Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Let's talk about WAR!

tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
I will try and keep this short and sweet and not ramble too much ;). Hopefully others can keep this question relevant long enough to garner a response from Kabam. @Kabam Miike

My main question here is, will it ever happen, and can you be transparent enough to explain what is holding it back?

Is it the player base / not enough competition? Is it a lack of money infused in to the game to push development enough to create another game mode? Is there a concern of bot balance? Relative bot strength among the community?

Wars have been a long time thing on many players' wish list. Many players who have left have pined for war and never got it so finally just threw in the towel. Some of those same players have even said they will return when you guys add war.

The game is getting stale... people are feeling like AM is not rewarding enough, and you guys seem to be running out of ideas for spotlight missions to keep those fresh. I don't think anyone legitimately enjoys arena and raiding.

It sort of almost seems maddening that there hasn't even been a mention of Alliance Wars. It is like the obvious answer staring everyone in the face, yet from our perspective it seems like Kabam isn't even considering it. I've been checking out Marvel Strike Force, which is by the offshoot of the remaining Kabam studio that split off the MCOC team, and that game is still in soft release but already has an icon for "Alliance Wars coming soon" and has a new pvp mode releasing with the next update (it already has Arena).

This just seems like a strangely missed opportunity. I look at us like investors... and as an investor I am curious what direction Kabam intends to take here.

Players -- Is war something you all want too, or is it just me?

Comments

• SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    i dont know anything about wars but i want the game to not be so boring between ams who are currently malfunctioning and unrewarding anyways
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited February 2018
    Sabugen wrote: »
    i dont know anything about wars but i want the game to not be so boring between ams who are currently malfunctioning and unrewarding anyways

I suppose for those who are not familiar I could describe the way war works in MCOC.

There is basically a placement phase and the attack phase. There are 3 BGs just like AM. On the placement phase, each person in the alliance places 5 defensive bots somewhere on the map in their assigned BG. Each node of the map has a node effect. Some of them are repeated in various locations on the map. Some basic examples are power gain, enhanced bleed effect, stun immunity, etc. The officers would then go in after all the bots are placed and actually move them around to strategic locations.

The paths would tend to be shorter than AM, but the difficulty of getting through a path on your own is intended to be harder. There are linked nodes between paths, and you defensively set mini bosses and a main boss as well.

Then the 2nd 24 hours is attack phase. You gain points by both attempting to 100% clear the map, as well as taking down the main boss. However, the points are structured so that there isn't one obvious answer as to which you need to do, and it isn't easy to do both unless you are in a lopsided matchup. Some will attempt to take the boss down with a link or two up, even, or some strategies have one or more BGs going for completion while another might go straight to the boss and avoid some paths to try and concentrate just on getting links down.

You can also see the opponent attacking your defense as the battle progresses, so you can decide how to adjust your strategy as the fight goes on.

I thoroughly enjoy AM, or AQ as it was called in MCOC, probably more so than war, but there is no question that the most intense moments have come in wars. War is more like sports, in the sense that you have more opportunities for those down to the wire last second finishes, that can make the game far more exciting than it is now.

Not to mention, it's always fun to play against people you know in other alliances ;)
  • I left MCOC almost 3 years ago and don’t think Wars had been implemented yet. How ever as a leader of multiple ally’s I can speak for approx 50 of my players that are all in agreance with this post. Rewards for AM are garbage at both Map 2 & 3. 3 more so than 2. Lack of new content is extremely disheartening. Our main ally has lost probably 20+ players over the last 4 months due to the lack of new content and lack of rewards for AM.
    The addition of Wars could entice some of those players to return as well as satisfy the ones who are at this very moment contemplating retirement from this game. Hear our cry’s ! Increase rewards and bring in some new content! Do not let paying customers or any customer for that matter walk away with a bad taste in their mouths.
  • Yeah, there are several directions I think they could take things to improve, but wars are the one thing I can really see bringing players BACK.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    edited February 2018
    It would be really cool to incorporate mods into Alliance Wars, as that would be a nice incentive for players to actually make good use of them outside of raid defense as well as well as giving lower alliances a means to put up good defenses should they have good mods. Moreover, coordinating and communicating where mods could be placed on a map would be a very nice addition as a team based aspect to the mode which currently is absent in map 3.

The think that really irks me with Kabam however, is that this game is treated as the red headed step child that Kabam doesn't want do much with. With bot releases taking longer, no other means of top tier content to unlock, I feel as though Kabam is just using the player base here as guinea pig for whatever tests they wouldn't to do with their MCOC player base.
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    I think part of the reason the game has started to feel stale is the rate of new bots.

Please go back to 2 a month!
  • I suppose, but you could give me 300 bots, and it wouldn't be fun if there is nothing to do with them.
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    edited February 2018
    My biggest problem with AW from MCoC is how stale/cheese/p2w it got.

I think they fixed it a bit after I left but before it was just pathetic. Automatic damage nodes, mystic dispersion everywhere, thorns thorns and more thorns, just so much BS and a hand full of alliances paying obscene amounts of money to make it through.

Develop any counter to it, they nerfed the counter... healers, nerfed, Black Widow, nerfed... Allaince War seemed to get Kabam drunk on those allaince revive spenders... so they chased it more and more at the expense of fun.

No thanks!

I’d love more content, but certainly not war.
  • Serapth wrote: »
    My biggest problem with AW from MCoC is how stale/cheese/p2w it got.

I think they fixed it a bit after I left but before it was just pathetic. Automatic damage nodes, mystic dispersion everywhere, thorns thorns and more thorns, just so much BS and a hand full of alliances paying obscene amounts of money to make it through.

Develop any counter to it, they nerfed the counter... healers, nerfed, Black Widow, nerfed... Allaince War seemed to get Kabam drunk on those allaince revive spenders... so they chased it more and more at the expense of fun.

No thanks!

I’d love more content, but certainly not war.

I get what you're saying, but I don't think we have the same kind of endless community that mcoc had, so I don't think spending would get out of hand in the same way it did in mcoc sometimes.

I used to play tier 2 AW in mcoc and we never spent anything. Now, in tier 1 I agree... And sure, sometimes we got matched up with someone that we could never beat, and that sucked, but I had way more good experiences than bad.

More than anything, though, I think this game is missing a reason to rank up more than your top 3 bots. Unless if you are just the completionist type, 3 max bots is really all you need to do anything the game currently has to offer.

I want a reason to rank up other bots, but when I log in and look at my guys I'm just like ehh, what's the point, and I go do something else with my time.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    maybe they should add another spotlight difficulty for master or something with better rewards.
    expert is too easy and meh these days
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited February 2018
    Maybe they should work on fixing the issues we have before making more content. The current AMs are trash because we're competing against players that have stables full of maxed bots so it's not possible to actually WIN or even place high enough to rank a bot past r3. I pray for dup's these days because I'll be stuck eventually with no one else to advance except the monthly bot, and then all I can do for him is r3.
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Maybe they should work on fixing the issues we have before making more content. The current AMs are trash because we're competing against players that have stables full of maxed bots so it's not possible to actually WIN or even place high enough to rank a bot past r3. I pray for dup's these days because I'll be stuck eventually with no one else to advance except the monthly bot, and then all I can do for him is r3.

Is it t2a that you are struggling on? T3b probably aren’t that much of a barrier these days in even a top 100 alliance I’d imagine.

They should probably make t2a a little more accessible. Instead of giving not crystals for the 100% completion of hard, they should probably give some t2a. This would give a natural progression up the special missions. Each one should give a bit of the resource needed to be viable in the next tier up, then you don’t create an artificial wall.

That said, that change would suck for me, I’d rather the bot crystals, as I’m at the t3c wall, so I’m stacking up t2a and t3b at this point while starving for gold and t3c shards...

Frankly Kabam haven’t done a particularly great job of making for a clean progression through the games content. Makes for a feast or famine gaming experience and it does create a system of haves and have nots
  • DrShotgun wrote: »

I do think they need to adjust the rewards in spotlight missions and I had a thread on that. They need to increase the rewards in expert, and slide the expert rewards down to hard, etc, etc. And don't increase the expert rewards by giving t3c because that just puts more of a gap. But, they could stand to give like a 4* crystal instead of so much t3b and t2a even, and maybe some gold or sig upgrades.

As for AM, honestly it could be FAR worse. At least you don't have prestige, which keeps you firmly behind no matter how much time you put in to the game. The only way to catch up in Mcoc is throwing a ton of money at your account or buying one that is already built. In this game, IF you are beast enough, you can select whatever AM level that you can handle, and that makes all the difference in the world to me.

Anyways, this is derailing completely. The stuff you are complaining about is not because they don't have time, and therefore need to stay laser focused on AM lest they forget to improve the rewards some day. The rewards suck in AM because they don't care to give you more. It would take them 10 minutes to adjust the rewards if they were so inclined, but they don't WANT to. That really has nothing to do with creating new content.