Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

4 Star "Deals"

Ok, so up until yesterday was the overpriced "deal" for a 4* Dinobot and enough resources to awaken his sig and rank him up to 3/30 for $50. Now, the "deal" Kabam is offering is only the awakening/upgrade programs to awaken a 4* and level up sig to 5--for the exact same price! Am I the only one that thinks some "deal" like this is making Kabam come off as a little too desperate to get into everyone's wallets?

To me its as desperate and annoying as the bum hanging out at Walmart with a dirty rag and even dirtier water offering to wash all of your car windows for a few bucks, and then begs to wash just one window for the same amount of money when you say no the first time.

Kabam, you've always been hit-or-miss with your deals in the past, but lately, except for that recent gold deal I think, you've been striking out.

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    The first deal was restricted to a tactician bot, resources and awakening program.

The current deal allows you the freedom to select which class you want to awaken. There's a premium price associated with having that flexibility.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    it could be a sign 5*s are coming very very soon.. hence why Kabam is pushing 4* deals like crazyy now. Just a speculation I could be wrong.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Fifty was a good deal for two 4 star tacticians.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Let's do some math. If you want to dupe a 4* bot of your choice, with 2500 energon you have 1/29 (total bots=33, but Hound, OPL and OG Megs aren't in the normal pool and Newbee isn't in any pool). With this free awakening program you have 100% chance do to that, even for those who aren't in the pool, even for Newbee.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Let's do some math. If you want to dupe a 4* bot of your choice, with 2500 energon you have 1/29 (total bots=33, but Hound, OPL and OG Megs aren't in the normal pool and Newbee isn't in any pool). With this free awakening program you have 100% chance do to that, even for those who aren't in the pool, even for Newbee.

Free?? It’s $70 in my currency.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Faithz17 wrote: »

Free?? It’s $70 in my currency.

Sorry the edit was timeout. I mean "free choice" lol.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Manthro wrote: »
    The first deal was restricted to a tactician bot, resources and awakening program.

The current deal allows you the freedom to select which class you want to awaken. There's a premium price associated with having that flexibility.

they had a deal not long ago where you could choose the class and get the awakening program + 4 sig programs for the price of £28.99 though, so this is definitely inflated.
  • What are everyone’s thoughts on the MV1 Optimus Prime deal?
  • What are everyone’s thoughts on the MV1 Optimus Prime deal?

Wasn’t there a awaking program with the Dinobot offer? Anyways as for the deal for MV Optimus, last time I saw him in the store I believe it was 99.99. But that was awhile ago. So not bad if you ‘really’ want him.
  • I guess kabam’s is not so creative when it comes to sales. People will buy only when they get the worth of what they pay. They are coming out with so not attractive offers! Kabam needs to work a lot on their sales part. They need to understand what their market needs.
    edited February 2018
    What are everyone’s thoughts on the MV1 Optimus Prime deal?

My thoughts... Considering how sought after Mv1 is, it's a good deal.

However... The optics look bad after the incredible deal they put out on Dinobot (needed extra stuff because people don't rate him highly).

If I were running Kabam, I woulda been a dirtball salesman and chosen to put these offers out in the following order instead...all $50:

1) Awakening program
    2) Mv1
    3) Outstanding dinobot deal

I would do this for two reasons:

1) it wouldn't look like they are offering "less for more" in succession with each offer.

2) they would have easily made more money as a result.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    MV1 is more sought after and probably better, so they can charge the same and give you less.

Stores do this all of the time, etc.
  • Davien wrote: »
    it could be a sign 5*s are coming very very soon.. hence why Kabam is pushing 4* deals like crazyy now. Just a speculation I could be wrong.

They already have five stars in marvel characters contest of hero’s so why not here right now
    Davien wrote: »

They already have five stars in marvel characters contest of hero’s so why not here right now

Because it's been around way longer than this game. They are at 6* champs now
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    ...6 Stars are why I went from Whale to FTP and eventually left MCOC entirely.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    It’s $70 in my currency... no way am I spending that kind of money on a game which just crashed twice in one raid :|
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited February 2018
    Got my Mv1 from the deal. Been waiting since game was launched (started at the same time as Kabam). Good deal top bot.. Buy if it u feel u can't wait anymore B)
  • Davien wrote: »

Because 4*s still require a significant time sink to hit R5. When R5s start growing on trees that's when 5*s will hit. I seriously doubt this game will last that long.
  • all 3 days so an high cost offering.. and still no overview what & when comming next deals... this is really bad for not super rich humans they cant spent every day hundred of dollars
    RicoGamer wrote: »
    all 3 days so an high cost offering.. and still no overview what & when comming next deals... this is really bad for not super rich humans they cant spent every day hundred of dollars

Lol
  • Manthro wrote: »

Manthro wrote: »

But there’s not bot with it. Any awakening gem with 4 added sig levels is not worth $50, unless it had a bot /4* crystal that gave 250k gold and some premium crystals. They should just add on so that it feels like spend $50 was worth it.
  • the prob is i cant pay for all.. i pay this.. then comes s3 class spark(s) i pay this.. comes 4* bumblee or whatever.. why cant kabam bring out a list like in most other games??
    RicoGamer wrote: »
    the prob is i cant pay for all.. i pay this.. then comes s3 class spark(s) i pay this.. comes 4* bumblee or whatever.. why cant kabam bring out a list like in most other games??

Never before have I seen any mobile game announce upcoming deals or sales. Dunno what you're talking about