Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How many different AI's are there?

We all know that some AI bots are ridiculously easy and some are considerably tougher. I'm wondering if anyone has taken the time to sorta catalog what they are? I mean is there a specific AI for each bot or are there a few 'models' with varying levels of difficulty?

Comments

• Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    This has something with the rating. As you can feel, the first arena fights, daily missions, shitty base defenders are stupid, whereas those 6K+ enemies on Expert hardest path are god-like (run away after landing 5-combo on you, shoot-dodge-shoot-dodge like you're a drill practice).
    With only exception of Ro(t)K. Had those bots equipped with god-like AI, they'll be gods.
  • sabre_777sabre_777 Posts: 115
    Y2K wrote: »
    This has something with the rating. As you can feel, the first arena fights, daily missions, shitty base defenders are stupid, whereas those 6K+ enemies on Expert hardest path are god-like (run away after landing 5-combo on you, shoot-dodge-shoot-dodge like you're a drill practice).
    With only exception of Ro(t)K. Had those bots equipped with god-like AI, they'll be gods.

Right, but don't you think the Megatron(s) AI behaves differently than a car-bot AI? Yes, the level of the bot affects the difficulty, certainly. Just wondering if there are different styles. It seems some expert bots are more aggressively offensive and some are more dodge and counter based, and some are more ranged attack focused. I just didn't know if they were general attack styles given to bots based on their strengths or if it was specific for each bot. Also wondering if someone took the time to catalog the different ones. That would be helpful.
    edited April 2018
    Character specific AI may exist but that can also be subjective. I struggle in fighting Bludgeon whereas some may feel he's a sandbag. Demotron was my nightmare a while ago (some players still hate him) but now I like to fight him any day of the week.
  • XhibitAXhibitA Posts: 201
    There is only 1 AI

h7w171jcv8xc.jpg
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    There is definitely bot specific AI - it was mentioned when there was discussion about Galvatron in AM map 3. You can also see that OG Megs shoots his heavy more when it is charged. I'm not saying every bot has specific AI, but some of them definitely do and at different levels.
    That's exploring abilities. When charged, it deals more damage and can fuse debuffs. Demotron will spam heavy when unstoppable because he gets buff even if his heavy whiffs. Any bot will spam heavy on Stagger mod or go nuke with focus frenzy mod.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Bludgeon the blockoholic
    Shockwave will hit you with a combo or just the first few hits of it and immediately drop back and do his heavy. You get so accustomed to counter attacking off combos that I fall for it still sometimes.
    Darm0k wrote: »
    I hate the AI that refuses to use the S2.

They should add a 'na na na na na' button you can use to bait them into using it!!
  • woo224woo224 Posts: 180
    sabre_777 wrote: »

They should add a 'na na na na na' button you can use to bait them into using it!!

If you take a look at Kabam's official How to Play (Beta) guide on Status Effects, there's a couple of abilities that we have not seen in the final game, namely Taunt. Is there such an ability in Marvel COC? Do you think we'll see a Bot with a Taunt ability?
  • woo224 wrote: »

If you take a look at Kabam's official How to Play (Beta) guide on Status Effects, there's a couple of abilities that we have not seen in the final game, namely Taunt. Is there such an ability in Marvel COC? Do you think we'll see a Bot with a Taunt ability?

Interesting! I wonder if we can taunt Kabam into telling us if they have any plans for this ability. Would be a sweet addition to have on tougher missions.
    Sharkticon tactician: corner you and heavy spam, loves to use sp1 ONLY when you’re cornered like a cheap little @*$%@#€
  • What does the AI code look like?
    What does the AI code look like?

AI:blockblockblockcornerspecialattackthreeblock-~program:annoykitten:blockcornercornerheavyspamheavyspamblockcornerspecialattackthree:makekittenangry:(thisaisuckskabaamcantfixtheaicomeonthaysridiculous)~~blockblockspecialattackthreeheavyspamblockcornercornerrefusetousespecialattacktwoblock
  • XhibitAXhibitA Posts: 201
    What does the AI code look like?

AI:blockblockblockcornerspecialattackthreeblock-~program:annoykitten:blockcornercornerheavyspamheavyspamblockcornerspecialattackthree:makekittenangry:(thisaisuckskabaamcantfixtheaicomeonthaysridiculous)~~blockblockspecialattackthreeheavyspamblockcornercornerrefusetousespecialattacktwoblock

Lmao!
    woo224 wrote: »

as it happens, there is. It's an ability for Stark enhanced Spiderman, and it does increase the likelihood of opponent using a special attack. Lemme go grab a screenshot
    ytcxmo032kj4.png

there yee go
  • Thanks @DaveJL ! Would be an interesting ability to have in FTF and it seems Kabam at least at some point had plans for this.