Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

No plans to reshuffle/add new bots to AM map?

For Sanctum map it has been the same bots (especially minibosses and boss) over and over again since the day it was launched.. that is like 3 months ago?? Guessing it's the same too for Shattered Lands map?

Any plans from the devs to add/change the bots in AM map like how they use to do? That way players can utilize other bots and strategies to make AM fresh again. Please consider devs, for the longevity and replayability of the game.. doesn't take that much effort to change or add in new bots to AM maps. Mods might be the main issue of swapping them in/out - but that is how we learn from the process rather than just ignoring AM altogether.

Or even better an entirely new AM map 3 that only has 4 lanes instead of 6.. will make AM assignments much more easier. Instead of the pain we have to go through every week now assigning people to paths, and ending up getting disagreements/incomplete AMs due to players being MIA or rage quit etc.
Tagged:

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    You know when introducing Map3 they talked about collective planning. People get familiar with the six lanes and stabilized with a certain squad. Since every one is on their own to cover a lane, changing bots will certainly create more frustration when the AM finished at <100%.
  • You know when introducing Map3 they talked about collective planning. People get familiar with the six lanes and stabilized with a certain squad. Since every one is on their own to cover a lane, changing bots will certainly create more frustration when the AM finished at <100%.

This is a big part of this. We used to update the maps much more frequently, but with the addition of Map 3, we didn't think it was right to continue to change things that often, especially because of how difficult it is and how Alliances are still adapting to it.

This doesn't mean it won't change in the future, just that we're not going to be doing these shifts as often as we used to.
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    I agree most are still getting use to the mods but changing the minis & final boss every month would bring some excitement to AM. It gets pretty boring fighting the same minis over & over.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    You know when introducing Map3 they talked about collective planning. People get familiar with the six lanes and stabilized with a certain squad. Since every one is on their own to cover a lane, changing bots will certainly create more frustration when the AM finished at <100%.

This is a big part of this. We used to update the maps much more frequently, but with the addition of Map 3, we didn't think it was right to continue to change things that often, especially because of how difficult it is and how Alliances are still adapting to it.

This doesn't mean it won't change in the future, just that we're not going to be doing these shifts as often as we used to.

Thanks Miike.. just stating this as I'm the type that can get bored (and sick of something) if I keep do the same thing repetitively.. especially more so for a game. Ironically arenas are repetitive but there's a new bot to look forward to every month to keep it fresh! Not so for AM as we keep play the same map to get a bunch of same resources and rewards every week.

Recently felt this more so than previously so decided to create this post. Hopefully we get to see some changes soon.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Davien wrote: »
    Or even better an entirely new AM map 3 that only has 4 lanes instead of 6.. will make AM assignments much more easier. Instead of the pain we have to go through every week now assigning people to paths, and ending up getting disagreements/incomplete AMs due to players being MIA or rage quit etc.

Just do map 2 then... maybe Kabam can open map 2 up to D100 like before so alliances can do either D2.60+ or D3.20+ for the same rewards??

edited February 2018
    Faithz17 wrote: »

Just do map 2 then... maybe Kabam can open map 2 up to D100 like before so alliances can do either D2.60+ or D3.20+ for the same rewards??

if they offer the same rewards I think most alliances would prefer map 2. Problem with it is the length... map 3 feels much more shorter and faster to complete.

mods and bots combination is what makes it hard, and for some players too hard for Sanctum map... speak about right side Bludgeon and Motormaster.. ain't easy unless one is skilled.
  • Faithz17 wrote: »

They haven't changed map 2 either. That's why my alliance is going through the headache of preparing to try map 3. Something new.

On a side note, I'm really disappointed that map 2 isn't updated monthly. To me that end boss fight is valuable practice fighting the new BOTM.
    Faithz17 wrote: »

They haven't changed map 2 either. That's why my alliance is going through the headache of preparing to try map 3. Something new.

On a side note, I'm really disappointed that map 2 isn't updated monthly. To me that end boss fight is valuable practice fighting the new BOTM.

agree.. miss KO-ing bots of the months ... imagine what is like vs a high PI Primal as an end boss last month... with that armor stack would be a challenge! And this month's Hound would be a slippery range attacker... all those lost potential to make AM interesting.
    edited February 2018
    Devs might view it as a hassle / unnecessary resource wasted.. but from my viewpoint it's definitely a way to keep players interested.

Notice how many players quit recently and how a top alliance got disbanded during this time too all after Sanctum map was released? don't you guys find it a coincidence, that it could likely be the staleness of AM maps causing it?
  • I think there is zero coincidence between the map getting reshuffled. No offense, it is just much bigger than that. I think the schedule changes, general frustration with rewards being weak, and the game generally being stale contributed to players quitting.

I think OVP disbanded because it wasn't worth the effort for them to continue recruiting as players started wanting to retire. Again, because of rewards. If they had shuffled the bots around 2x since January, I don't think that would have changed them disbanding.

All this being said, maybe its time for you to challenge yourself more if you are getting bored with the map as it stands right now.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Makes me agree with what others already said: AM is like a part time job.
    No, no a designer's job. It's more like working in a phone assembly factory. Your task is fixed, so is your salary. If you are skilled in assemble an iPhone, you don't want to switch line with your collegue, try doing a Huawei and get fired the next day (stay on the pyrophobia lane will help)
    edited February 2018
    Makes me agree with what others already said: AM is like a part time job.
    No, no a designer's job. It's more like working in a phone assembly factory. Your task is fixed, so is your salary. If you are skilled in assemble an iPhone, you don't want to switch line with your collegue, try doing a Huawei and get fired the next day (stay on the pyrophobia lane will help)

I've already tested both left and right sides of Sanctum.. did well on both. Not gonna go up in difficulty and end up spending unnecessary energon just for some slight increase in T3C shards rewards. It just doesn't justify me for going higher up in difficulty.. even if I can.