Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Are we ever getting old Arenas back?

@Kabam Miike, I remember about in that "huge Update" announced when you decided to swap the old Bot Arenas into Bounty Arenas, and it actually worked well, because the game is still in development when it comes to "growth" compared to MCOC. But let's just stop and think: can't we have both? I know it's too early to have multiple Arenas, like in MCOC, but maybe in a future update that would be good for some players. One of the things I more miss in those are Milestone Rewards. Going to Ranks is too hard for players who don't constantly play Arenas.

Comments

• iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    Yup, removing milestones and arena chips was a huge misstep.
  • I'm curious how Kabam sees arena. What role(s) does it fulfill across the spectrum of players
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    larrious wrote: »
    I'm curious how Kabam sees arena. What role(s) does it fulfill across the spectrum of players

They don’t see arena
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I'm curious how Kabam sees arena. What role(s) does it fulfill across the spectrum of players

It weeds out the weak minded people. The ones who don't want to endlessly battle without respectable rewards. Oh wait, or was that the AS crystal?

Anyways, I am curious if Kabam has stats on if there is more participation now or before when we had milestones on all arenas.
  • Probably, we will eventually get Milestones back. Maybe Bot Arenas too. The game is new, and has only one and a half year since launch. Probably, if we get those back, it'll happen aside of an Update that grants us multiple Arenas, and 5-Stars may also come soon. Around 2019 start we may get all of this, if the game "grows enough".
  • Hey gang -

At the moment we don't have plans to drop, but we are always taking feedback on this. We're always looking to try and better different aspects of the game so I'll make sure this is all shared with the rest of the team. If you have any other constructive feedback on arenas just let us know and it'll be shared as well.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited February 2018

Arena is where you can play each and every bot regardless of their current mission. It exists in many games alike. Game companies gather comprehensive data about overall bot performance and make decision which bots need nerfing and which bots need ninja nerfing, etc.
  • larrious wrote: »

Arena is where you can play each and every bot regardless of their current mission. It exists in many games alike. Game companies gather comprehensive data about overall bot performance and make decision which bots need nerfing and which bots need ninja nerfing, etc.

Interesting. Game balance is important.

Yet perhaps of the work I do, I suspect they're using it more to keep very regular (and to a certain extent, top) players occupied. To give players an outlet to feel like...if they work hard, they'll get better. I mean AM comes around every 3 days, what does an addicted gamer do with all that excessive time on our hands? How about giving them a somewhat bottomless pit with a separate cooldown i.e an arena.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Just because the bracket is unfriendly and the amount is meh doesn't mean good reward is not found in Arena. It's OK to balance out resources and rewards across different modes to prevent players sticking to one.
  • Hey gang -

At the moment we don't have plans to drop, but we are always taking feedback on this. We're always looking to try and better different aspects of the game so I'll make sure this is all shared with the rest of the team. If you have any other constructive feedback on arenas just let us know and it'll be shared as well.

Problem is getting more players to jump into arena and milestones help give that little push new players need to invest time in playing it.

How you go about getting more people to play without milestones is the million dollar question. I know it's a fine line that needs to be walked between giving incentives and giving to much away. I don't have an answer but something needs to change.
  • Predacon_OrderPredacon_Order Posts: 257
    edited February 2018
    Hey gang -

Thanks, @Kabam Vydious, I just hope we get a better way for low-ranked players to get rewards (even though low rewards) in Arenas. Milestones are just easier way because we can get the rewards right away instead of waiting few more hours to be ranked. Besides, this way we don't have to be worried with ranking over other players, because Milestones are individual.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited February 2018
    There were some good revamped milestone outlines by players, including myself, in this thread here:

Https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/comment/23199#Comment_23199

In addition, I think bringing 3* arena back for newbies would go a long way in helping them develop their accounts. The key is that there needs to be a way to exclude veteran players from also joining those arenas and hogging the rewards.

Perhaps setting it up so that any account with 3 4* bots is denied access to the rookie arena.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    ^^look, good feedback.
    I'd like to see a mod answer as to why we've begged and pleaded to have some put back and are ignored
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    Hey gang -

The recent shark arenas seemed like a perfect compromise. The milestones weren't amazing but the instant crystals and some energon was nice. Have the milestones be the same as those. If you don't want to flood arena crystals into the game and keep them as rank rewards then make each milestone 1 gold crystal and 5 energon
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    If we can’t have milestones, why not add a daily arena alliance event like the daily class use AE? Each tier can have an amount of arena chips for a reward along with ore or gold or crystal shards.
    I understand why they took out the current Milestones but with NO milestones it's like running a race and not knowing where the finish line is...the progress seems soooo boring. Milestones break it up and let you work towards the next goal, even if it's a small one. I really liked the sharks event and how it was structured and I ended up with a duped tech 4* and lots of forge fodder for my big boys.
  • dtorreskaterdtorreskater Posts: 118
    edited February 2018
    The arenas are such a disappointment now. We all want milestones and yet nothing is done. For instance... Alpha Bounty arena that just finished, pulled in close to 700k points, now I wasn't looking for 1-2% or for that matter even 3-4%, I thought I did enough to put me into the 5-7% bracket.....nope. 8-12%. I ranked 320 for my region (US east coast) so that means roughly 1000-1500 people actually played at least one round to claim the ticket for this arena!!!!! If at least there were milestones i could say "Ok, I need to get to xxx number to claim some t2a maybe total 500 t2a if all milestones were acheived, but no. There are no milestones. Oh and 10 energon and 9k gold from the 5 arena crystals doesn't make up for the lost t2a. I'm not at the need for t3c crystals or essence right now, my bottle neck is t2a and gold I have 2 r4 4* and would like to be able to expand my roster to explore more than the first chapter on expert spotlight, but for the 1000 t1a essence I got for 8-12% it wont be happening this go around. Oh btw I have another member in my alliance ranked 190 for europe region guess what 8-12%. I rest my case.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    The arenas are such a disappointment now. We all want milestones and yet nothing is done. For instance... Alpha Bounty arena that just finished, pulled in close to 700k points, now I wasn't looking for 1-2% or for that matter even 3-4%, I thought I did enough to put me into the 5-7% bracket.....nope. 8-12%. I ranked 320 for my region (US east coast) so that means roughly 1000-1500 people actually played at least one round to claim the ticket for this arena!!!!! If at least there were milestones i could say "Ok, I need to get to xxx number to claim some t2a maybe total 500 t2a if all milestones were acheived, but no. There are no milestones. Oh and 10 energon and 9k gold from the 5 arena crystals doesn't make up for the lost t2a. I'm not at the need for t3c crystals or essence right now, my bottle neck is t2a and gold I have 2 r4 4* and would like to be able to expand my roster to explore more than the first chapter on expert spotlight, but for the 1000 t1a essence I got for 8-12% it wont be happening this go around. Oh btw I have another member in my alliance ranked 190 for europe region guess what 8-12%. I rest my case.

Yep most people don’t care about arenas because they cannot get decent rewards so they just don’t do it, if we got milestones the noobs would have something to fight for but we ain’t getting milestones back so I ain’t gonna bother anymore
  • Phoenix8318Phoenix8318 Posts: 117
    edited February 2018
    Hey gang -

It has been said over and over again, and looking at all threads amd posts about the arenas they all have ONE thing in common : BRING BACK THE MILESTONES!

How much more feedback is needed on this topic? Its all right here.
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    I understand why they took out the current Milestones but with NO milestones it's like running a race and not knowing where the finish line is...the progress seems soooo boring. Milestones break it up and let you work towards the next goal, even if it's a small one. I really liked the sharks event and how it was structured and I ended up with a duped tech 4* and lots of forge fodder for my big boys.

I dunno. They said they took it out to make it less confusing to newer players. But I think it just makes it more confusing for them. They play arenas, but don't know for what rewards. If I had just started out now, I wouldn't know what I would need to do to get decent rewards and probably just end up giving up doing them.
    It has been said over and over again, and looking at all threads amd posts about the arenas they all have ONE thing in common : BRING BACK THE MILESTONES!

I think we need to start calling it by a different name. Maybe then they'll consider it.
  • The arenas are such a disappointment now. We all want milestones and yet nothing is done. For instance... Alpha Bounty arena that just finished, pulled in close to 700k points, now I wasn't looking for 1-2% or for that matter even 3-4%, I thought I did enough to put me into the 5-7% bracket.....nope. 8-12%. I ranked 320 for my region (US east coast) so that means roughly 1000-1500 people actually played at least one round to claim the ticket for this arena!!!!! If at least there were milestones i could say "Ok, I need to get to xxx number to claim some t2a maybe total 500 t2a if all milestones were acheived, but no. There are no milestones. Oh and 10 energon and 9k gold from the 5 arena crystals doesn't make up for the lost t2a. I'm not at the need for t3c crystals or essence right now, my bottle neck is t2a and gold I have 2 r4 4* and would like to be able to expand my roster to explore more than the first chapter on expert spotlight, but for the 1000 t1a essence I got for 8-12% it wont be happening this go around. Oh btw I have another member in my alliance ranked 190 for europe region guess what 8-12%. I rest my case.

It was actually ~3k (I fell right on an edge so it's a pretty accurate calculation) for the Americas. However that count is still damning. The only arenas that see decent activity are the feature bot and shark. They also have milestones. Hmmm.....
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Darm0k wrote: »
    DrShotgun wrote: »

I dunno. They said they took it out to make it less confusing to newer players. But I think it just makes it more confusing for them. They play arenas, but don't know for what rewards. If I had just started out now, I wouldn't know what I would need to do to get decent rewards and probably just end up giving up doing them.

I think we need to start calling it by a different name. Maybe then they'll consider it.

Sokath, his eyes opened!
  • TreeTree Posts: 36
    BRING BACK MILESTONES..PLEASE DONT MAKE THEM CHEESY EITHER..BRING THEM BACK AS THEY WERE...
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Milestones and arena chips please.
    Manthro wrote: »
    Sokath, his eyes opened!

The river Temarc, in winter

(you’re just going to be pulling all the TNG quotes now aren’t ya?)
    @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Vydious
    @Kabam Kaled
    @Kabam Kavs
    @Kabam Tenebrous
    Can we get some feedback other than "it doesn't matter if you like it, we're still not going to do it?
    There are SO many threads about players being unhappy with rewards, milestones, spark availability, gold availability,etc....WHATS BEING DONE to make the people who pay the bills happy?
    You've already started seeing people leave. I like this game, but everyday the fact that we're being ignored is chipping away at my playtime. Space Ape has figured this out and players have started heading back over there. I've recently taken my shelved profile and made it active again.
    I think they're taking the approach -- If we ignore it long enough, all the people who are asking/complaining for it will leave. Then the people left will be "happy" without it, don't know about it, or don't care.
  • Darm0k wrote: »
    I think they're taking the approach -- If we ignore it long enough, all the people who are asking/complaining for it will leave. Then the people left will be "happy" without it, don't know about it, or don't care.

We aren't ignoring anything. We're taking everyone's feedback very seriously. Though we may not have an immediate response or one you favor, we do care and we are listening.