Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Forging past 100%

I recently tried to Forge my 4* MV1 Prime past 100% and it allowed me to go to 113% but after I forged them I only got credit for 100%. It showed that my bot rating would be 4482 for 113% Forge level but it ended up being 4237 for 100%. I forged an fully ranked 3* Motormaster into Prime when he was at 99.5% Forge. I basically wasted a fully forged Motormaster which is very frustrating. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone out there with bot over 100% Forge level?

Comments

• Fully ranked and forged Motormaster is what I meant
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited February 2018
    Not this again....

When you level up your bot and you go over the amount of ore you actually need, does it give you extra levels? No.

It allows you to do it so you can get to max level. Would you use a 50k ore to make sure you got to max if you were only a few points shy? No.

So, that's basically what you did with your Motormaster. Used a 50k piece of ore when all you needed was 225.

Common sense.
  • If it's such common sense then why does it actually show 113% and the higher bot level? No need to be a **** it's definitely not common sense but thanks for your crappy response, good to know there are jerks in every type of forum.
  • Very misleading
  • And ore is a really bad comparison because it's doesn't show your bot gaining anything over the max level. When you use a high level bot to Forge it shows the increase and it's very misleading. If it's not going to Forge to 113% and the higher bot level than why show it.
  • ytoimdmg0gw9.png

Here's a pic
  • hl0axiray30b.png

113% for comparison
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    This is an issue because when upgrading to max, the game actually tells you how many redundant ore you selected and you're not able to select more. They should do the same for forging. If you are willing to waste one bot, fine. But now you can waste many without getting warned.
  • Agreed
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    It does clearly state that the max forged level is 100. It was a risk you took to over forge and hope to beat the system. Unfortunately it didn’t work but it’s certainly not Kabam’s fault. Just call it a loss and move on.

• DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited February 2018
    I feel ya....the game was gonna let me go to sig level 103 for my Mixmaster the other day. I wasn't gonna chance it.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    JKL wrote: »
    It does clearly state that the max forged level is 100. It was a risk you took to over forge and hope to beat the system. Unfortunately it didn’t work but it’s certainly not Kabam’s fault. Just call it a loss and move on.

Then why isn't the game consistent across different places?
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    it doesn't say 113%, it says 113/100, which is obviously impossible. Why did you think it was possible? I'm guessing it is something to do with the fact that it starts at 75 and can be increased to 100 as to why it doesn't cap, but still, it says 100 is the max level (not 100%, as the base is 75...)

It seems really, really obvious to me and I've never gone over it
  • Why show it if it's not possible? Very misleading. I'm not trying to cheat the game, if something is possible then why wouldn't I do it. It clearly shows 113/100 and even shows the bot level at 4482. There's an issue with the display and it's being addressed. Obviously it won't happen again but that's a pretty steep price to pay when there's a glitch in the game.
  • JKL wrote: »

How is this not the game developers fault? It's their game that shows 113/100 being possible and a bot level of 4482. If the display was correct it would stop at 100/100 and give the correct bot level. Then you can adjust what bots you want to Forge to get 100/100 and not waste too much.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Or you can use some common sense and logic, and instead of blaming others, you take responsibility for your own mistake.
    I'd say both are at fault. Yes, if 100 is the cap, it should stop at 100 and not go past.

BUT forging a max forged 3* bot when you're that close? You were 100% trying to cheat the system and get a higher level. At 700 points short, anything above a 2* is overkill. A 2-20 2* mv1 would have maxed you.

You got greedy, gambled, and lost. Pure and simple.

This was basically what I was getting at without actually saying it, because no player is gonna admit this was the reason they would go overkill on forging... They just take the high road and claim intentional ignorance, which pretty much everyone sees through anyway.

Glad someone else sees it.
  • I take full responsibility for my action but if the display didn't show erroneous numbers I never would've done it. How is it cheating if you don't know and the game is showing you something but giving you something different. How am I to know that it wasn't possible? If it was possible I'm sure all of you would be doing it as well.
    @ Manthro, you were just being a **** about it, it's an honest mistake and definitely a problem with the game but I guess I shouldn't expect anything less from you.

Thanks for the responses, I've learned a valuable lesson, I'm sure I'm not the first or last so maybe this helps someone in the future.
    edited February 2018
    I take full responsibility for my action but if the display didn't show erroneous numbers I never would've done it. How is it cheating if you don't know and the game is showing you something but giving you something different. How am I to know that it wasn't possible? If it was possible I'm sure all of you would be doing it as well.
    @ Manthro, you were just being a **** about it, it's an honest mistake and definitely a problem with the game but I guess I shouldn't expect anything less from you.

Thanks for the responses, I've learned a valuable lesson, I'm sure I'm not the first or last so maybe this helps someone in the future.

You have been avoiding the basic question this entire thread... Why would you even choose a max forged 3* bot when you were that close to lvl 100.

No matter how you try and spin it, it's a complete waste of resources unless you were intentionally trying to cheat the system.

You even took screenshots, which proves you had a very good idea it was going to backfire. Then you just come in here and try to deflect the blame.

That's exactly why you get no sympathy from veteran players. We see right through that facade.

Claim otherwise all you want, but you knew exactly what you were doing, and now you're upset it didn't pay off.
  • I think this is clearly a problem of the Kabam. What they are showing are not consistent with the end results. I think the OP has a valid point. I found out this problem earlier and didnt have any loss. But I was surprised Kabam can leave this as is. My guess is that the forge experience may still be preserved and later they may increase the max forge level and you would get those back.
  • So if the game tells me I can get a bot to 113 by overforging, I shouldn't try it? That would be cheating? I'm pretty sure I didn't put those green numbers there. I can't understand why the original poster is being accused of manipulative behavior, when it seems all he was doing was trying to make his bot stronger. So it didn't work, and he got burned... lesson learned. I'm not saying players should get their bots back from misforging, just that those erroneous forgings would probably be fewer if the display didn't suggest overforging works.
  • So if the game tells me I can get a bot to 113 by overforging, I shouldn't try it? That would be cheating? I'm pretty sure I didn't put those green numbers there. I can't understand why the original poster is being accused of manipulative behavior, when it seems all he was doing was trying to make his bot stronger. So it didn't work, and he got burned... lesson learned. I'm not saying players should get their bots back from misforging, just that those erroneous forgings would probably be fewer if the display didn't suggest overforging works.

Since everything official (what pittance that is) and player generated says forging stops at 100, you should say "Wow, this looks like a bug. I should put in a help ticket and hope the person that answers it knows what a transformer is." Instead of "Sweet Jesus! The game code screwed up and is letting me overforge. Let me dump the strongest bot I can to get the most benefit."

Like I said in my previous post, it shouldn't show that as possible, and that is 100% on kabam. If you forge to 75 without unlocking 100, it shows absolutely nothing past 75. (thank you superconductor)

If the game shows me I can... That's called a bug, if it worked it's called abuse of a bug, and THAT is called cheating.

But he didn't come here to report a bug, he came here to complain that he lost all that excess forge xp from his bot.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    I will say this, there are many things in this game that don't safeguard the player from making an erroneous mistake in their use of resources. Kabam needs to do a better job of handling that in order to make the game more player friendly, and do away with frustrations regarding their overall game UI.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    that1guy wrote: »
    I will say this, there are many things in this game that don't safeguard the player from making an erroneous mistake in their use of resources. Kabam needs to do a better job of handling that in order to make the game more player friendly, and do away with frustrations regarding their overall game UI.

seriously? Like what? If you just apply common sense then it is really, really easy. It clearly states 100 as the max level. I don't care what the stuff on the left says, on the right it says out of 100. 117 out of 100 would never work, ever. It's like trying to put 117 litres of water in to a 100 litre container. You wouldn't buy 117 litres to fill it if you could buy 100, because you know the max is 100. It's just such a dumb "mistake" that I wouldn't admit to it, especially not in public. Would be too embarrassed.
  • bAtm4nrOcks12bAtm4nrOcks12 Posts: 14
    edited March 2018
    Hey, just a common mistake between the two parties. Kabam and you are at fault here. It's just a 3 star, you'll get over it. Lesson learned, next time be smarter with forging and Kabam, please fix the forging system as there are still multiple bugs.