Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

5*s in the store!?!?!?!?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Never thought I'd create a viral thread
  • Options
    Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    edited July 2018
    Totherkins wrote: »
    If it takes you 6 months to get 6 duped 4 stars...you're doing it wrong whether you're f2p or p2p.
    How many 4* bots they release every month?

• Options
    TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    We still don't know what the chips are yet, honestly I see it being around 500k than I do seeing it be around 250k. But even still if I spend more time and money on something I should get better rewards, logically.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Manthro wrote: »
    Man how am I going to get 500k shards without buying? Like I'm going to need a bunch of R5s and raid my life away.

Thats interesting... Why should earning a 5* feature be easy? Please explain. It might be a game but it's also a business. There's nothing wrong with making it so you either have to hoard crystals for a couple months or spend money to get there.

Imo, I don't think making it feasible to get a 5* bot relatively easy every single month is a good move for the longevity of the game.

This makes it so you have to pick and choose what you really want, and that's smart business.

This opinion also comes from a f2p player, btw. I just been around a long time.

Calm your tots Manny. I did not imply that it was going to be easy. I asked how will I get it without buying. Don't you have some alliance mates to talk down to?

I'm sorry, Muffin.

I didn't realize you couldn't have a civil debate. Please, explain how I was condescending in my initial response since it apparently hurt your feelings.
  • Options
    JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Mufc14 wrote: »
    I believe @Stitch626 got it right, I think Kabam will give the f2p who can get 250-300k chips a hard choice between getting a duped 4* or a 5* which is not cool because in this way the spenders can take them both every month by grinding for one & paying $200 for the other one which will make the biggest imbalance in the game history between the spenders & the f2p.
    I wish they make it stupidly expensive (500k-1m)
    so the f2p forget it & the spenders think twice before opening their wallets.
    If they make it impossible for f2p to get both 4* & 5* but easy for the spenders ($100-$200)
    that’s will have a huge impact on every aspect in the game not just the am but the spotlight & the arena too.
    This game has been always fair for f2p grinders & I hope it stays as it is.

Shouldn’t it just be this way though? People who want to invest in their account and spend should have better things. It’s just like before when people could spend to get ahead with 4* R5s. Eventually everyone catches up but spending should allow you to get ahead of everyone initially.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Sure. If you want to drive away every single free to play out there
  • Options
    Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580
    Man how am I going to get 500k shards without buying? Like I'm going to need a bunch of R5s and raid my life away.

Thats interesting... Why should earning a 5* feature be easy? Please explain. It might be a game but it's also a business. There's nothing wrong with making it so you either have to hoard crystals for a couple months or spend money to get there.

Imo, I don't think making it feasible to get a 5* bot relatively easy every single month is a good move for the longevity of the game.

This makes it so you have to pick and choose what you really want, and that's smart business.

Calm your tots Manny. I did not imply that it was going to be easy. I asked how will I get it without buying. Don't you have some alliance mates to talk down to?

I'm sorry, Muffin.

I didn't realize you couldn't have a civil debate. Please, explain how I was condescending in my initial response since it apparently hurt your feelings.

Sweety the question you should be asking is "Please explain when I'm not condescending?"
  • Options
    TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    It's weird that you guys want it to be more expensive. Kind of adopting the whole "if I can't have something you can't have it either" philosophy, I guess. My opinion is top 5 to 10% should be able to get a 5 star and 4 star if they grind for it and can beat master. Then top alliances should be able to get a dupe with additional spending. Lastly whales can get more sigs for however deep their pockets are. I doubt that's how it's gonna go, but we shall find out soon.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited July 2018

I'm sorry, Muffin.

Sweety the question you should be asking is "Please explain when I'm not condescending?"

No, the question I'm asking myself is why you haven't answered either opportunity to actually elaborate upon your statements regarding the 5* feature bot, or how my first post could possibly be interpreted as condescending.

I guess it's because you have nothing of substance to offer, which is apparent by your deflections. It's what peoplele do when they know they've been called out and have nothing to back their statements.
  • Options
    Username619272981Username619272981 Posts: 138
    edited July 2018
    F2P need p2p players in order for the game to exist so all this about it would create an imbalance is ridiculous because without p2p people then f2p wouldn’t exist since the game would die. P2p people don’t need f2p ppl though, they’re not doing anything to the game to make it better for them other than boosting the # of downloads for other p2p people to join. So f2p people should be thanking the p2p people for giving them a game like this. You’re welcome B)o:)

true but f2p people will try to compete with p2p at a disvantage, making most p2p players feel good about themselves and the situation, you know the high above all feeling. wont feel that if everyone is p2p. basic psychology of people that every game company try to abuse, i mean capitalize o:)
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    F2P need p2p players in order for the game to exist so all this about it would create an imbalance is ridiculous because without p2p people then f2p wouldn’t exist since the game would die. P2p people don’t need f2p ppl though, they’re not doing anything to the game to make it better for them other than boosting the # of downloads for other p2p people to join. So f2p people should be thanking the p2p people for giving them a game like this. You’re welcome B)o:)

Wrong. If the numbers are too small overall then the game wouldn't be worth playing. There are some really competitive f2p players. This game already struggles from a lack of players - there are barely enough players who have enough time, skill and money to fill out the top alliances. I'd love to see this game grow to even a quarter of the size of Mcoc in terms of player numbers - the experience is more fun, in terms of game community.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    DaveJL wrote: »
    This game already struggles from a lack of players - there are barely enough players who have enough time, skill and money to fill out the top alliances. I'd love to see this game grow to even a quarter of the size of Mcoc in terms of player numbers - the experience is more fun, in terms of game community.
    For your info: even though the safe PI threshold for the 16th arena fight goes up to 5300, you barely need 1 million points to rank 72 in an Arena which is global.
  • Options
    DaveJL wrote: »
    This game already struggles from a lack of players - there are barely enough players who have enough time, skill and money to fill out the top alliances. I'd love to see this game grow to even a quarter of the size of Mcoc in terms of player numbers - the experience is more fun, in terms of game community.
    For your info: even though the safe PI threshold for the 16th arena fight goes up to 5300, you barely need 1 million points to rank 72 in an Arena which is global.

Ok, but what point are you making?

Arena is a thankless and otherwise pointless task - top 6 or even 10 in AM is really where people need to be, and recruiting for even the top 3 is difficult. All you need is 54 willing and able players and it's damn hard because the community is so small. The forums are relatively quiet. The community isn't particularly large - MCoC has a massive community, made up of f2p and p2p alike. It's a big aim, and will be very hard to achieve, but my point was f2p players aren't worthless and whilst obvioisly they don't support the game to the extent p2p players do, they are still necessary.
  • Options
    Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Why do the top 3 alliances need to recruit? They either have very stable teams with no movement or have a long waiting list of players wanting to get in.

The good thing about this game is both p2p and f2p players can do well in the game. P2P can buy their way to better bots and f2p can grind their way. Of course it will be slower to grind, but eventually you can get there as well. The game isn’t prohibitive in the sense that you have to spend. I do hope 5* bots follow the same trend as well, perhaps 300k chips so we can grind our way. I got about 390k chips this month, so if I want to get a 5*, 4*, 3* bot, I’d need 410k (assuming 300k + 100k + 10k) chips, so will need to push a bit harder.
  • Options
    Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580
    Any update on chip cost for 5*?
  • Options
    bummblezee3bummblezee3 Posts: 251
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Probably a visual bug

as we know now its not
  • Options
    @jkl it should be, I have nothing against spenders in the game & I appreciate their contribution to keep the game alive.
    My only concern is how big the gap between p2p & f2p should be?
  • Options
    JKLJKL Posts: 997
    @jkl it should be, I have nothing against spenders in the game & I appreciate their contribution to keep the game alive.
    My only concern is how big the gap between p2p & f2p should be?

There really isn’t much of a gap. Sure, nicer bases, more ranked bots and higher sigs. However this game is more skilled based and not on how much you spend. There are a good amount of F2P players in the top alliances.

• Options
    Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Commitment is more important than f2p/p2p. A highly skilled f2p player could hammer the crystal, sig, t2a/t3b arenas and rake in a fair reward from exploring expert and part of master. A healthy roster or r4 4* gets easy to build and move onto r5 fairly quickly.
  • Options
    @JKL & @Mr_Wonderful I totally agree with you, now there’s no gap but in six months will be a huge one because f2p will get only the 4* version of the monthly bot meanwhile the p2p will get the 5* version, the effect started this month in the arena because 3* or r2 4* squad will get a hard match.
    Then they will be the only one who can bet the next spotlight difficulty (the one after masters difficult) & of course they will play higher am so 4* team can’t play along side with them because p2p in top alliances are also skillful players & they will get much stronger bots than f2p.
  • Options
    @JKL & @Mr_Wonderful I totally agree with you, now there’s no gap but in six months will be a huge one because f2p will get only the 4* version of the monthly bot meanwhile the p2p will get the 5* version, the effect started this month in the arena because 3* or r2 4* squad will get a hard match.
    Then they will be the only one who can bet the next spotlight difficulty (the one after masters difficult) & of course they will play higher am so 4* team can’t play along side with them because p2p in top alliances are also skillful players & they will get much stronger bots than f2p.

Believe me, there are not enough p2p players who will be buying enough crystals to get the 5* every month.