Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Heavy attack balance

Why is it, that bots like primal, ironhide, grimlock and a few others can fire a heavy that will hit you from across the screen, but bots like windblade and ramjet (which both turn into jets and fly into their opponents) have the shortest range of any heavy attack, even the bots that change into their alt car/truck form and drive into the opponent have a longer range then those that fly.... i seem to remember heavies being nerfed a while back, which on one hand is helpful when you want to bait the opponent with a faked heavy or just avoid a ranged attack, but when you should be close enough for a jet to fly into the opponent you come up short.... can we get some balance to the heavies please!!!

Comments

• that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Because WB has an invulnerable heavy and rj has a heavy that stuns the enemy if under burn. They are set to have a short heavy to compensate for the extra utility they bring.

All in all, it's for the sake of balance, and the heavies aren't even that short tbh.
  • BiomechronBiomechron Posts: 82
    edited May 2018
    With that reasoning, taken to it's extreme, the bots would just be identical copies with different skins. The bots have different abilities, stats and range to create variations in gameplay and the identity of the bots. It's all balanced through the bots other abilities. Windblade for instance, is instead a crit/bleed machine. Plus, speaking of her heavy, becomes immortal while her heavy is active. You could just as well complain that all the other bots lack the same immortality. It's a flawed argument.
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    Not asking for their heavies to be as long as a ranged heavy, but adding a “plane length” to it wouldnt make them any more op
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    WB used to have a long range heavy attack and it was shortened because it made her unbalanced. You could spam it repeatedly and easily stack bleeds without worrying about getting shot.
    I agree her heavy used to be a bit excessive, but as short as it is now, it could stand to be a tad longer
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Ramjet's heavy is useless, the AI dodges it 98% of the time and punishes you the instant your "unstoppable" fades. The fact that he depends on it to build momentum charges so he can actually deal Demo levels of damage just rubs salt in the wound.
    And with ranjet all the have to do to dodge his heavy is stand there 95% of the time..... because they are too far away anyway......
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited May 2018
    I personally don't see any issue in having some bots with "short" heavies.

Adds to the strategy of the fight, knowing when and where to use them.. I don't wanna go back to when bots like Mixmaster had amelee heavy attack that went clear across the entire screen.

Remember that?

It was le suck.

Way better the way it is now