Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

The ultimate case for why we need detail settings in game.

ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
Let me preface this by saying I expect end game content to be extremely difficult, and I expect such content to cost energon to complete.

That being said, there is a huge problem with ROTK that has been overlooked by the dev team, as it needs a workaround ASAP.

I finally got myself a fully forged team of r5 4* bots, and thought I'd try my hand at ROTK. Well... Lemme tell you...

With the automatic detail settings as they are, plus the super advanced demands the battle AI puts on devices, plus the extreme length of a single battle due to the huge amount of health on these bots... You can play for about 3-5 minutes before the game overheats and bogs down to a 3fps slideshow.

Since we can't save the battle and come back when our device has cooled off, our only recourse is to pause, throw our device in freezer (yes for real), then play a few more minutes before having to do it again, and again.

Absolutely ridiculous to expect players to pay money to conquer content as a result of losing to this.

Not as big a problem in AM or spotlight since the battles are generally 5 minutes or less. Most players can get through at least one battle, and allow their device to cool off.

The only thing that will help is manually adjustable detail settings. This will let us reduce the demands on our hardware and allow us to enjoy the game as it was intended... Instead of losing due to slow motion murder due to the current circumstances.

Right now, trying to finish ROTK is about as fun as chewing tinfoil. It's not a legitimate challenge, it's auto loss for most of the community, no matter how skilled they are.

Detail settings should have been incorporated at global launch. As the bar gets raised higher with more and more high level content, this will prove to be a ongoing and growing problem. It needs to be dealt with.

Comments

• iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited June 2018
    At least you can get through a single round without your phone heating up. My iPhone 8 only takes seconds before it descends into game crippling lag.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2018
    iuJacob wrote: »
    At least you can get through a single round without your phone heating up. My iPhone 8 only takes seconds before it descends into game crippling lag.

Like I said, most players. Sucks that you have trouble even getting through a single round with your device. As much as I despise iPhones, I can't argue that an iPhone 8 should be plenty powerful enough for this game.

Makes no sense, and we need a real solution.
  • hoolienweehoolienwee Posts: 159
    36kltqwl10n8.png

I wish to make another request as well.

I wish we are able to adjust the virtual SP button to anywhere our thumb feel comfortable, reachable, like other fighting game KOF, Street Fighters.

The newer phones have smaller screen to body ratio. Many times I missed the SP button because i need to move my thumb far left, and readjust my grip everytime, cause me loss the combo.

• I agree with OP, I wish to have lower details available, many of us don't need that butterflies and theatrics, seen hundreds times.

Many mobile games that issues periodic content updates, offer one global setting, which means skipping multiple Textures Level Creations(periodically), trimming development cost in a direct way. Just Business.

But, I am in need of a new phone because FTF is decimating it, can I send Kabam the receipt? hehehehe
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Same exact problem, I was trying playing Rotk but every time I start good in the first 3-5 mints then the phone overheated & I have to give up.
    There are 2 solution for this issue:
    1-Making the setting adjustable.
    2- spending energon.
    That’s why we will never get an adjustable settings.
    Mufc14 wrote: »
    Same exact problem, I was trying playing Rotk but every time I start good in the first 3-5 mints then the phone overheated & I have to give up.
    There are 2 solution for this issue:
    1-Making the setting adjustable.
    2- spending energon.
    That’s why we will never get an adjustable settings.

Nobody would have a problem spending energon to complete ROTK if it was actually possible to play a full round without performance issues...

Providing adjustable settings will increase spending, not decrease it.
  • Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580
    My phone gets so hot I can't even hold it and have to put it in the freezer.
  • BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    A graphics setting has been something requested since Global release. Kabam is already aware of this, as they responded long ago but it seems that they haven’t updated us on the situation.

My guess is maybe they ran into some complications?
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Bumblebee wrote: »
    A graphics setting has been something requested since Global release. Kabam is already aware of this, as they responded long ago but it seems that they haven’t updated us on the situation.

My guess is maybe they ran into some complications?

Supposedly the graphics detail changes based on the capability of the device it’s running on. Hopefully making a setting to affect this is not too hard.

I’m wondering if they put more effort into the moving backgrounds, bouncing rubble, battle damage, etc. so they want all the players to experience, err umm, enjoy it.
  • _xXKNXx__xXKNXx_ Posts: 11
    hoolienwee wrote: »
    36kltqwl10n8.png

I wish to make another request as well.

I wish we are able to adjust the virtual SP button to anywhere our thumb feel comfortable, reachable, like other fighting game KOF, Street Fighters.

The newer phones have smaller screen to body ratio. Many times I missed the SP button because i need to move my thumb far left, and readjust my grip everytime, cause me loss the combo.

I completely agree with this, as to moving the special meter and special attack button or input.
    I would not want to see a mass load of abilities to set other things due to this just adding more content to the game.

Adding more things to not function correctly or make device run even hotter. Causing more crashes and more lag problems.

The special meter being set to a position of players choice that is saved to their account would not be too much of a burden, at least I don't think it would.

Also I would like to add that as well as special attack meter and special attack input of player and that of A.I. should be position and size adjustment settings per players desired choice.
    While I can appreciate you ideas on having customizable screen layouts, it has absolutely zero to do with the topic being discussed here.

Back off, get your own sandwich... Don't hijack my thread. Start your own.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    mmm sandwich
  • tdauxvpndb96.png
    I have an LG and it gives us graphics settings
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Manthro wrote: »
    Right now, trying to finish ROTK is about as fun as chewing tinfoil. It's not a legitimate challenge, it's auto loss for most of the community, no matter how skilled they are.

i like chewing tinfoil.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    tdauxvpndb96.png
    I have an LG and it gives us graphics settings

I think that’s a LG thing and not an in game thing.