Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Gold Arena - love it or shove it?

2»

Comments

• XhibitAXhibitA Posts: 201
    Shove it!
    Y2K wrote: »
    XhibitA wrote: »
    Y2K wrote: »
    Arena Crystals have lower yield than Gold Crystal even considering the accidental Energons. Replacing those on the milestones with Gold Crystals will be fine.

Actually you are wrong here. The first image below is one gold crystal being pulled whereas the second is one arena crystal. There is a pretty big difference.

vj8ix0g2t7ho.png

399ywvixq366.png

That's more than double the gold from an arena crystal. Gold crystals are wack in comparison.

This is just an instance of a random generator. Arena crystals can never give more than 5500 and the average is within 2000, whereas a single Gold crystal can give more than 20k. I'll post a screen when I have it.

I have never received more than 5k from a gold crystal and that is super rare. Mostly 2k+/- a few hundred at best.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Stitch626 wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    I think the gold arena is a great idea. As usual, they kabamed the implementation of it...

The milestones are a joke. I can grind the equivalent amount of ore for WAAAAY less time and the rank rewards are unbalanced.

you can grind more ore for less time than you can get from a GOLD arena? Well there's a surprise.

Why must people whine about everything?

Kabam, please do a 5* crystal arena where we can get 5* crystals in the milestones, 10 milestones, every 10k. Cheers.

I play this game every day. I have invested time and money into the game and have supported it since its release. And while I appreciate the fact that Kabam has made great changes to the game over the past couple of months, that does not mean I am not allowed to voice my opinion on new things they implement into the game.

Now then, nothing that anyone has suggested is as crazy or as hyperbolic as what you suggested in your post. No one is asking for an insane amount of gold or crazy rewards. However, when you compare this arena to other arenas - specifically in the milestone rewards, there is a CLEAR imbalance with this Gold arena. It is WAY fewer rewards compared to other arenas.

Do you think 13k worth of Ore and 60 Energon is equivalent to 6 PBC's and a 3* Crystal? How about a full T1 Alpha and 2500 T2 Alpha shards....is that the same as 13k worth of Ore? Maybe to you it is - but to me, I see a clear and obvious difference in rewards, and as such, I pointed it out. I gave my feedback.

If you are fine with the arena - thats great for you! Go ahead and grind out 1.5mill for your 13k gold you will get after selling all the ore and go about your day. I, on the other hand, think the arena could be much better than it is now with just some minor tweaks to the milestone rewards.

I was being facetious because someone is complaining that they can grind more ore. Well that's obvious. End of the day, not all arenas have to be equal. Some are worth playing more than others. I do 3 runs and I'm at 1.5m and that does me. It's easy going and the rewards are a bonus. If I had to grind my ass off, ok, but for me it takes 20 mins a round and 3 of them gets me 1.5m, so it's fine. I just don't think there is much point whining about the ore.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286

I was being facetious because someone is complaining that they can grind more ore. Well that's obvious. End of the day, not all arenas have to be equal. Some are worth playing more than others. I do 3 runs and I'm at 1.5m and that does me. It's easy going and the rewards are a bonus. If I had to grind my ass off, ok, but for me it takes 20 mins a round and 3 of them gets me 1.5m, so it's fine. I just don't think there is much point whining about the ore.

I was not suggesting that all arenas need to be "equal", per say - but you have to admit, compared to pretty much every single other arena, the rewards (especially in the Milestones) are pretty weak.

The Ore being a "reward" in the milestones is honestly just confusing to me. Its so little its almost like its not even there. And when you add in the fact that this arena is supposed to be about earning Gold, its even more confusing since if you sell all the ore you get, you only end up earning around 7k after putting up 1.5mill points in this "gold" arena.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779

I was not suggesting that all arenas need to be "equal", per say - but you have to admit, compared to pretty much every single other arena, the rewards (especially in the Milestones) are pretty weak.

The Ore being a "reward" in the milestones is honestly just confusing to me. Its so little its almost like its not even there. And when you add in the fact that this arena is supposed to be about earning Gold, its even more confusing since if you sell all the ore you get, you only end up earning around 7k after putting up 1.5mill points in this "gold" arena.

Yeah I agree it isn't great, but it's a bonus. The energon was nice, so it's give and take. The gold rewards appear to be in the rank rewards, and it was a decent amount for an hour or so play time for me
  • Love it!
    Whisper: Its free real estate
  • DaveJL wrote: »
    I think the gold arena is a great idea. As usual, they kabamed the implementation of it...

The milestones are a joke. I can grind the equivalent amount of ore for WAAAAY less time and the rank rewards are unbalanced.

you can grind more ore for less time than you can get from a GOLD arena? Well there's a surprise.

Why must people whine about everything?

Kabam, please do a 5* crystal arena where we can get 5* crystals in the milestones, 10 milestones, every 10k. Cheers.

I play this game every day. I have invested time and money into the game and have supported it since its release. And while I appreciate the fact that Kabam has made great changes to the game over the past couple of months, that does not mean I am not allowed to voice my opinion on new things they implement into the game.

Now then, nothing that anyone has suggested is as crazy or as hyperbolic as what you suggested in your post. No one is asking for an insane amount of gold or crazy rewards. However, when you compare this arena to other arenas - specifically in the milestone rewards, there is a CLEAR imbalance with this Gold arena. It is WAY fewer rewards compared to other arenas.

Do you think 13k worth of Ore and 60 Energon is equivalent to 6 PBC's and a 3* Crystal? How about a full T1 Alpha and 2500 T2 Alpha shards....is that the same as 13k worth of Ore? Maybe to you it is - but to me, I see a clear and obvious difference in rewards, and as such, I pointed it out. I gave my feedback.

If you are fine with the arena - thats great for you! Go ahead and grind out 1.5mill for your 13k gold you will get after selling all the ore and go about your day. I, on the other hand, think the arena could be much better than it is now with just some minor tweaks to the milestone rewards.

Actually my complaint was about the rank rewards dropping so steeply. But since that applies to all the arenas now, I left a short comment here and made a new thread for it.

As for this one, rank 31 shouldn't be getting a 60% reduction from rank 30. Way to steep. 200-225k sounds a lot more reasonable for 1-2% rank rewards.

I would RATHER have gold, or gold crystals in the milestones since ore isn't an issue. But whatever.
  • Shove it!
    I think the gold arena is outmoded by other improvements.

Gold shortage WAS an issue. But it isn't now. Shouldn't have been anyway for quite a while before last patch, with no AM costs and each arena match earning gold even before arena crystals. But now with away missions having full arena crystals, milestones with arena crystals etc... I will put it this way, just before anniversary patch you could still run out of gold easily, granted. BUT... even if you ran out of gold, to do so you'd run out of t3 basic or t2 alpha, it's not like these kept pace with gold even BEFORE last update. So even if you had a magical stash of gold on demand, you couldn't spend it on anything amazing.

After the last update, if you completely ignore gold arena your gold will WAY outpace t2 alpha/t2 basic. By a huge margin. That's enough right there to immediately say the gold arena is useless quite definitively. That said...

100k gold isn't a bad one day's work (though you can quite easily shame that with away mission manipulation). But, it's not something that should be considered a mere one day's work, being as it occurs once every two weeks. Whereas you can get more gold EVERY individual day if you really wanted to just from away missions. With this perspective in mind, again the gold arena is truly not good.
  • I think the gold arena is outmoded by other improvements.

Gold shortage WAS an issue. But it isn't now. Shouldn't have been anyway for quite a while before last patch, with no AM costs and each arena match earning gold even before arena crystals. But now with away missions having full arena crystals, milestones with arena crystals etc... I will put it this way, just before anniversary patch you could still run out of gold easily, granted. BUT... even if you ran out of gold, to do so you'd run out of t3 basic or t2 alpha, it's not like these kept pace with gold even BEFORE last update. So even if you had a magical stash of gold on demand, you couldn't spend it on anything amazing.

After the last update, if you completely ignore gold arena your gold will WAY outpace t2 alpha/t2 basic. By a huge margin. That's enough right there to immediately say the gold arena is useless quite definitively. That said...

100k gold isn't a bad one day's work (though you can quite easily shame that with away mission manipulation). But, it's not something that should be considered a mere one day's work, being as it occurs once every two weeks. Whereas you can get more gold EVERY individual day if you really wanted to just from away missions. With this perspective in mind, again the gold arena is truly not good.

What game have you been playing? In the past month I've sold roughly a MILLION ore because I didn't have the gold to use it. I've been saying for months that I could burn 2 million gold in the blink of an eye.

pz51snza1mgj.png

Nope, plenty of sparks awaiting the gold....

Removing the AM gold cost didn't do squat since they also cut the AM gold payout to match. The 6.0 away mission revamp helps with the arena crystals, but there's so many raid chip missions that you don't get enough of them to get ahead.

And before you come up with some smart remark about that 200k gold in my photo...

0ibn8i0oqcnf.png

Won't last 5 minutes....
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    If you're spending gold that much gold, it's not inherently the game's fault for your overspending. I field a solid roster and do regular upgrades and I never find my self spending as much gold as you.
  • that1guy wrote: »
    If you're spending gold that much gold, it's not inherently the game's fault for your overspending. I field a solid roster and do regular upgrades and I never find my self spending as much gold as you.

Silly me, trying to forge my bots....
  • XhibitAXhibitA Posts: 201
    edited April 2018
    Shove it!
    that1guy wrote: »

TBH, I rarely rank any bots before I forge them and I have 35 4* all at least with a forge level of 20 and my highest of course being 100. Wasting gold on bots you will repeatedly get over and over is in my opinion a waste when the gold can be better spent ranking up my 4*s but that's just me.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374

Yeah silly you indeed, you should let your bots dupe several times before forging as an undupped max ranked three star does jack for forging. It's better to get your bots to a high Sig level and let your gold accumulate in preparation for the next set of rank ups.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

Yeah silly you indeed, you should let your bots dupe several times before forging as an undupped max ranked three star does jack for forging. It's better to get your bots to a high Sig level and let your gold accumulate in preparation for the next set of rank ups.

I thought sig levels didn't make that much of a difference in forge xp. Maybe get you better crystal shards.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    Darm0k wrote: »

I thought sig levels didn't make that much of a difference in forge xp. Maybe get you better crystal shards.

If all you care about it Forge XP, then you will give your bots more XP by forging right away. 2 unduped bots = more XP than 1 bot duped once.
  • Last_FrontierLast_Frontier Posts: 290
    edited April 2018

zz8tbtyflbse.jpg

Of note, I'm only doing same bot forging so most of the 3* are collecting dust and dupes for lack of gold.

Silly me. Why have 11k forge xp times 3 bots (33,000 xp) when I can instead have 13k with a single bot that has 2 dupes!

• Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Today I opened 35 gold crystals and received 120k in gold. I also opened up 40 arena crystals and received 70k in gold.