Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Jazz Lieutenants Synergy Changes

Wow thanks for all your patience regarding some of the issues with Jazz's Synergy. We've pushed a fix that should be live shortly!

For all you that are worried about the strength of the synergy changing, rest easy, it will cap at 30 stacks. That was against my better judgment, but the Balance Team here convinced me that Jazz was both important enough, and that his synergy required enough skill to let this number stand and to overwrite the original value of 10. Celebrate the Balance Team.

- Concord
Tagged:

Comments

• kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Thanks @Kabam Concord but what about some comment on his sig. It’s completely counterintuitive to confusion. It’s almost never going to cause the enemy to drop below a special bar when the point of confusion is to cause them to use a special. This was really poor design. His sig is good but relate it to something else or make it a smaller percentage and permanent. Lots of potential in Jazz but it feels like different people stitched him together.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    The Balance Team is correct on this, IMO. Unless you're just noodling around for fun, there will hardly ever be a reason to get to try and get to 30 stacks.

What does concern me though is that his sig still feels mismatched with his first 2 specials and the stun for 1 second feels kinda tacked on. It all just feels incongruous to me, like there's aspects of him that are fighting with each other.

I'd like the following suggestions to at least be considered:

1. Signature: Allow the 1 second stun to at least be a dynamic stat instead of a static one (why is 1 second even highlighted a different color in his sig anyway if it doesn't change with sig level? I thought that was the purpose of highlighting the stats, to show that they change). As his sig stands right now, I just can't think of an incentive to want to even dupe this guy past 5. There's just no reason to.

2. Change something about his sp1 or just lengthen the overall confusion debuff time from a heavy. 6 seconds isn't long enough to land an sp1 on an opponent. And if you're absolutely insistent upon keeping it this way for some reason, then at least raise the chance of each hit to stun from 20% to 40%. I guarantee players are only successfully landing this heavy + sp1 maybe once per fight. As it stands now, I don't even touch his sp1.

3. Change something about his sp2. The fact that it does the exact same thing as his heavy also makes me skip his sp2 altogether; there's just simply no need to use it. If you can accomplish the same exact thing by using a heavy, why would you even consider wasting a special to do what a heavy does? I'd almost consider the change of raising the time limit of confusion from 6 seconds to 12 seconds, but even that feels unnecessary as they usually force their specials out in under 6 seconds anyway. I suppose the longer duration to power drain them could be nice, but I'd really prefer something else altogether different from what his heavy attack does. And I guess you can feel free to keep the sp3 lock thing but unless the dev team can furnish a video of Jazz actually using this the way it's supposed to be used, I just don't think this scenario even exists in the game. How does a bot reach sp3 during a 6 second power drain?

Ability and special-wise everything else is great about him, but please consider addressing these 3 areas. He's just kind of a Frankenstein's monster bot at this point with parts that are often working against each other instead of for each other.

I wouldn't complain if a Blaster/Jazz synergy ever made it's way into the game either. ;)
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    You mean the actual limit is 10 stacks? I've watched iNightskies' video.fighting in ROK and he managed to stack to 31 already. So what you do is nerfing him, right?
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    It's capped at 30 stacks.
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Well, knowing Kabam, we know any nerf is swift and decisive. Pointed out or not.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Thanks Kabam & most importantly thanks for the rat who notified you.
    I only wish that you fix issues effects the players as fast as you fix issues effects you.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Synthwave wrote: »
    The Balance Team is correct on this, IMO. Unless you're just noodling around for fun, there will hardly ever be a reason to get to try and get to 30 stacks.

What does concern me though is that his sig still feels mismatched with his first 2 specials and the stun for 1 second feels kinda tacked on. It all just feels incongruous to me, like there's aspects of him that are fighting with each other.

1. Signature: Allow the 1 second stun to at least be a dynamic stat instead of a static one (why is 1 second even highlighted a different color in his sig anyway if it doesn't change with sig level? I thought that was the purpose of highlighting the stats, to show that they change). As his sig stands right now, I just can't think of an incentive to want to even dupe this guy past 5. There's just no reason to.

2. Change something about his sp1 or just lengthen the overall confusion debuff time from a heavy. 6 seconds isn't long enough to land an sp1 on an opponent. And if you're absolutely insistent upon keeping it this way for some reason, then at least raise the chance of each hit to stun from 20% to 40%. I guarantee players are only successfully landing this heavy + sp1 maybe once per fight. As it stands now, I don't even touch his sp1.

3. Change something about his sp2. The fact that it does the exact same thing as his heavy also makes me skip his sp2 altogether; there's just simply no need to use it. If you can accomplish the same exact thing by using a heavy, why would you even consider wasting a special to do what a heavy does? I'd almost consider the change of raising the time limit of confusion from 6 seconds to 12 seconds, but even that feels unnecessary as they usually force their specials out in under 6 seconds anyway. I suppose the longer duration to power drain them could be nice, but I'd really prefer something else altogether different from what his heavy attack does. And I guess you can feel free to keep the sp3 lock thing but unless the dev team can furnish a video of Jazz actually using this the way it's supposed to be used, I just don't think this scenario even exists in the game. How does a bot reach sp3 during a 6 second power drain?

Ability and special-wise everything else is great about him, but please consider addressing these 3 areas. He's just kind of a Frankenstein's monster bot at this point with parts that are often working against each other instead of for each other.

I wouldn't complain if a Blaster/Jazz synergy ever made it's way into the game either. ;)

This relates to what I've been saying. If you tie his sig to something else, like his crit buff then you can strategize using confusion vs. power draining. Confusion and the power drain do not work together. You could even create a buff from specials similar to Hot Rod that could work with the power drain and increase the percentage of drain dramatically thereby making it a timed type of buff.

Since confusion also applies an attack debuff there are a couple of potential adjustments that could be made:

1. Special 1 isn't terrible to me if Special 2 gets adjusted
    2. Special 2 is one of the worst and needs something different. Perhaps apply confusion for 10-12 seconds and/or give it a chance to stun, maybe based of crit buffs. You could also make it so confusion doesn't expire when the enemy special is used. Similar to other bots that apply the same debuff but for longer when using a special. Special 2 could even use something like Deceleration. As it stands it's junk.

I assume the S2 locking s3 is to prevent s3 and then work with his sig to force s2 instead but that is a lot of set up and likely pretty rare. Could be more effective if the s2 confusion duration is increased.

I agree that Jazz seems like he was pieced together by different Devs. The sig and confusion really seem to work in opposition and I'm not sure how that even made it through unless someone can really explain a strategy as it's designed.

• Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    It's strange to flag the person who notified Kabam about this issue on the forums, doesn't that bring that issue to Kabam's attention, increasing the chance of Jazz getting nerfed?
  • JameybotJameybot Posts: 8
    Why is it that the “lieutenants 4 synergy” for OGprime paired with prowl and jazz, which is supposed to be 8% attack and armor, don’t stack? They should stack in my opinion, but right now you can only get the buff from one or the other.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Jameybot wrote: »
    Why is it that the “lieutenants 4 synergy” for OGprime paired with prowl and jazz, which is supposed to be 8% attack and armor, don’t stack? They should stack in my opinion, but right now you can only get the buff from one or the other.

You sure they don't stack because they are passive effects and might not come in our attention.
    See images below, I added the lieutenants and as you can see only one of them will effect prime

kabdq0d1n4vc.png
    qm9374qqrtll.png
    uxmyb5lm2jym.png
    l2spjjvj4bz4.png
    wbnmp41zfypz.png
    edited June 2018
    See images below, I added the lieutenants and as you can see only one of them will effect prime

qm9374qqrtll.png

Oh, man!!! see his details, he has synergies with jazz and prowl under single heading of lieutenants.
    If have only jazz there , there'll be tick on jazz, not prowl.
    If you have only prowl, he'll have tick on only prowl,not jazz
    if you have both there'll be ticks on both.
    To understand better, click on the synergies arrows while selecting team, you can click twice toggle between to see active incoming and outgoing synergies.
    SparkShredder, then why is it that every time I add a swordmaster to my lineup there rating continues to increase for each one that I add?
  • NightgauntNightgaunt Posts: 178
    @Kabam Concord Do you guys have any response to the criticism about the lack of a synergy between Jazz and Blaster? It's been mentioned in a few different threads - it was one of the first replies on the spotlight mission post and got loads of agrees, and there were lots of complaints about Blaster's synergies in his month, so I'd hoped there'd be a reply from someone about that.
    SparkShredder, then why is it that every time I add a swordmaster to my lineup there rating continues to increase for each one that I add?

Because they have incoming from different bots but if you see they send outgoing in one go
    When a bot sends same outgoing to different bot, it shows how many synergies it's sending.
    While it shows count from how many bots you are getting synergies
  • Synthwave wrote: »

I totally agree with Synthwave on this. As a Scout Jazz needs more power and this is not enough. His Signature is totally not useful. Please increase his Stun seconds to 4 seconds or confusion seconds to 12 seconds. Please listen to us on this regards. I have never requested about any bots and Kabam knows our request totally makes sense. Look at my Jazz signature level and he is still not worthy.
  • itg3rvwtz8da.jpg

My unworthy Jazz even with SIG 42:( Please look into this Kabam. Expecting a positive response from you guys.
    @Banger_Bala if you are. Saying despite that high sign/forge level his PI is not so high.Let me tell you PI doesn't tell the real strength of bot. It all depends on your usage. Once you get used to weak bot and master it, it can become the most lethal bot in your team paired with correct synergies
  • Banger_BalaBanger_Bala Posts: 9
    edited July 2018
    @SparkShredder I am good at finishing the high level AM boss even with mixmaster or any other worst bot you ever noticed. I am not here to complain. I came here to share or suggest a improvement point for Jazz. If they do it, I will be happy to bring the change. If not, I will just move on. Moreover, I am currently using Jazz in my AM team & still love him, especially in the power lanes. His OG synergy does magic and I am very happy about that but expect a little more with his Signature alone which will also make lot of other players happy & consider taking him to a higher signature level too for a scout. Just another happy gamer's 2 cents.