Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Why does MV1's kill hit doesn't repair when bleeding?

as the title.
Tagged:

Comments

• WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    Because its the last hit of the fight, same as if the opponent fires a ranged that hits after they get kod it doesnt do any damage. Ratchet doesnt heal if the second hit from his sp2 kos the opponent
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    makes no sense. mv1 repairs from damage given. i give damage i expect repair.
    ratchet seems unreasonable too. needs to repair.
  • BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    Sabugen wrote: »

Yeah, I find it annoying sometimes when I finish off a fight with Ratchet’s special 2 and he doesn’t end up repairing :/
    I feel the same way, but it kind of makes sense the foght is over technically, but i have also had moments where i was fighting mm, kod him and had the ko pop up on the screen and he still fired his sp3 and killed me
    yea the fight is over but the action was delivered before the fight was over, its what finished the fight.. mv1 l1 especially when ur low on hp does so much damage it can delete 75% of a 10k bot so if u aim for the bleed and it doesnt repair its frustratish
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I've often wondered about this. If he finishes with a special that's a substantial amount of health he could be repairing.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    The moment a bot is KOd, all abilities become inactive.

Has always been this way.
    Tyberious wrote: »
    If they change MV2 Prime then they would have to fix Rachet, all Sharkticons, and any other bots that heal with attacks. Also, they would need to consider changing Masteries that heal.

I guess they better get on it then!
    shouldnt excuse logical malfunctions with laziness guys lol
  • Ratchet doesn't trigger the heal until after the sp2 is over so if opponent is ko it shouldn't be granted... mv1 however is supposed to gain health when taking health. The health taken in a kill shot is still taken so health should be gained imo. Always bugged me as well but not a big deal to me. I try to end with a combo rather than a special or heavy so i gain more
    Ratchet doesn't trigger the heal until after the sp2 is over so if opponent is ko it shouldn't be granted... mv1 however is supposed to gain health when taking health. The health taken in a kill shot is still taken so health should be gained imo. Always bugged me as well but not a big deal to me. I try to end with a combo rather than a special or heavy so i gain more

healing is part of the sp2, not when its over.
  • StealthIsDeWaeStealthIsDeWae Posts: 45
    edited June 2018

Yeah its pretty annoying, but it is what it is. Once the bot is KO’d then all buffs (and debuffs) become inactive, the way it always did
    If you fire an sp and it is going to ko the opponent i have noticed all buffs become inactive as soon as you fire it.... youre actually better off with certain bots not finishing the opponent off with an sp that would heal them but leaving a little of their health and then killing them after your bot has healed... the exception to that is mm he still takes damage even when he kos the opponent with his sp3
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Specifically, all the hits after the killing blow are "flat". Like if you trigger IH's obliteration SP2 and the enemy dies on missile 2, you'll not see the should-be-impressive missile 5.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Ratchet doesn't trigger the heal until after the sp2 is over so if opponent is ko it shouldn't be granted... mv1 however is supposed to gain health when taking health. The health taken in a kill shot is still taken so health should be gained imo. Always bugged me as well but not a big deal to me. I try to end with a combo rather than a special or heavy so i gain more

healing is part of the sp2, not when its over.

What used to bug me was that you'd still see the blue-ish glow around Ratchet for the heal during his victory post, but no heal.
  • Hey All,

This is to do with the how the game's system works. The Damage dealt is calculated/applied before any other effects of the attack, and as soon as a fight is over (you or your opponent hits 0 hp), all calculations are ceased. So the killing blow that would have healed you (Ratchet's SP2, Kickback's SP3, Optimus Prime MV1's Willpower) does not get factored in, because the fight is already over.

You can also see this in Special 3 attacks where you opponent is KO'd while there are still more "attacks" to finish. Any Buffs or Debuffs will disappear before the Animation is over.