Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Obstructive visual flourishes

On more powerful devices (oddly, my iPad Pro loads them but my iPhone X does not), the game will load extra visual effects. This includes structures like monuments that are destructible.

These monuments are very obstructive, often covering one of the bots fighting. Naturally this is extremely distracting. Can they be removed?

Comments

• Options
    i can see iknightskys complaining aboutb this issue lmao
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I've noticed this also. Smoke stacks and buildings have totally blocked the fight for me
  • Options
    SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87
    I've always had to deal with this on my iPads. Are you saying that those signs, smoke etc etc aren't always there on other devices?...

If that's the case, that's a bit of a uneven playing field for players that don't have those obstructions to deal with and the ones that do. There's been lots of times it seems the bot purposely goes behind the smoke and then launches a ranged heavy which you can't react to since you couldn't see them initiate it.
  • Options
    JamzJamz Posts: 8
    SaYnT wrote: »
    I've always had to deal with this on my iPads. Are you saying that those signs, smoke etc etc aren't always there on other devices?...

If that's the case, that's a bit of a uneven playing field for players that don't have those obstructions to deal with and the ones that do. There's been lots of times it seems the bot purposely goes behind the smoke and then launches a ranged heavy which you can't react to since you couldn't see them initiate it.

Yup. When I play on iPad (which is better because of the larger screen) I have to work around these obstructions. Sometimes I’ll spam heavies to get rid of them.
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Yeah it can be a real issue. Lower end devices (and all android devices I believe) don't get these destructible doodads etc, and they should appreciate it, because as nice as the graphical effects are in this game, they are annoying, cause overheating and big power drain, so very counter productive for a little visual pleasure.
  • Options
    LouCypherLouCypher Posts: 111
    The added effects like smoke, bot damage, etc, cause big problems when fighting in the city map.. the lag/slowdown can really make the difference between a win or loss when fighting an expert or master level spotlight boss.
    Devs: please add an option to disable these added graphics in higher end devices so we can switch them off on crucial matches.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Yeah it can be a real issue. Lower end devices (and all android devices I believe) don't get these destructible doodads etc, and they should appreciate it, because as nice as the graphical effects are in this game, they are annoying, cause overheating and big power drain, so very counter productive for a little visual pleasure.

Unfortunately, this is only the workaround. I've been asking for an option to disable this, but it seems they've added signs and light posts to the mix now. And you can't even destroy those as they're outside the ring.
  • Options
    TKOTKO Posts: 246
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious This is a serious problem and I know many people have complaints about this. I am not sure why you guys think its such a great idea to keep throwing more things in our face while we are trying to fight. Heck, why not just throw advertisement banners across the screen too while you're at it.

The game performance is already poor. You guys need to reconsider this and remove all the unnecessary scenery and obstructions from the fights. Maybe that will even reduce a little bit of the lag we have all been complaining about for a year.