Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Is hot rod Good?

My brother says he's awesome and I disagree let's break this up is HotRod any good?

Is hot rod Good? 51 votes

Yes
41%
French_BakerManthroTWE10MallowmanFulMetalGrimlokbAtm4nrOcks12ladysman_417GochaBROlilbeastieBeerguzzlerDrShotgunthat1guyRipclawBumblebee254Black_ThoughtUncleSixshotTheAmOs12bummblezee3Ctgolden33Aendelan 21 votes
No
21%
JohnimusDavienChuck_CanuckShockwaves_jdjcjdjxJmdNinjaHunterXVavatronRezident_WeevilBntyhntr3232_Y2KShart_Vader17 11 votes
He is decent
37%
iuJacobTimmy2ChainzDeadSilenceJoker69D3v1LDrkPrinzFried_DogZSonerbabaSabugenShockredshift9Mr_WonderfulPhatBoy123Red_EyesBurningBaronUrAverageMalakaPapitoRicoZRogueHijacker2531 19 votes

Comments

• Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    He is decent
    He’s good only if duped, otherwise the deceleration is only niche against evasion bots. He gets good synergy, sp2 spam does good damage, but the power control is what matters.

Duped hot rod is second only to bonecrusher as a warrior in my opinion, but unduped is a bit meh.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Depends on the situation, like facing against an evader like Prowl, Sideswipe, Geewun Bee and bots on evade mods
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    No
    too niche to be useful (only good vs evade bots)

Bonecrusher with deep wounds on the other hand, obliterates most bots that aren't brawler class.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    There's a bot for everyone's play style in this game, Hot Rod included.

His sp2 + decelate can do incredible damage, but I do think he needs some minor adjustments like a higher % chance to decelerate and a little bit more in the power gain department when he's got accelerate buff on him.

Other than that, I think he's a lot of fun to use.
  • No
    in my opinion he is a very un impressive bot he is the 2nd most boring bot in his class next to samari tank dude
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    No
    in my opinion he is a very un impressive bot he is the 2nd most boring bot in his class next to samari tank dude

Well samari thank dude is awesome as in the best warrior awesome
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    No
    He’s good only if duped, otherwise the deceleration is only niche against evasion bots. He gets good synergy, sp2 spam does good damage, but the power control is what matters.

Duped hot rod is second only to bonecrusher as a warrior in my opinion, but unduped is a bit meh.

Duped? How is it possible to not have a duped hot rod? XD
  • bummblezee3bummblezee3 Posts: 251
    Yes
    he is a great bot
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    he is a great bot

How?
    Please explain
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    edited July 2018
    He is decent
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    he is a great bot

How?
    Please explain

Great control with his deceleration. Decreasing opponents power rate and increasing his own, nullifying evade, increasing Crit rate for combo’s, evading ranged. Very versatile bot, and due to not inflicting a DOT debuff, very capable of taking on a brawler.

Edit
    My way of measuring if a bot is truly good is how they deal with bots against class advantage. If you compare them to every bot in the advantaged class like warrior against brawler, then you get a good measure of proper quality when measured against its weaknesses.
    One thing though, in my comparisons I discount one bot of each class, as I found scouts vs bonecrusher is just wrong. To keep it fair I took one out of every class to go up against. Personally I found hot rod to be effective against brawlers due to his general versatility, able to do more damage through buffs to himself rather than debuffs to opponents, which in some cases work in the favour of the brawlers. He really doesn’t have a weakness in any way
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Yes
    He's ALWAYS the one I bring against evasion bots, and now that Kabam has found favor in putting evasion mods on evasion bots, he's even better...plus his accelleration critical stacks is great
  • lilbeastielilbeastie Posts: 89
    Yes
    He is awesome in the right situation - but then so are all bots really.

When you stack up the crit damage boosts and land an SP2 he's deadly - and that's really easy to do when your opponent can't evade out of the way mid-combo. No other bot shuts down evasion so simply and quickly with a couple of ranged shots.

Only downside really is he's very lightweight, so make a mistake and he's toast. At least with BC you cause damage if you get hit and Bludgeon can take a few hits.