Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

I just had a stupid idea that'll probably never be added.

Combiners. "But PhatBoy, combiners are too big for FTF!" and Ridley's too big for smash, bite me. Combiners could A: Have their own questline/story, and arena fights with combiners or anything like that, B: be a special 4 for any member of the team after collecting the teammates, or C: Both. Having a combiner storyline would pretty fun if you ask me, though extremely unlikely. having them as a special 4 would be a cool way to incorporate them, but underwhelming, doing both would be sufficient and possibly bring in more players and increase the size of the fanbase, the game is already fun, and this is an idiotic suggestion, but I'd like to make it anyways.

Comments

• CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    At some point, they'll pretty much HAVE to implement Combiners somehow, but I think it'll be more along the lines of a super-synergy. Get five Constructicons on a team and they activate the "Prepare for Devastation!" Synergy which grants every team member a handful of buffs and replaces their S3 with the formation of Devastator, who then goes to town on the poor opponent.
    At least, that's how I'd do it.
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    That's an amazing idea too, it's just leaving the combiners out severely hinders some of the joy for people like me, just watching my enemies get demolished is hilarious, and combiners would do it for me XD
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    It's not outside the realm of possibility, but an idea that, if it comes to fruition, will be about 2-3 years into the game if I had to guess.

You collect all the bots for that particular combiner's gestalt and then that unlocks a Combiner game mode where you can earn more rewards by fighting other combiners. Would also be a great opportunity to develop Combiner-exclusive arena backgrounds with scaled back buildings in the background to show off the size of them better.

It'd be a great money-maker for them. Instead of sparks you'd have pieces of the Enigma of Combination that you'd have to earn and once you have that and all the bots, you can unlock the combiner.
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    But which constructicons would you want to see movie or g1? We already have mixmaster and bonecrusher crom the movies.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    ugh, I'd hate to sacrifice a combiner to the Bayverse, but if it will appease Bayfans (are there any?) I'd accept a Bayverse Devastator into the TFTF fold if it meant Menasor, Superion, Bruticus, and Defensor could come over and play.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Combiner could added after 2/3/4 years, when all bruticus devastator vitorion skyreign superion bots are available
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I'm perfectly willing to wait, I don't think Kabam is gonna let this die any time soon
  • i know this is a stupid idea but they could just add combiners but shrink them yes i know this is a stupid idea but im just throwing it out there
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    You’re right. Kabam will never add this kind of content, they need to focus on rehashing existing contents, creating weekly objectives, hourly objectives, yearly objectives, boosted raids, another________challenge, etc

Remember, say NO to new game modes with different combat tactics
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    You’re right. Kabam will never add this kind of content, they need to focus on rehashing existing contents, creating weekly objectives, hourly objectives, yearly objectives, boosted raids, another________challenge, etc

Remember, say NO to new game modes with different combat tactics

Yearly Objectives?
    You must be kidding, right?