Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Best lineup for RoK?

Who are the absolute best bots for RoK?

Comments

• DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited April 2018
    All duped bots (currently building this team too):

4* OG Prime, Rachet (for heal and autobots synergy), MV1 (or Grimlock), Bonecrusher (with deep wounds mastery maxed out), Prowl (you can replace him with Windblade or Kickback as well).

Demo bots not really needed coz if you were to read the ROK guide the 2 tacticians there don't pose as much threat as the other classes.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    edited April 2018
    The dream team will be:
    1- og prime for 10 of the fight.
    2- rat to heal og.
    3- grim & primal for mirage.
    4- mv1 for bc.
    I used og, rat, grim, ih & wb because my primal unduped & I don’t have mv1.
    It cost me 300 Energon to take down mirage & another 300 for bc, the rest og take them all without items.
    If you don’t have og & rat don’t waist your Energon, wait until you get them.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    So I actually have all of those bots EXCEPT Ratchet:(
    So he's the unicorn.
    I have a duped Hot Rod, Mirage, Grimlock, rest are unduped
    edited April 2018
    I heard Ultra Magnus was the bomb diggity in RoK also
    ...and....meta?
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Ultramagnus is great vs Grindor; not so much for the others.

Basically meta means the best effective line up for RoK. The reason why OG Prime and Ratchet are often cited as a must is because of the heal synergy gives you a better chance at completing the run without use of potions or revives as people will build their team around OG Prime to constantly heal. Mirage is a good choice for Mixmaster, Hot Rod is wonderful vs Sideswipe/Barricade, and Grimlock a solid choice vs Mirage/BC. Seems like you got a solid roster if you don't have Ratchet.
    I'm saving spark just for when I finally pull Ratchet
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    I heard Ultra Magnus was the bomb diggity in RoK also
    ...and....meta?
    Get ratchet first because he will lower the energon cost.
    Mirage can be a very good choice but first you need ratchet, prime, grim, mv1 then mirage becomes he is very useful for the first & the last fights.
    This is an example:
    92dfa84eohld.png
    rfefrez6mltb.png

• Any thoughts on taking a duped 4* r4 Shockwave?

I am currently saving energon for ROK and powering up my bots as I prep for ROK. My current 4* r4 bots are unduped OG Prime, MV1 Prime, Rachet, and then duped Ironhide, and Shockwave.

My other duped 4* r3 are Bonecrusher, Windblade, Drift, MotorMaster, MV Megatron, Ultra Magnus, Galvatron,

Haven't gotten Grimlock or Mirage yet.
  • Last_FrontierLast_Frontier Posts: 290
    edited April 2018
    seeker1321 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on taking a duped 4* r4 Shockwave?

I am currently saving energon for ROK and powering up my bots as I prep for ROK. My current 4* r4 bots are unduped OG Prime, MV1 Prime, Rachet, and then duped Ironhide, and Shockwave.

My other duped 4* r3 are Bonecrusher, Windblade, Drift, MotorMaster, MV Megatron, Ultra Magnus, Galvatron,

Haven't gotten Grimlock or Mirage yet.

He should be awesome against megatron with the DOT, power drain, and repair block. Might be useful vs mirage. Sadly I still have a lot of forging and not collecting to do before making a run.
  • Black_ThoughtBlack_Thought Posts: 392
    edited April 2018
    seeker1321 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on taking a duped 4* r4 Shockwave?

Haven't gotten Grimlock or Mirage yet.[/quote

Shockwave will be a good option. I wish I had him vs. mirage. Stack up three shock and blast away. Rinse and repeat.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Maybe Blaster for Mirage. Slow down those ranges and he might not be so bad.
    I actually also have a duped Shockwave...and I was thinking Blaster to be a very useful bot
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I used Shockwave, OG Mega, Starscream, Grimlock and Soundwave.

Basically used Shockwave or OG mega for every fight except Bonecrusher.
  • RemmieRemmie Posts: 212
    So what rank do you guys say is feasible to attempt rok? R4 squad? R5? Mix of r4 and R5? What's the lowest rank/rating anyone has pulled off rok without too much punishment
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Remmie wrote: »
    So what rank do you guys say is feasible to attempt rok? R4 squad? R5? Mix of r4 and R5? What's the lowest rank/rating anyone has pulled off rok without too much punishment

R4s will work, but bring og prime and ratchet!
    DaveJL wrote: »

I wouldn't think OG Megatron would be very good for RoK. He doesn't have many useful buffs.
  • I wish I had the patience to attempt rotk :neutral:
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    I wish I had the patience to attempt rotk :neutral:

I wish I had the sanity lol thing would drive me mental mental chicken oriental
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »

I wouldn't think OG Megatron would be very good for RoK. He doesn't have many useful buffs.

Well I guess you thought wrong... OG mega with the decepticon team is more than capable. OG mega doesn't have buffs, he debuffs and steals buffs. Trust me, when paired with Shockwave and you can stack some power debuffs, you needn't worry about specials. Stacking AB means he deals good damage, fusing attack debuff means you can absorb some damage and fusing shock debuff just gives some nice DoT.
  • FirebotFirebot Posts: 525
    how does the lineup of these bots work? -
    Optimus Prime (G1)
    Hot Rod
    Prowl
    Ratchet
    Megatronus /Optimus Primal

And also at what level is it sensible for a person to attempt RoK???
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    Firebot wrote: »
    how does the lineup of these bots work? -
    Optimus Prime (G1)
    Hot Rod
    Prowl
    Ratchet
    Megatronus /Optimus Primal

And also at what level is it sensible for a person to attempt RoK???

As soon as you have a desire! Sure, you may take a solid beating, but don't waste energon or kits, and simply revisit to practice. You'll be able to work on your skills, and at some point you'll find that you've completed it.

No rush, the content isn't going anywhere, as evidenced by how old this thread is... ;)

and the line up?
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    Firebot wrote: »
    and the line up?

Ultimately, probably the bots you enjoy using the most and can handle the best. I used my beast team.
    hmm
    Man talk about an old thread coming back to life....