Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bot controls are so messed up (please fix)

Blazinhobbs3Blazinhobbs3 Posts: 10
edited June 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Ok ive contacted the support team already no response and all other issues ive ever had the support team was as helpful as a log. I dont know what you guys did to the movements of the bots, i think it was like 2 or 3 updates ago you messed with it and ive been having so many issues with my bot just not moving he just gets stuck there while trying to dash in after ranged attacks and i will click to sidestep and they run forward, click forward they dash backwards or just don't move at all. I know its not my device ive talked to many people having same issues. Please guys really fix this the way it used to be i cant count the number of times it has screwed me over i used to fight so well and smooth and fluid movements now its not even a fair fight sometimes.
Tagged:

Comments

• BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    I have been experiencing a lot of unresponsiveness too lately. Often when I try to sidestep or dash, the game would fail to register the command and just have my bot stand still altogether (only for me to get hit).

And this is something that has been around since beta, but can we make it so that when we’re in the middle of a ranged attack combo that sidestepping isn’t delayed? Very tedious, my dudes.
  • I thought my tablet screen was messed up for a while til others said they experience the same thing. I mean it is absolutely terrible sometimes more then others like literally makes me not wanna play if i cant fight a fair fight and move fluently and my bot do what i command it to do.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Just out of curiosity, have you tried turning off "auto-rotate" or the accelerometer for your device?

Might help, worth a shot.
  • Manthro wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, have you tried turning off "auto-rotate" or the accelerometer for your device?

i can turn off auto rotate but idk what accelerometer is or how to turn off lol. I seriously doubt it helps anyways bro it something kabam did a couple updates ago dont ask me why theres a need to mess with stuff thats not broken and end up breaking it
  • SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87
    Manthro wrote: »

When playing on an iPad that's stationary on a desk, those sensors shouldn't have any impact on the delays, and yet I experience it all the time.
  • I use a ASUS zenpad8 version 7.0 through Verizon
  • CoolAsiceCoolAsice Posts: 29
    @Blazinhobbs3 you're right it started some 3 updates ago, and people have complained earnestly on the forums yet kabam has refused to sort it out. This has also forced a very skilled member who never really used items, to quit the game cos he was not gonna be exploited by kabam into spending on items.
    Also it seems it gets worse each update.
  • @CoolAsice I dont blame you im very close to uninstalling the game it just runs like complete trash now. Im leaving my alliance ive been with forever bacause of this issue i cant fight fairly and get ko when i used to not use items in AM at higher difficulty. This issue is especially bad against these increased ranged damage mods cuz i sidestep but runs straight into their heavy attack and ko one shot like why do i wanna play this its such a joke i literally just cant help but laugh sometimes its so ridiculous. I guarantee its meant to be that way though and will not get fixed.
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    Yup. Sluggish unresponsive controls here, too.
    Getting progressively worse as time goes on.

iPhone 8
    iOS 11.3.1
  • Jacko1211Jacko1211 Posts: 37
    @Kabam Spark @Kabam Nydeon @Kabam Miike @Kabam Rimehaven @Kabam Tenebrous @Kabam Kavs

Hear our cry's please please provide us with some form of aknowledgement that this is actually being looked into rather than assuming its local to peoples devices? Surely if so many people are complaining (advising) that this is an issue. I personally would go as far as saying i would rather have the issue fixed than any new content.

Pointless pumping loads of content into the game and having issues.

Just my opinion.

• Hey All,

We have not made any changes to the game that would affect Gameplay, or controls. What this sounds like is a performance issue, though I could be wrong. Could you please let us know your Device Model Number, and the OS that you are experiencing these issues on? Also, if this is happening after playing the game for a set period of time, or if this happens on a fresh boot?

We can take a look into why this might be occurring if we have more information.
  • BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    Hey All,

We have not made any changes to the game that would affect Gameplay, or controls. What this sounds like is a performance issue, though I could be wrong. Could you please let us know your Device Model Number, and the OS that you are experiencing these issues on? Also, if this is happening after playing the game for a set period of time, or if this happens on a fresh boot?

We can take a look into why this might be occurring if we have more information.

iPhone 6s Plus

Device Model Number: A1687

• Jacko1211Jacko1211 Posts: 37
    Hey All,

iPhone x
    Device model MQAC2B/A
    Latest ios 11.4

For me personally Happens majority of the time. I play it a fair amount on several different networks now i can understand it being less responsive on mobile data for example or on restricted wifi's. However at home there is no reason the wifi network would be the cause. perhaps as you sad device performance, i know personally some of the people with iPhone x's are suffering from overall performance issues which could be having an affect.

It's significantly got worse since the last update, it was relatively fine before this update imo.

Hope this info helps.
  • RabhasRabhas Posts: 5
    Hey All,

iPhone X
    iOS 11.4 (but was happening under 11.2 as well)

Since I started playing a few months ago the game has sometimes been unresponsive to input occassionally. The more troubling glitches are when it secretly swaps the left and right sides (for controlling, not visually) and trying to block makes me fire a range shot or swiping down makes me dash into oncoming fire. There are also a couple dead zones in the UI where tapping does nothing but i've just sort of learned to avoid them at this point.
  • BobnfloydBobnfloyd Posts: 31
    edited June 2018
    I've been playing since about June of last year and the inputs have gotten noticibly worse for me. Lots of input lag or mistaken input e.g. dash when I try to block. I will also block super early and my bot stands there and then literally (and I'm not exaggerating) seconds later takes a special 2.

Samsung S8+ Oreo 8.1
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited June 2018
    Hey All,

iPhone 8.
    iOS 11.3.1

Clearly though, there has been changes. Something your developers are doing is affecting the controls of the game and causing major lag, especially during AM or expert/master special missions. Wherever there’s a mod on the bot, the game runs like crap. The game ran flawlessly when I got the phone a few months ago. Each time the game gets updated, and after each special mission update in the middle of the month, it gets worse. I have to auto-battle everything now, because it’s so choppy and unresponsive.
  • Hey All,

you're kidding me right? I remember a couple updates ago you guys said you were fixing something with the combat because things were happening that aren't supposed to be. Now it's nothing but things that aren't supposed to happen its really getting ridiculous man im so sick of it, i cant even fight fairly anymore when i used to do so well and enjoyed playing. Its clearly not the device because everyone i talk to on multiple different devices experience the same issue like why even play this bullcrap. I used to spend money on here too but i promise you i will never put another dime into this until its fixed. Its so frustrating because i love the game ive put so much time and effort to get where im at but feel like its been a waste now. Please @Kabam Miike talk to the team you gotta rewrite the entire framework of this game or something man idk whats going on but never used to be like this its just so bad
  • Blazinhobbs3Blazinhobbs3 Posts: 10
    edited June 2018
    ASUS zenpad z8 version 7.0 is my device @Kabam Miike if it helps hopefully it does
  • WraithWraith Posts: 34
    Samsung Galaxy S8 exynos with android 8.0 here. The control becomes unresponsive especially with bot that has many mods.

Also sometimes my bot sidesteps out of nowhere when i tap the right side of my screen to attack
  • Yep same happens to me everything that everybody is explaining its not our devices. I cant play this anymore if i cant fight properly in the most difficult content sometimes at the start of the fight i literally cant move and fighting 15k bots in master you're pretty much dead instantly its just stupid and not enjoyable
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Mine had its share of hiccups, but it really nosedived when I updated to the newest version of Android a few days ago. My framerate is choppy pretty much all the time now, to the point that I dunno how much help I'll be in AM this week. On the plus side, it hasn't force closed on me once since my phone updated.
  • RabhasRabhas Posts: 5
    To add to my previous reply, over the past 3 days my game has now started dropping animation frames. Even when it's the only app running on my phone, and my phone is not overheated at all. The animation will suddenly stop and then jump a few frames, usually resulting in me dropping a combo or eating a special or something.

For me, this is entirely new. I'd had the animation get laggy before but not totally stop and then skip frames before.
  • CoolAsiceCoolAsice Posts: 29
    @Kabam Miike this is nothing to do with performance issues, the game was running okay on my device few months ago, the issue I experienced were just bots dashing in on their own while blocking, however with every update I keep seeing more and more issues like attacking instead of dashing back when bots like MM charge me, range shots passing through bots, doing combos with the AI standing there not taking damage lagging or dashing forward whenever the AI procs a special and more. Right now during AM is the worst, after a minute during a fight my bots start sidestepping and doing heavy attacks on their own non stop till either I the bot is k.od,I restart or pause for a while
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    So besides the unreliable dash-in, now my backstepping has become sporadic too. Yippie. Fun times. Great game.