Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Order of priority with special attacks being interrupted

I have seen many cases where this...concern comes into play.

I was play as Mirage against WIndblade in an arena. Windblade has the class advantage. I activated MIrage's special one, and in the middle of it, Windblade countered with her heavy attack, stopping the special animation and canceling the special.
Then, I was playing as Barricade against Soundwave, where Barricade had the class advantage. I used Barricade's heavy during one of Sounwave's specials, yet it did not stop it, or counter it.

As I said, I have seen this in several fights in the past, and have shrugged it off do to thinking I was just dumb, and did not understand what was going on. If the first situation where to be correct in how it played out, then the second situation should have worked in my favor, no?
Tagged:

Comments

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Specials can't typically be countered now heavies can be knocked out of air ect during heavy tho
  • EzekilijahEzekilijah Posts: 13
    Yeah, still doesn't explain what went on here. I thought specials couldn't be countered either. I am looking for an explanation for this, otherwise I will be reporting it as a bug. Like I said, I have been seeing this more and more, and this was the first time I was aware enough of all the factors in play that I felt I could write a post about it.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Sounds like but I don't recall it ever happening to me since beta
  • Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    If you're able to recreate this "issue" and if you have the right tools to record your gameplay and upload it somehow, it'd be interesting to see.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Both mirage and windblade gain invincibility when performing their alt mode attack against projectiles, mirage's t1 special finishes with a range attack in mid air, if windblade blocked your first two hits, she can counter the last part of that move, same thing with mirage against ironhide, sidestepping or blocking then perfoing the heavy attack will counter both t1 and t2 special, it's not a bug, both these characters have this as a passive skill, I've done it lots of times in the arena.
  • Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    MaxBebop wrote: »
    Both mirage and windblade gain invincibility when performing their alt mode attack against projectiles, mirage's t1 special finishes with a range attack in mid air, if windblade blocked your first two hits, she can counter the last part of that move, same thing with mirage against ironhide, sidestepping or blocking then perfoing the heavy attack will counter both t1 and t2 special, it's not a bug, both these characters have this as a passive skill, I've done it lots of times in the arena.

There's one problem with that. Super's have full nvencibility until the end.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481

Right, you don't do any dmg when you counter but you can still avoid the projectiles and block off the rest.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Evasion still activates during specials. As was said, windblades heavy evades range, so you can also use it against motor masters level 1 special, or sideswipes melee evasion. If there is a melee special, sideswipe's evasion can proc and he can dodge half way through.
    What windblade did wasn't a dodge, but an attack through it. She heavy attacked through it. A heavy attack isn't a dodge. That is why i made the point of saying she did her heavy attack through it. I guess saying "in the middle" can be confusing, but that was to convey that the special was active. She didn't heavy to prevent me from doing the special, she heavy attacked during the special. I did the special, her move during it was a heavy attack. Mirage's special one starts with a melee, so there is no dodge for Windblade during her heavy.

Right, you don't do any dmg when you counter but you can still avoid the projectiles and block off the rest.

And that's the thing, her heavy DID damage.
  • I'm not actually sure about this, so I'm taking this to the team! It may or may not be meant to be this way, but we'll find out!