Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Kabam can you see all the unhappy players???

Seems like all you do is take take take...first it was a double Nerf on ratchet and a Nerf on motor master then you Nerf or better yet take away milestones in arena especially crystal bounty..oops you guys can't have them 4* shards..I've been playing since the game dropped and about to be the next to retire.. SICK OF THE GRIND..For what a little bit of nothing..and to ice the cake you only add one bot every 35 to 45 days..oh yeah also been a year without a single word on WAR...So what is next another Nerf or give us something to start bringing some interest back to the game???

Comments

• Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    edited February 2018
    You'll get a useless auto-response from them, telling that they'll inform the team but nothing matters.
    This game used to be fun... before you get to mid tier. And back when new contents were added, but the more you play, the more you get bored, why? Because the more you play, the more issues you face. Game crashing, lagging, broken opponents in Spotlight missions yet the rewards are still horrible compared to the effort we put in
    Problems with the game:
    - TOOO MANY STUPID BUGS, I swear, if this was a console game, people would be [Removed by Moderation]. Nobody can handle THIS much lags and crashes, so many reports have been made but did Kabam do anything to fix all of this? NO! There are still a lot of crashes for months now and you always get the responses like "We're working on that"
    - Terrible rewards: RNG ruins this, people are getting repeated T2 revives from Ancient Sanctum crystals, the crystals that people grind their arses off to fully explore each battlegroup, just 1 absence, 1% missing can prevent people from getting that reward
    - Lack of content: Arenas- repeated and boring, especially when you decided to remove the milestone rewards. The last new content was Sharkticon arenas and crystals, and no more! This game has been repetitive since new contents were added and repeated over and over.

These are the reasons why so many players are quitting, we already lost many top alliances such as OVPWR, WAGP1, Force and many more. Most players there are big spenders so you just lost a lot of money. That's what you'll get for being greedy

So please, read this post once, listen to the customers and for the love of god, fix 1 bug and don't event think about putting more bugs in the game to screw us over
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited February 2018
    You're complaining about the nerf on Motormaster, of all the possible things?

That "nerf" was necessary... It was damn near impossible to counter him on a dash in without one of two specific bots.

There's plenty other things to complain about... That adjustment to his ability is not one of them.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    I agree with @Manthro, motormaster was not nerfed, it was a necessary change, and if you know how to fight properly it made no difference as a controller, but as an opponent it made it fairer to fight against him. It was a good thing.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    @StreetFighter what device are you running on??
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited February 2018

Are you joking? What game are YOU playing because it must not be this one. Crashing and rewards are an ENORMOUS issue. The resources for r4/r5 are practically non existent for those who don't already HAVE a stable full of r4 r5 bots. Players complain about this DAILY, therefore it's an issue that should be addressed. We're competing in AMs to get t2a grains at a time because the gap is ever expanding. It's not possible to place high enough in AMs due to that fact alone.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Maybe it IS only you. You should be able to grind for resources and get what you need. I don't mind paying but seriously $100 for a spark for an r5 is insulting. Also yes we can compete for it but how fair is the competition really? My alliance regularly lands in the 45 range and we've been holding steady but when we're competing against guys who already have r5s and are steady getting more and more, the gap just grows.
    It's the "you gotta pay" mentality that screws everyone because there's always one out there that's willing, which hurts the majority of the player base.
    A good business practice says that if people get what they pay for at a reasonable price, a company makes money.
    Let's say Walmart sells milk for $50 a gallon. One or 2 people might buy it, but I promise the store selling it for $2 a gallon is gonna make a TON more money.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Synthwave wrote: »
    6. 2 bots per month (I put this last because I just know it's pie in the sky stuff that will never happen; it would still be nice if and when the game ever increases to a larger more stable population).

They do this sometimes. But usually, the second bot is only available in a crystal you have to buy and even then, it’s random luck that you’ll get it.
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    I think the answer to the lack of new bot content is introduce a new bot every 2 weeks or so, with their respective mission and availability lasting 4-5 weeks, like it is now. That way, you still have a month to collect chips and buy the bot from the store, but those who grind faster or don’t care about the current bot can already start on the next bot.

Example (I’m just picking random bots for this):

Primal runs from March 1st, runs for 4-5 weeks
    Hound starts on March 15th, runs for 4-5 weeks
    Megatron starts April 1st, runs for for 4-5 weeks

....And so on and so forth.

This would also involve removing the ‘bot-specific chips’ with just general feature chips that can be used on the bot you’d prefer to purchase.

Maybe a player who regularly only saves about 50k chips decides he wants to skip buying a few 3* versions of Hound because they aren’t interested. Now that player can just keep those chips to continue saving 100k for a 4* Megatron... or hang onto them even longer and wait to see who comes next.

It’s not a whole lot different than the current system, but it doubles the amount of bots without sacrificing anything, and would be far more enticing to players, and would only help grow the player base.

edited February 2018
    About resources to compete in top alliances, there are at least 4 players in the top 3 alliances that are completely F2P, pure skill. They are the ones with 1 R5 from ROK and 2 R4s as top 3 bots in their profiles. They complete expert spotlight with their R3s and ROK with energon saved from usual grinding. You can get there either by skill or $$. If you don’t have the skill, then you need to put in $$ if you want to be at the top. Most of them at that level have skill and put in $$ from time to time.

For me personally, the frustration with control issues is my main issue. I have to wait for my device to be cooled down, restart the app, before I can fight. And even when I fight, I can’t do more than 3 fights in a row cos after that overheating and lag. So many times I wanted to throw my phone cos you see that Grindor coming with SP2, but you swipe to backstep and nothing happens, your bot stands there and gets hit, or range reflect you can’t dash in to counter after you dodged a SP. It’s just painful and I’m like wtf am I [Removed by Moderation} for a game which should be fun. :|
  • Faithz17 wrote: »
    About resources to compete in top alliances, there are at least 4 players in the top 3 alliances that are completely F2P, pure skill. They are the ones with 1 R5 from ROK and 2 R4s as top 3 bots in their profiles. They complete expert spotlight with their R3s and ROK with energon saved from usual grinding. You can get there either by skill or $$. If you don’t have the skill, then you need to put in $$ if you want to be at the top. Most of them at that level have skill and put in $$ from time to time.

For me personally, the frustration with control issues is my main issue. I have to wait for my device to be cooled down, restart the app, before I can fight. And even when I fight, I can’t do more than 3 fights in a row cos after that overheating and lag. So many times I wanted to throw my phone cos you see that Grindor coming with SP2, but you swipe to backstep and nothing happens, your bot stands there and gets hit, or range reflect you can’t dash in to counter after you dodged a SP. It’s just painful and I’m like wtf am I pissing myself off for a game which should be fun. :|

This has been my problem for a long time. It’s also gonna be the last straw for me. I’ve worked my ass off and put in some real money too. All that to have bots that I should be able to get through 100% of spotlight with. Not happening with this lag, sticky bug, or whatever you call the problem of the month. I’ll be GDed if I’m going to pay for energon to compensate an obviously faulty game.
    edited February 2018
    We are getting closer with topic related comments, but it creates a mess in thread and we are loosing the point with extra stuff. Making it simple would be more effective. For example, teams with 18 players is hard to manage. Can we make smaller teams?

@Faithz17, I know how frustrating it can be. Most of the time overheating issues are related to old battery. Changing old batter is worth from all perspectives. Another way is to avoid last second moves and play ahead. My guess it's not game related issue. It's digitizer less responsive because of overheating. Digitizer responds less effectively when it's hot.

I don’t think reducing alliance size would help. Maybe what would help is instead of requiring all 18 to participate, AM could be designed for 15, so people can take turns sitting out. Like instead of 6 lanes, have 5 lanes. One person extra can jump in to help whoever or just take a break. In fact, if map lanes are fixed for now, increasing alliance size to 21 may help so you have 6 lanes and 1 extra person to help cover wherever. Also in case someone goes wrong route as well.

My device is an iPhone 7+. And I also have access to iPhone X, iPhone 8+, 6S+ and an android oneplus 3T with 6gb ram. I’ve ran the game on all the above devices. Guess what? They all lag and overheat after a certain number of fights. I don’t think it’s a battery issue and they are definitely not old devices.
  • Fixing user expereinces in cash cow mobile games:

will it make me money = fix
    will it cost me money = kick it down the road

Forget about the nice persuasive corporal speeches you get in forums lol.
  • Honestly, they had more than a year to set the game in the right direction, with constant feedbacks on serious issue. The way they handle this game as it is now, it is most likely their MO from now on going forward.

As a player, I extract what makes me happy about this game and make the most out of it, games are never perfect and if the issues really start to get to you, move on to a better suitable game.

After all is all about players enjoy gaming expereinces, not to forcefully change how company behaves, if they have no incentives to do so.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited February 2018
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Maybe it IS only you. You should be able to grind for resources and get what you need. I don't mind paying but seriously $100 for a spark for an r5 is insulting. Also yes we can compete for it but how fair is the competition really? My alliance regularly lands in the 45 range and we've been holding steady but when we're competing against guys who already have r5s and are steady getting more and more, the gap just grows.
    It's the "you gotta pay" mentality that screws everyone because there's always one out there that's willing, which hurts the majority of the player base.
    A good business practice says that if people get what they pay for at a reasonable price, a company makes money.
    Let's say Walmart sells milk for $50 a gallon. One or 2 people might buy it, but I promise the store selling it for $2 a gallon is gonna make a TON more money.

Look... No offense, but you've been playing this game almost a year.

Either you have paid nothing, which is pretty lame if you're going to turn around and complain, as it would mean you are not a paying customer...

... or, you've bought small offers that gave you a teeny boost or some bot you craved, but really no leg up. There are TONS of players that fit in this camp, where they've spent roughly $100 on the game over time, but balk at spending $100 on the one thing that would actually put them ahead.

What you have to understand about this type of game is that it is like being in a class where they grade on a curve. You can either stay behind the curve or get over the hump, so to speak. To me, you don't need to be a whale or a big spender, but if you are smart about your spending and buy JUST the right deal, and patiently wait for just the right bots instead of buying bot crystals, THEN you can get over the hump.

As an example, you could have saved earned energon, never buying crystals, bought the $30 energon deal that everyone keeps asking to happen again, and maybe bought a couple of other resource deals at the right times... gone and used your upgraded bots to do expert spotlight, and then use those rewards to upgrade further and take your energon stash and go do RoK.

At this point you're well over the hump and you go join an alliance that is getting rewards that keep sustaining your account's strength, and you basically don't need to spend anymore.

This is what countless players at the top have done, players you probably assume have spent thousands, but really they just put in roughly what most gamers would spend on a casual gaming budget over 1 year.

Some of them, like faithz said, really are so good they've spent virtually nothing.

If you don't have the skill to get where you want to, then that is another issue. If you don't have the skill and you don't want to spend a dime, then I don't know why Kabam should give you the time of day.

Maybe it's too late. Maybe you're too far behind now. But the reality is _someone_ has to be behind. We all started the race with the same stuff. Some people dropped crazy money, but the overwhelming majority at the top have spent far less than you'd like to believe and it is only fair that they have what they earned.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    tekkn1kal wrote: »
    DrShotgun wrote: »

Look... No offense, but you've been playing this game almost a year.

Either you have paid nothing, which is pretty lame if you're going to turn around and complain, as it would mean you are not a paying customer...

... or, you've bought small offers that gave you a teeny boost or some bot you craved, but really no leg up. There are TONS of players that fit in this camp, where they've spent roughly $100 on the game over time, but balk at spending $100 on the one thing that would actually put them ahead.

What you have to understand about this type of game is that it is like being in a class where they grade on a curve. You can either stay behind the curve or get over the hump, so to speak. To me, you don't need to be a whale or a big spender, but if you are smart about your spending and buy JUST the right deal, and patiently wait for just the right bots instead of buying bot crystals, THEN you can get over the hump.

As an example, you could have saved earned energon, never buying crystals, bought the $30 energon deal that everyone keeps asking to happen again, and maybe bought a couple of other resource deals at the right times... gone and used your upgraded bots to do expert spotlight, and then use those rewards to upgrade further and take your energon stash and go do RoK.

At this point you're well over the hump and you go join an alliance that is getting rewards that keep sustaining your account's strength, and you basically don't need to spend anymore.

This is what countless players at the top have done, players you probably assume have spent thousands, but really they just put in roughly what most gamers would spend on a casual gaming budget over 1 year.

Some of them, like faithz said, really are so good they've spent virtually nothing.

If you don't have the skill to get where you want to, then that is another issue. If you don't have the skill and you don't want to spend a dime, then I don't know why Kabam should give you the time of day.

Maybe it's too late. Maybe you're too far behind now. But the reality is _someone_ has to be behind. We all started the race with the same stuff. Some people dropped crazy money, but the overwhelming majority at the top have spent far less than you'd like to believe and it is only fair that they have what they earned.

HAMMER TIME!!!!!!!!!
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    2. Overheating caused by old devices running amazing graphics and it's simply amazing how mobile GPU can process these hi-end games. If you ask me, I rather have great game then 2D BS.

I don't mind the 3D aspect of the fighting, but I would like to turn off some of the other "neat" graphic stuff. I could do without the flying spaceships in the background, the falling pillars of stone, the smoke, or that damn sign.
  • MagnusPrime649MagnusPrime649 Posts: 2
    edited February 2018
    Kabam you have <Removed by Moderation> up honestly it is my favorite game and i was so psyched for hound but for a week now it has had the not connected to internet thing showing up and I can't access the game anymore.My internet works just fine cause I tested it out on other apps that needed wifi and they worked fine I am honestly very sad that I can no longer access the game anymore and I've lost all the progress from the daily calenders. I don't even know if Kabam can do anything or if they'll even see this.
  • The only thing they'll react to is the expletive you used in your post. As for making this game work properly for anyone NOT using a top-end device: don't hold your breath.
  • MikaMika Posts: 12
    I miss the sharks so much!