Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Something fundamentally wrong with this:

I'm trying to finish up the lower level spotlights for obvious reasons....so I went in with full health and was on my way to a perfect match...duh...low ranking opponent...then I got a text and the game went down. This is what I restarted with... seriously??k6wtdcj7ztvu.png

Comments

• DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Of course this isn't a huge issue for this type of fight as even an auto match lands perfect fights, but this is a huge issue in this game. Do you know how long my bot would have to stand there and let this opponent wail on me before I hit this amount of health lost??
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    This is to prevent players from force quitting each time you are about to lose.
    Yeah I know the reason but if they're gonna fail the first time they're probably not gonna do much better the second time. This hurts more people playing the game fairly than it does rage quitters.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Yeah I know the reason but if they're gonna fail the first time they're probably not gonna do much better the second time. This hurts more people playing the game fairly than it does rage quitters.

You werent here during beta, where every single player, honest or not, used the force quit trick to have infinite tries vs a tough opponent until they succeeded. They would do this in every game mode, especially Alliance Missions.

The data is there to prove that the 50% health reduction was required in order to keep the game competitive and fair.

The plain and simple fact is, no matter what, people will abuse a loophole in the game unless the dev team puts contingencies in place like this.

It sucks. It's not perfect by a longshot, but it is necessary.
    Yeah I didn't get in during beta. Earth Wars just suspends the battle until you come back online. You either finish the fight or you retreat.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited July 2018
    Yeah I didn't get in during beta. Earth Wars just suspends the battle until you come back online. You either finish the fight or you retreat.

You're comparing apples vs oranges though. Feasible to suspend a battle in Earth Wars with the type of gameplay there.

Not so much for the style of battle this game has.
    True. I just kinda feel there could be another option. Normally I'd come with a solution but I don't have one in this issue.
  • With all the glitches happening lately, I wouldn't mind seeing a 1-battle limit per day for retries. Candidly, I've never seen my phone react to the game this poorly yet so consistently in my time playing this game (yes, I know how to optimize my phone). I've lost some pretty critical matches/reduced to half-health because of it.

Will it be abused? Absolutely, but 1 retry per day can only do so much.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    The 50% penalty isn't a big big deal if there weren't so many lags/crashes.

how about just leaving the health bar at where it last left off? If you down to 80% and the fight quits (cheating
    or not)..you'll still be at 80% when you re-try. Wouldn't that already curb the incentive to cheat? and that will not hurt the players who have game issues.
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Manthro wrote: »

You werent here during beta, where every single player, honest or not, used the force quit trick to have infinite tries vs a tough opponent until they succeeded. They would do this in every game mode, especially Alliance Missions.

The data is there to prove that the 50% health reduction was required in order to keep the game competitive and fair.

The plain and simple fact is, no matter what, people will abuse a loophole in the game unless the dev team puts contingencies in place like this.

It sucks. It's not perfect by a longshot, but it is necessary.

Great. So they can do the same thing they do in MCOC. The first time the game force closes and relaunches. There will be a popup with the current fight you were just in middle of and the player can start the fight over without any HP penalty. After this first time it will go back to the HP penalty until the timer resets for this feature.