Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Alliance Missions Update (May 31 2018) Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited May 2018
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Also, I’m curious why the map is still called Ancient Sanctum. When AS first came out, it was a completely new map from Shattered Lands so having a new name for the map fit.

This new AS map is also completely new from the old AS map. It’s not just a shuffling around of the bots (they did that with SL and understandably kept the name SL). Wondering why it wasn’t just giving a new name?

I’m sure there were alliances who were still on SL and were working their way to try some levels of AS. Now they don’t have the chance to try the original version of it.

If they give it a new name then they have to code new crystals and create a new reward structure for milestones, exploration and rank.

And nobody wants to try the old version. It's inferior.
  • Options
    Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Just call it map 4: the Zoological Garden.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Y2K wrote: »

That works.
  • Options
    Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580

I like The Jungle
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Voltron wrote: »
    Does the mini-bosses change as you move up in difficulty for Shattered Lands? The mini-bosses we've battled were Gal, Soudwave and Starscream - not the listed Grim, Wasp or Rhinox.

I may have had the wrong Minibosses... Let me check on that. But no, the Minibosses do not change!

Any update, it'd be nice to know before the AM starts today, thanks.
  • Options
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Does the mini-bosses change as you move up in difficulty for Shattered Lands? The mini-bosses we've battled were Gal, Soudwave and Starscream - not the listed Grim, Wasp or Rhinox.

I may have had the wrong Minibosses... Let me check on that. But no, the Minibosses do not change!

The Minibosses will be Optimus Primal, Rhinox, and Dinobot. I may have just had some outdated previous mini-bosses.
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

The Minibosses will be Optimus Primal, Rhinox, and Dinobot. I may have just had some outdated previous mini-bosses.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Commanders! We've just announced our latest refresh of Alliance Missions that will kick off this week! For a complete list of what to expect, including an entirely brand new design for Ancient Sanctum, check out this post here: http://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/5090/alliance-missions-update-its-time-for-the-beast-wars

About time the final boss has been changed. G1 Megatron overstayed his welcome.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Permanent 30 min timers gets brought up on mcoc and here enough to know that the mods always say they will never do it for various reasons.
  • Options
    BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    Buttehrs wrote: »
    Permanent 30 min timers gets brought up on mcoc and here enough to know that the mods always say they will never do it for various reasons.

The one thing I've learned playing both games is that the devs of Transformers listen to the feedback WAY more than the MCOC devs do. Both games complained about gold forever, TFTF removed it from AM costs and made it easier to obtain, MCOC occasionally gives a gold quest. Don't count out 30 minute timers just because it's always been a no in MCOC
  • Options
    LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    Bigbowlr wrote: »
    Buttehrs wrote: »

The one thing I've learned playing both games is that the devs of Transformers listen to the feedback WAY more than the MCOC devs do. Both games complained about gold forever, TFTF removed it from AM costs and made it easier to obtain, MCOC occasionally gives a gold quest. Don't count out 30 minute timers just because it's always been a no in MCOC

I agree, they always say how this game is different then MCOC so don’t give up hope.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Synthwave wrote: »
    Now would be a good time to bring up the 30 minute recharge timer again.

Lots of alliances have grown accustomed to the old map's slower, move at your own pace and wait until the other guys join up to take one node down, but this map brings back more of an emphasis on timezones rather than making sure you have 2 of your best guys in each BG.

EDIT: looking at section 2 right now. So the middle guy has to move only 3 nodes to get to Waspinator, but the other 4 outer lanes have to move 6 and 7 nodes. What's the guy in the middle supposed to do for 7 hours?

With AM energy refills now in alliance crystals would you guys just consider making the 30 minute timer thing a permanent feature of the game?

One guy takes the middle, and the other lanes split the difference. Ends up being a 4hr wait at most, since the linked nodes meet up on the two outer paths.

Not rocket science.

Having said that, 30 minute timers would be lovely.
  • Options
    DavienDavien Posts: 758
    please make Cheetor boss 1 easier.. u guys say it's suppose to be easy but he alone just wiped out my team member's BC and MV1 with just a few hits. This ain't easier but the opposite!!!
  • Options
    Davien wrote: »
    please make Cheetor boss 1 easier.. u guys say it's suppose to be easy but he alone just wiped out my team member's BC and MV1 with just a few hits. This ain't easier but the opposite!!!

It's new. Calm down.

Those aren't the best bots against Cheetor, but there's plenty of other ones that directly counter him.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I don't understand why they're just REPLACING map 3 while keeping 1&2 intact for so long. They might as well ADD this new one as map 4 (for those complaining the lack of collab) but leave map3 for those who cherish the freedom of taking one's own lane in their own pace without worrying about interlinks.

With map3 I may log in 3 times into the game and be done with it. Now this map is so intertwined that I have to stay online, on chat, to know when I can advance.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I don't understand why they're just REPLACING map 3 while keeping 1&2 intact for so long. They might as well ADD this new one as map 4 (for those complaining the lack of collab) but leave map3 for those who cherish the freedom of taking one's own lane in their own pace without worrying about interlinks.

With map3 I may log in 3 times into the game and be done with it. Now this map is so intertwined that I have to stay online, on chat, to know when I can advance.

You know what amazes me? Not a single person has commented how awesome it is an alliance can now 100% map 3 with up to 3 players missing.

This alone is why the new design is automatically superior to the old map 3.

This will help keep top alliances intact and raise the overall competition across all alliances. Recruiting will no longer be your alter ego.

More players are now motivated to push their limits because they don't always have to have a full alliance to do it.

Reduce player fatigue and overall attrition across the community.

You can take a weekend or two off and not have to feel guilty... Hell you don't even have to stress out the recruiter or even vacate your spot for a temp, FINALLY!

You also won't lose your progression/momentum if your alliance is short.

Brilliant move by Kabam.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    That I agree! 15 players to explore is cool but does it harm to keep another map? Perhaps nobody wants map1 but it's still there....
  • Options
    Now there are 83 nodes comparing to 74 nodes of the old map 3. If each bg have 5 people, each has to generate about 17 energy in average (taking into account when you hit 5/5 and stop recharging).

The remaining 7 hours, I sleep.

(Makes my day)
  • Options
    SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    manthro quit jabbin about wrong bots for cheetor, he kills r3 5* ape with a single combo.
    cheetor is obviously overpowered for a first miniboss in am, he is as strong as the master spotlight cheetor and in need of urgent nerfing and item reimbursement.
  • Options
    Sabugen wrote: »
    manthro quit jabbin about wrong bots for cheetor, he kills r3 5* ape with a single combo.
    cheetor is obviously overpowered for a first miniboss in am, he is as strong as the master spotlight cheetor and in need of urgent nerfing and item reimbursement.

Let me guess, you keep getting hit while he has feral strike active, so you think Primal isn't a good bot against him.

Avoid him when the buff is on and Primal shreds him to pieces.

Git gud.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

I easily took him down on my own with an r5 4* Drift, followed by a few extra hits with my r5 4* Primal.

Only reason I lost Drift is because I got cocky and relied a bit too heavily on his evade control.

No random argument here, I saw a complaint and trying to help players out from my experience. Don't see how I'm not providing constructive feedback.

Do you get tired of being wrong, ever? Or is it that you get tired of me being right?
  • Options
    Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Seriously there’s no point discussing about Cheetor when both of you are using R5 maxed forge bots but at vastly different levels.
  • Options
    SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87
    edited June 2018
    I for one think the new map is awesome! Much better than the previous! Cheetor isn’t that bad, I was able to take him out with a 4* r3 hot rod. If your complaining, you need more practice reading his movements. Case in point I’m prob not doing the difficulty level you there’s are. The map is designed for more teamwork, use teamwork to take him down.
  • Options
    TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    This map is definitely more challenging primal was a pain. But gotta learn how to fight him eventually...having a g1 meg would be cool. Thinking about bringing mirage this time to try and handle him better, thoughts?
  • Options
    This new map is way harder.. Sanctum. Kabam is being a hypocrite saying it's easier than the previous. Liars!!!
  • Options
    TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    To the Cheetor discussion I was able to down him with IH. But everyone has different tough bot match ups. Like for me primal and wasp. But I just have to practice more and ease up on the raging and bitching.
  • Options
    Totherkins wrote: »
    To the Cheetor discussion I was able to down him with IH. But everyone has different tough bot match ups. Like for me primal and wasp. But I just have to practice more and ease up on the raging and bitching.

Yea primal able to instantly shrug off any damage debuffs without the need of casting heavy.. Where did that skill came from?? It isn't even listed in his bot description! He suppose to have same mods as Megatron in previous Sanctum too! Intentionally making the final boss hard this way?
  • Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Part of it really is the D level you're doing and how the AI behaves at that level. At the level we're doing, with r5, fully forged 4 star bots you still have to get a perfect fight against Cheetor to even survive. One combo from him = death. A warrior bot with evasion-killing abilities is almost a must.
  • Options
    MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Kabam, you have to let us permanently remove Primal’s armor in AM, and yeah I know there’s armor break but even with that his buffs come back, or make him use his heavy more often.
    That fight was just a major pain, those who can manage will end up fighting the clock instead.

Here’s an idea, if there can be something that we as an alliance can do before every AM to give us some kind of one time use item per AM that can remove 1 armor buff per use, like doing a daily mission and each member gets this key item, and right before the boss fight everyone in the BG must use the item and it’ll cut either 6 armor buffs off or make his armor 60% weaker, and this boost should maybe last about 10-15mins for the group to defeat primal.