Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

New Bot Mechanic

I had a few ideas for some bots

Brawler Bot: Low damage base but builds damage as combo number increases. Signature: With each opponent hit the bot gains a fury charge that increases damage by x%.

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Motormaster essentially has this as his Sig. His attack goes up as his health goes down... Don't need more Motormasters, lol.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    so give brawlers access to starseeker mastery, sort of, without unlocking it? Why is this new mechnic necessary?
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Yeah, all the brawlers already have their own methods of damage boost that all stack with courage, which makes them a PiTa already.
  • Manthro wrote: »
    Motormaster essentially has this as his Sig. His attack goes up as his health goes down... Don't need more Motormasters, lol.

I guess he's close but he doesn't have the combo damage boost.
  • DaveJL wrote: »
    so give brawlers access to starseeker mastery, sort of, without unlocking it? Why is this new mechnic necessary?

Only one brawler class bot would have this.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I would prefer generalizing Rhinox's ability to punish bots under DoT effect. Those who can't stack dot effect should be able to increase attack/reduce evade/reduce power flow etc. against debuffed enemy.
  • we need to remove that "deceleration" mechanic and replace with actual "slow" mechanic; slowing of all movement and actions when under this debuff.
  • we need to remove that "deceleration" mechanic and replace with actual "slow" mechanic; slowing of all movement and actions when under this debuff.

That is an awesome idea! I would love to see deceleration turn into this. It would be awesome to use and horrendous to fight :lol:
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    I would like a bot with "Lag Immunity" as a passive and "Crash Immunity" as a part of their signature ability please
    we need to remove that "deceleration" mechanic and replace with actual "slow" mechanic; slowing of all movement and actions when under this debuff.

Be careful what you wish. You've spent months finding AI's pattern then suddenly they become slower sometimes. All your anticipated sidestepping/special baiting tricks could change.

Be careful what you wish. You've spent months finding AI's pattern then suddenly they become slower sometimes. All your anticipated sidestepping/special baiting tricks could change.

I see nothing wrong with it.
  • Is there any bot that has a life/health steal mechanic? That would be pretty cool to have.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Is there any bot that has a life/health steal mechanic? That would be pretty cool to have.
    Mv1 Prime
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Is there any bot that has a life/health steal mechanic? That would be pretty cool to have.

Mastery shark frenzy kind of does that already with sharks in AM
  • Gunz0 wrote: »
    Mv1 Prime

MV1 steals health???
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Mv1 Prime

MV1 steals health???

Sort of. He deals damage, then converts 30% to himself (when he's bleeding)
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Megatron duped steals emergency repairs from ratchet
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    Wb takes health for gained power
  • More a long the lines of each attack has x% chance to heal y%
    Wolfmills wrote: »
    Wb takes health for gained power

really?

I see nothing wrong with it.

Example, so i was deal brawling with some bots triple my rating. so I was being more preemptive the usual because i was nervous. i was against a grindor so i thought is was all right. I Dodge his Dash too fast, i get tracked and Next thing i know is that bus-of-fist hit me and i die almost immediately. Bye bye 19-in-a-row streak...