SP2 is insane. I think it's perfect that way it is.
    Skub wrote: »
    2* ironhide's second special does more damage than 4* mirage's level three special.

Is it your 4-Star Mirage maxed out? Rank 5? Forge Level 100?
    Or is he at a decent level and rank at least?

Seriously, what a stupid comparison. If you have a base 4-Star and a maxed 2-Star, the maxed 2-Star will still outclass the 4-Star one. Even if it isn't Ironhide.
  • SkubSkub Posts: 28
    Skub wrote: »

Is it your 4-Star Mirage maxed out? Rank 5? Forge Level 100?
    Or is he at a decent level and rank at least?

Stronger than the ironhide at least. I kind of thought that was implied by comparing them, hence picking something so hyperbolic. Given how powerful ironhide is it's probably a better investment to just do a story mission and pump ore into him because it takes way less to power him up than it ever will to get that mirage up to the same level.
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    What about mirages l2...
  • RaudirRaudir Posts: 5
    edited April 2017
    Mixmaster compared to ironhide is like you vs the guy she tells you not to worry about. lol that 70% chance to burn on sp2 is a sham. So much for the demolition class
    Amano wrote: »
    His sp2 is what makes him and only does insane damage if the signature ability activates he needs nothing close to a special nerf. He is a demo bot and their key role is hard hitting special attacks.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I've noticed that CPU Ironhide can wreck everyone except Mirage, who can literally tank his S2 with his Shield. I think the balance in the game is great with three small nitpicks. Mixmaster hits like a wet paper towel, Arcee can't gain much power, and AI Bumblebee has triple the Evade chance of human Bumblebee. Not game breakers, just my opinion.
    CandKane wrote: »
    I've noticed that CPU Ironhide can wreck everyone except Mirage, who can literally tank his S2 with his Shield. I think the balance in the game is great with three small nitpicks. Mixmaster hits like a wet paper towel, Arcee can't gain much power, and AI Bumblebee has triple the Evade chance of human Bumblebee. Not game breakers, just my opinion.

That's why you should always pick class advantage characters. Mirage has his shield and Rhinox has his signature. I believe somebody on YT uploaded a video of his 2-Star Rhinox taking almost no damage against Ironhide's SP3 with his sig on.

• TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Raudir wrote: »
    Mixmaster compared to ironhide is like you vs the guy she tells you not to worry about. lol that 70% chance to burn on sp2 is a sham. So much for the demolition class
    Amano wrote: »
    His sp2 is what makes him and only does insane damage if the signature ability activates he needs nothing close to a special nerf. He is a demo bot and their key role is hard hitting special attacks.

Exactly, Mixmaster. Two different worlds.
  • Be carefull what u ask for..... we hv already lost few awesome bots to these nerfs
  • HydroclawHydroclaw Posts: 66
    Ironhide l2 is easy to block or sidestep, so that makes up for it being strong.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    pk2xxzjejx87.png
    From another post a while back
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    You do realize that ironhides sp2 is strong because of his Sig ability, NOT because of the move itself. Read his Sig ability guys. 2nd, any tech bot with shields will easily mitigate/limit that damage

And no, he does not need a nerf. All of his specials are easily dodged or blocked, he telegraphs them.

I'm surprised no one complains about prowl.. his abilities are BY FAR more troublesome than Ironhide will ever be. Sp1 keeps your power meter down, and his sp2 does way more damage than Ironhide, and happens so fast you have almost no opportunity to dodge.. blocking it still makes you take huge damage.

Manthro wrote: »
    You do realize that ironhides sp2 is strong because of his Sig ability, NOT because of the move itself. Read his Sig ability guys. 2nd, any tech bot with shields will easily mitigate/limit that damage

And no, he does not need a nerf. All of his specials are easily dodged or blocked, he telegraphs them.

I'm surprised no one complains about prowl.. his abilities are BY FAR more troublesome than Ironhide will ever be. Sp1 keeps your power meter down, and his sp2 does way more damage than Ironhide, and happens so fast you have almost no opportunity to dodge.. blocking it still makes you take huge damage.

I have also complained about Prowl's SP2 once and almost everyone on the forums practically said that I was a noob and requesting the special range to be nerfed was stupid.

Now seriously, Prowl SP2 it's almost fullscreen and he's suppossed to shoot a shotgun during his SP2. When did you see a shotgun with so much range? It makes no sense at all, literally.
  • Ironhide's sp2 is so satisfying and easy to dodge because all you do is swipe up or down until he stops shooting.
  • FilvasFilvas Posts: 9
    As a mediocre player I don't think IH needs a nerf, I can deal with him as long as he isn't far strong than my bot or 25+ arena streaks. The only time it is troublesome is when someone have him with the "power changer mod" (can't remember the name), he does his SP2 like he has diarrhea with it...
  • EzekilijahEzekilijah Posts: 13
    Manthro wrote: »

See, I find Prowl much easier to dodge around. It might just be me learning to deal with it, and with IH, i might just have to adopt an almost constant block stance. And I can't always pick a tech bot, since in arenas you don't always have your ideal bots going in and ideal match.
    Anyone, I appreciate you guys being very civil about this, and not just resorting to, "L2P nooooob!!!!!"
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    I find prowl WAY harder than IH. In fact I don't think I've ever evaded it. It seems to go across the entire screen and two dashes left or right isn't sufficient. I don't get how you even evade the bloody thing. For now I just bait his s1
  • HydroclawHydroclaw Posts: 66
    Just watch what ironside does before his l2 next time. It gives you ample time to get into a block stance or begin to side step.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    slide your fingers downwards 4 times when u see him casting his 2* skill (usually the whole screens blackens a bit when this happens.. (or when u notice his 2* bar is full keep sliding on and off to prepare)... zero damage that way. Easy for a human player to counter his attack. Practice this much and his 2* skill will mean nothing to u. It's slow to cast so u have ample time to avoid.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    ^slide downwards - sidestep

siding backwards is not recommended as it's harder to avoid. only do so when you're too near to him for comfort.. Always start far away (if possible) and keep sidestep till he casts it. AI will cast 2* skill when its full and you're not getting hit by him/her. Thus do this the very moment Ironhide's 2* skill bar is full.. DONT ATTACK as it will likely charge him up to full 3* bar which is even a bigger nightmare for an awaken Ironhide that can deal an unavoidable high crit damage. Same applies with other AI bots.. the moment 2* better sidestep/step backwards till they trigger their 2*.. so at least u have a chance of avoiding them.

If somehow the enemy keeps shooting range / heavy attack at u and all of them hit and charges their skill up to 3*.. pray hard they dont trigger it instantly... go full charge forward and keep attacking to distract them / cast all your skills/ throw everything at them when that happens. Hopefully u get to kill the opponent before it kills u.
  • CiscoBeastCiscoBeast Posts: 2
    Hes a demolition bot. His specials are supposed to be strong. Plus its super easy to dodge