Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

More overheating leading to lagging and freezing. Unplayable (iPhone 8)

iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
edited May 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Every since the Cheetor mission update came through last Thursday, the game has been running horribly again. This is as bad as it was on my iPhone 6.

Phone gets REALLY hot, the game freezes (for 2-3+ seconds) during fights, general lag/low FPS, and unresponsive/sluggish controls.

Seems to be happening mostly in AM (map 3) and higher levels of the Cheetor mission (expert/master).

iPhone 8
iOS 11.3.1

Comments

• Frugalli88Frugalli88 Posts: 148
    Having the same issues with iPhone 6 Plus.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Same unresponsive controls with iPad Pro and iPhone 6 Plus
  • This happens on my iPhone X as well. Seems to heat up slower if auto-fighting, but once it gets too hot you have to quit the game and let the phone cool then its normal. In some causes I found simply just pausing it for a bit helps too.
  • MeatShield72MeatShield72 Posts: 141
    having same issue with my iPhone 7. Gets way too hot, and when this happens major lag occurs, and drains the battery even faster than before.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited May 2018
    have u guys tried to backup your game data (using Kabam login), then uninstall + reinstall the game? It helps clear the game cache and makes the overall file size much smaller. Hence, fixing many odd issues in the process also (could be due to clash of files in the game?). Try it, notice it helps. I usually do so after 2 updates. Pushing past that will start notice heavy lag and crashes in the game, or some oddball issues cropping up.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited May 2018
    thanks @Davien. I'll give that a try.

With my Android, I can manually clear the cache/memory (though I've been getting more miss-commands since the update) but on the Iphone, you have to wait for the OS to clear and it tends to do it later than sooner. It's easier to just break the app when the lag starts (or after the lag fight) and restart it. I always restart the app before each raid and before I begin a AM pass.

iphone 6+
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Voltron wrote: »
    thanks @Davien. I'll give that a try.

With my Android, I can manually clear the cache/memory (though I've been getting more miss-commands since the update) but on the Iphone, you have to wait for the OS to clear and it tends to do it later than sooner. It's easier to just break the app when the lag starts (or after the lag fight) and restart it. I always restart the app before each raid and before I begin a AM pass.

iphone 6+

iPhone 6+ isn't good enough for this game imo.. my previous phone was an iPhone 6S and it lagged seriously bad.

upgrade to an 8+ if you plan to play this game long. Totally worth the money. I'm anti iPhone X hence why I suggest 8+ XD
  • HumpyhampsterHumpyhampster Posts: 262
    I’m having the same problems as the OP. iPhone 8+
    I don’t bother posting much in this section any more. It just seems to be redundant and a waste of time. This set of issues has been going on for a looooooong time. It’s getting old
  • WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    The game devs give me the impression that they don't care about you the customer, just your money.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Can we get someone to look into this? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
  • I don't have too much of a heating problem, but it still crashes every other fight for me, mostly in the story mode (every fight, there). AM crashes are costing me major amounts of health loss. It wasn't so bad when my bots were low level, but my big 3 for the AM's are now 4*, and losing 6k HP in one crash to a bug that hasn't been fixed in a damn year is beyond disappointing. It crashes when I open crystals, upgrade bots, attempt to buy something from the raid store - literally in every aspect of the game at least once a day. As usual, an update brings stability for around two weeks, then it becomes nearly unplayable. This is the single most bugged game I have ever played, and I've been gaming for over 30 years. I have completely given up on any type of solution. I just take the crashes, bugs, errors, etc, as part of the game now. No fighting without reloading the app between each fight, avoiding the story mode almost entirely, and forever apologizing to my teammates for my affected AM performances. Whatta game.
  • Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580
    What you're all describing is the ever present memory leak the devs cannot seem to permanently fix. Next update I guarantee there will be a note stating fixed memory leak. Every single time a new character is added to the game it has without fail created a new memory leak. The devs need to do a better job of performing memory stress tests on their scripts before releasing it.
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    It’s getting increasingly frustrating playing this game. Fighting bots who are affected with mods is putting a huge stain on the game. In AM, Expert and Master special missions it’s really suffering.

So much lagging and freezing. When your opponents dash forward, the game just freezes and catches up to your opponent laying into you.
    When they activate their specials, the game slows down. Mods with timed buffs, game slows down.
    Obviously the game is unresponsive to your controls when these hangs happen, and you can’t see what’s going on anyway.... so it pretty much takes dodging out of the question.
    Please fix this memory leak permanently? Lagging makes this game much harder than it actually is.
    Can we get any confirmation that something is being done to look into this?

It really is infuriating, and it’s getting worse.

Only seconds into the first fight on expert, my phone immediately heats up.

Any bot with a mod on it (AM, Special Missions) causes my game to panic, heat up my phone, and lag like crazy.

When an opponent goes to activate a heavy or a special attack, my phone lags and catches up only to me getting beat down on. It makes it impossible dodge in fights I’d otherwise have no problems with.

iPhone 8
    iOS 11.3.1
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I think 11.4 just was released, but you probably need the game optimized better than having an OS update.
  • TexkriegTexkrieg Posts: 5
    I jus lt stand in front of the A/C. Haha
    This is making AM next to impossible. I'm getting my butt kicked by bots who have half my PI rating. @Kabam Vydious please help
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and this issue is still here. The game is literally unplayable. I know people throw that term around a lot but I cannot play the game is like 1FPS and sometimes even less.
    So now I cannot login without the game crashing
  • Is anyone from Kabam going to help us with this matter? At least I can play the game with a modicum of success, so my logins have never been affected - despite the endless bugs. What happens with the people who can't even load the damn app? Are they going to have to upgrade their devices? I've never seen (during the life cycle of a popular game) the need to upgrade hardware so many times, just to get the game to run crappy, if at all. I feel for you Booster. Hope they help you soon.
    Is anything going to be done about this???
  • BobnfloydBobnfloyd Posts: 31
    You know what's worse? I hade screen burn in from this game on my s8+ which was 9 months old. You could see my screen name, the word victory, and the AI circle in the middle bottom of the screen that would never go away. Samsung warrantied the 279 dollar screen replacement, but the constant not moving white image permanently destroyed my screen.
    My phone keeps burning my hands and then the game crashes. MEMORY LEAK LIKE A MOFO. Please fix this.
  • WraithWraith Posts: 34
    You guys might have better support by reporting this matter straight to Apple. They advertised this game to run on iPad Pro 2 So they might check the problem if it didn't run on their latest iPhone to date. Besides, the game and its updates should have been reviewed by Apple before they released on the App Store.
  • The_53rdThe_53rd Posts: 49
    Yeah i’m noticing lag spikes as of yesterday on my iPhone 8 Plus, 11.0.3. Cost me a lot of energon in master, very frustrating. Not happening every time I play, just randomly here and there and normally not linked to how long i’ve had the app running either. :(
  • DeadSilenceDeadSilence Posts: 101
    This is a Day 1 issue since April 2017

Device iphone 7 plus
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    I have an gel ice pack specially for my iPhone 7 plus. More than 10 fights and my iPhone keeps my hand warm in winter.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I haven't noticed as much overheating as you guys, but ever since updating to the newest version of Android a few days ago the framerate has taken a nosedive, chops in and out throughout battles and even in the menus. Getting rather difficult to justify spending significant amounts of time on this if it plays like this.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2018
    This is making AM next to impossible. I'm getting my butt kicked by bots who have half my PI rating. @Kabam Vydious please help

Not for nothing.... If you are fighting bots that are only half your bot pi in AM... You're not doing it right.

Find a new alliance, man.

To get back on topic.. I don't own an iPhone, but those in my alliance that do have been saying that turning on low power mode before running the game eliminates all overheating issues.

Might wanna try it