Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Mirage Seeking Bullets

I've noticed this in the past in other game modes but never really spent any time thinking about it. It wasn't until I faced Mirage on the 4* path in 3.1 that I noticed how handcuffed you become. It happened several times in that fight where Mirage fires 2 bullets, and I would move to evade the shots. The first shot would whistle by like it should after evading but for some reason the second bullet would still hit me?? When the bot has 400% damage and can take you down with only a few ranged shots, this quickly becomes a nightmare!

I don't see anywhere on Mirage's profile that specifies this behaviour and I didn't see anything other than increased damage and speed on the mod, so why is that even happening? I've noticed this in the past with Arcee on occasion as well, but no other bots.

Comments

• asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    I've noticed this in am as well. I thought I just sucked at evading so I never really complained but I swear he does this and does it often, and he's the only bot that can do it. And I don't think he does it in all game modes.
  • TKOTKO Posts: 246
    This usually happens after his special 1 is activated. With his range buff the speed of the bullets tend to follow you and because the way the AI is programmed, they will triple tap the range attacks with that buff activated and you will get shot if you only sidestep once.

So basically you need to sidestep twice in the same direction or if you are using WB you can heavy when he shoots and hope it dodges all of the bullets. Or bum rush Mirage and hope you can get him a bunch of times until his buff ends.
  • SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87
    TKO wrote: »
    This usually happens after his special 1 is activated. With his range buff the speed of the bullets tend to follow you and because the way the AI is programmed, they will triple tap the range attacks with that buff activated and you will get shot if you only sidestep once.

So basically you need to sidestep twice in the same direction or if you are using WB you can heavy when he shoots and hope it dodges all of the bullets. Or bum rush Mirage and hope you can get him a bunch of times until his buff ends.

That's much easier said than done, with input lags and the speed the bullets fly at. If you are able to evade twice without getting hit, you'll be most likely be close enough where you're open for a combo. I guess it's just another poor choice of Bot & Mod combo where you're setup to fail.

There should be some kind of documentation somewhere that this is desired behaviour with this S1 if that's the case.
  • TKOTKO Posts: 246
    SaYnT wrote: »
    TKO wrote: »

That's much easier said than done, with input lags and the speed the bullets fly at. If you are able to evade twice without getting hit, you'll be most likely be close enough where you're open for a combo. I guess it's just another poor choice of Bot & Mod combo where you're setup to fail.

There should be some kind of documentation somewhere that this is desired behaviour with this S1 if that's the case.

Yea its definitely tough to get around it. This also happens with Arcee though. When I fight Mirage, I usually do it with WB and I'm usually fighting very fast and I try to constantly heavy and then rush in with hits and repeat. I try to make sure I push him into his S2 whenever possible because as we can all see, having him use an S1 can be deadly.
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    In order to make the bullets travel faster, the shooting motion is accelerated as well. Therefore, when the second shot is registered, it recalibrates the trajectory based on where you sidestep to.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2018

This is a ridiculous request. If they had to list all the nuances of every single little thing in the game, the Info sheet on every bot would be a mile long.

Use your head a bit. Ranged attack animation is sped up when these buffs are active, not just the ranged speed.

As a result, the recovery time after each basic ranged attack is shorter. This means the AI can track you with successive bursts.

I don't understand why there is so much... Pedantism...? Regarding bot skills and how they interact inside the game.

Yeah, ok... Wanting to know the percentages of armor and resistance and how they correlate... Sure... But to ask that every bot has each specific interaction from every buff and skill described in minutae on their info sheet. Come on people.

Just accept that some things are ranged melee attacks, others can speed up attacks to track you mid sidestep, and that Manthro is almost always right.
  • Basically what you gotta do is sidestep twice, then do heavy attack in order to keep him from rushing at you...? Am i getting this right??
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    All you have to do is keep sidesteping and count till he's shot three ranged and counter attack
    Why is @TKO behind bars? :D
  • SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87
    Manthro wrote: »

This is a ridiculous request. If they had to list all the nuances of every single little thing in the game, the Info sheet on every bot would be a mile long.

Use your head a bit. Ranged attack animation is sped up when these buffs are active, not just the ranged speed.

As a result, the recovery time after each basic ranged attack is shorter. This means the AI can track you with successive bursts.

I don't understand why there is so much... Pedantism...? Regarding bot skills and how they interact inside the game.

Yeah, ok... Wanting to know the percentages of armor and resistance and how they correlate... Sure... But to ask that every bot has each specific interaction from every buff and skill described in minutae on their info sheet. Come on people.

Just accept that some things are ranged melee attacks, others can speed up attacks to track you mid sidestep, and that Manthro is almost always right.

Thank you for your infinite wisdom Manthro. If you really have nothing constructive or helpful to contribute why do you even bother replying? I've noticed that the animation of the ranged weapons being deployed and put away is also faster with the mod as you mentioned, but why is that ok? The mod should be bullets only, not deploying the weapon if you want to be specific.

The fact of the matter, which I may not have mentioned, is it's not always putting the gun away and redeploy for the bot to re-aim. I totally understand that if the bot puts the weapon away and redeploys to fire a new shot the targeting will be back on you again. But this isn't always the case, firing a couple consecutive shots without putting the weapon away is what I'm referring to.
    Manthro wrote: »

Thank you for your infinite wisdom Manthro. If you really have nothing constructive or helpful to contribute why do you even bother replying? I've noticed that the animation of the ranged weapons being deployed and put away is also faster with the mod as you mentioned, but why is that ok? The mod should be bullets only, not deploying the weapon if you want to be specific.

The fact of the matter, which I may not have mentioned, is it's not always putting the gun away and redeploy for the bot to re-aim. I totally understand that if the bot puts the weapon away and redeploys to fire a new shot the targeting will be back on you again. But this isn't always the case, firing a couple consecutive shots without putting the weapon away is what I'm referring to.

It's right as @Manthro said...
    But it must as YOU said...
    It MOD should say,, "Increased ranged speed and damage, no reload"
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    same happens with Arcee as well, just so you don't have to get caught by that and make a theead.

May also happen with Starscream

always after ranged buff off sp1 and on a ranged buff node.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    It's right as @Manthro said...
    But it must as YOU said...
    It MOD should say,, "Increased ranged speed and damage, no reload"

I think it's probably just the way it's coded. The bot movement and attack are one sequence. So when the attack is sped up, it affects everything, including the cool down period. However, I think most games are the way it is currently.
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    edited June 2018
    Evidence that these two motions are coded together: Blaster slows your bullet speed and reload at the same time.