Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Surprised at old device performance.. so here's a suggestion

ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
edited May 2018 in General Discussion
Wanted to weigh in on a huge surprise with regards to game performance on my ancient backup device, a Samsung Galaxy s5 Neo...

My Moto Z is getting repaired and I didn't even think this phone supported the game... But it does so I downloaded it. I fully expected it to run as smooth as a slideshow.... How mistaken I was!

Sure, the graphics are rudimentary and many of the effects, details, and particularly colours on heavy ranged attacks are extremely scaled down or missing...

But!!! The game runs BUTTERY SMOOTH on this old crapper and it doesn't overheat at all. I dunno what voodoo the dev team did to improve performance on old android devices but I am amazed.

This brings me to my suggestion. Dev team, you NEED to provide manual control of graphics settings. It's clear that the game correctly detected and adjusted detail to suit my device capabilities, but it is obviously not true for other devices... as evidenced by the constant complaints on the forums about crashing, poor input recognition, etc.

It ALL stems from devices getting taxed beyond safe limits by the automatic performance settings. It is clearly not calibrating properly across all devices. Devices overheat as a result, things get screwy, players get frustrated and quit or stop spending.

Please, give us manual control of detail settings. Even if it's a basic "low, better, medium, great, maximum" scale.

It will quite possibly save this game over the long run, and you will make many many players very happy, and clean the forums of a large portion of the repeated rants on this exact subject.

I know I asked a lot of you in making Waspinator an AM boss and you delivered :D:D:D ... Make this one happen as well. Your legions will once again thank you.

Peace.

Manthro

Comments

• VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    i second this
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited May 2018
    I had already suggested this and supported other threads in the past as well.

So far devs did nothing. Hope your's will gain traction.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited May 2018
    Davien wrote: »
    I had already suggested this and supported other threads in the past as well.

So far devs did nothing. Hope your's will gain traction.

For sure. This is by no means the first time this has been suggested, just thought I'd try and bring it back into the "most wanted features by players" list.

Would be, by far, the most impactful feature they could provide in the next update. More important than relic templates/loadouts, more important than revamped rewards, and dare I say.... Currently even more important than new content/game modes.

This should be top priority right now, in my opinion.
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    I agree with this.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    yeah this really needs to be done. I'm all for good graphics but not at the expense of game play and hot hands
  • Raptor22Raptor22 Posts: 111
    Chiming in the same thing: I've tried the game on my old iPad 3 and the graphics are primitive; no shadowing, no lighting, low on details, but BOY DOES THE GAME RUN GOOD!!! Game does not lag, DOES NOT HEAT UP, does not crash!

This confirms that the game can be played with lower graphics... it's just that there's no manual control over that.

Same game played on my iPhone 7 Plus, it heats up within a minute and I have to use (NO JOKE HERE) ice packs to keep the device cooled.

Please Kabam, please give us the option to lower the graphics so it avoids the device heating up and all. Enough with the "turn to the blind eye/silent treatment" already. This is an issue since Day One. We don't care who is at fault, but we just want a better user experience. And right now, you guys are not delivering that if the devices heat up to degrees where it literally too hot to hold. Please don't blame the devices because other games (that require a lot of graphics as well) do not heat up. And proof is there that the game can be played without heating up when the graphics are downgraded.

Your move Kabam.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I hear ya with the iphone 7 plus problem - I once had to finish my fights with my hands in the fridge - no joke. I posted a joke pic in the bugs section, but it was genuine enough
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    @Manthro ...is your MotoZ glitchy? I have one and it's been really wierd since I got it. The game runs fairly smooth but it really does wierd things in other apps, like YouTube at double speed and the bottom screen buttons just quit working.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    @Manthro ...is your MotoZ glitchy? I have one and it's been really wierd since I got it. The game runs fairly smooth but it really does wierd things in other apps, like YouTube at double speed and the bottom screen buttons just quit working.

Nah, mine is rock solid. Had it for two years since release, just had to replace the battery on it yesterday.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I've made this suggestion a few times as well, but this is great. There's actually some data, though anecdotal, but still solid. Thanks for sharing!
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    It really is infuriating.

Any bot with a mod on it (AM, Special Missions) causes my game to panic and lag like crazy. When an opponent activates a heavy or a special attack, my phone lags and catches up only to me getting beat down on. It makes it impossible dodge.

Using an iPhone 8.
  • splendicsplendic Posts: 56
    #1 Feature needed
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Less the Features ,Details etc,
    Less the Load on CPU and Ram
    I'm using the latest iPad Pro and I'm starting to see a lot more lag - which is a shame.
  • My birthday is coming up at the end of the month. This would be a fantastic present
    I was thinking about this and as much sense as this makes, I’m pretty sure this will never happen. If they did implement this, most, if not all, of us will immediately lower the settings so the game runs smoother on our devices.

Then the developers/designers will say, “Why did we spend 80% of the development making this nice eye candy when we could’ve just made it simpler and focused more on streamlining/bug fixing/optimizing the game?” (yeah, I threw that in there).

And the marketing guys will say, “Why do we have all this promotional/marketing material showing the great graphics of this game when everyone’s YouTube channel shows it with very basic graphics?”

Yeah, not going to happen.