Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Tantrum problems

Master is a major pain at the end. Tantrum with energy shield and unblockable special is a cry for kabam saying “give us money now”. The AI is way too aggressive and he “apparently” swipe back at the exact perfect time that I try to attack and beats the living

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    You don't have problem with that Motormaster? He takes down a bot with 5 hits at low health.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 783
    edited July 2018
    You don't have problem with that Motormaster? He takes down a bot with 5 hits at low health.

Motormaster was easy compaired to tantrum on master.
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Master is a major pain at the end. Tantrum with energy shield and unblockable special is a cry for kabam saying “give us money now”. The AI is way too aggressive and he “apparently” swipe back at the exact perfect time that I try to attack and beats the living

Tantrum sp2 is quite easy to block.
    The AI back step at the perfect time is always happen in master mode. I don' think that are the problems with master Tantrum
    DonApis wrote: »

Tantrum sp2 is quite easy to block.
    The AI back step at the perfect time is always happen in master mode. I don' think that are the problems with master Tantrum

The SP2 is unblockable
    Update, it was expert not master.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949

If you've played MCOC before, his SP2 would be extremely easy to dodge, just forget about Jane Foster's lightning bolt so you won't backstep it.

Please teach me master Austin. That Motormaster scarred me for life
    Gunz0 wrote: »

If you've played MCOC before, his SP2 would be extremely easy to dodge, just forget about Jane Foster's lightning bolt so you won't backstep it.

I said it was expert, not master. I have been playing mcoc and master is the 2nd hardest difficultly.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    edited July 2018

I said it was expert, not master. I have been playing mcoc and master is the 2nd hardest difficultly.

I still suck at fighting Motormaster in Expert mode, I didn't know there could be a person who finds Motormaster easier than Tantrum

I still suck at fighting Motormaster in Expert mode, I didn't know there could be a person who finds Motormaster easier than Tantrum

I honestly would rather face 10 expert motoormaters than 1 expert tantrum
  • Tantrum master was just a money grab. Oh energy shield done now here comes unstoppable and btw melee buff and some unblockables too, good luck.
    Tantrum master was just a money grab. Oh energy shield done now here comes unstoppable and btw melee buff and some unblockables too, good luck.

That’s some crap stuff to do. That is never a goood idea because it can discourage a player too quit the game
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Tantrum master was just a money grab. Oh energy shield done now here comes unstoppable and btw melee buff and some unblockables too, good luck.

Then, don't play master.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    I found the way to beat him in Master was to play aggressively. Don't worry about energon shield, just play aggressively and Tantrum will not get unstoppable as much .
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    I found the way to beat him in Master was to play aggressively. Don't worry about energon shield, just play aggressively and Tantrum will not get unstoppable as much .

So you repair him and extra damage you'll deal while shield is down would be more than healed health.
    Like if each hit repair 30% of attack rating..
    And use specials while shield down with extra 65% damage. I sense what you're saying. Worth trying.
    Kabam make solutions in very unexpected ways.
    edited July 2018

So you repair him and extra damage you'll deal while shield is down would be more than healed health.
    Like if each hit repair 30% of attack rating..
    And use specials while shield down with extra 65% damage. I sense what you're saying. Worth trying.
    Kabam make solutions in very unexpected ways.

This was the trick for previous encounter with energon shield. The reason behind this is that you shouldn't be cornered. At higher ai level, side stepping is very dangerous if you're within range of enemy's melee. So it's better to keep your opponent at their half of the arena while constantly adjusting yourself back onto the diameter.
    Energon shield only gives 30% health back. I tried waiting it out and lost 5 full health r5 bots. This is because by dodging everywhere you allow Tantrum to build his charges. One hit and you are dead. By going full out playing normally from the beginning I killed Tantrum with 3 bots. I found It did more damage and kept Tantrum from building charges. That's just my experience
  • TfpsoundwaveTfpsoundwave Posts: 152
    I am not nearly enough as close to entering master, nor ever expert haha, but im telling ya, like mutantdoc said, playing aggressively works. I am currently learning to play more strategically, but I like to play agressive on bosses, and it works. if you play hard enough, from the beginning, they don't block, and it takes a lot of their health out. While im not saying that its easy, especially with energon shield, and tantrums overall, unstoppable from being hit, along with his sp2, it still helps to just fight aggressively. the nergon shield at the beginning doesnt matter since hes already on 100%.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Energon shield only gives 30% health back. I tried waiting it out and lost 5 full health r5 bots. This is because by dodging everywhere you allow Tantrum to build his charges. One hit and you are dead. By going full out playing normally from the beginning I killed Tantrum with 3 bots. I found It did more damage and kept Tantrum from building charges. That's just my experience

Thanks a lot....i knew it's suicide to run way for m tantrum while AI is messy enough to not dash back.
    After I was dodging and his energon shield expired Tantrum became unstoppable and used his sp2. Instant death. But when I played aggressively it was much easier
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Starscream and Megatron.
  • dtorreskaterdtorreskater Posts: 118
    STEAL EVERYTHING
  • STEAL EVERYTHING

Yeah tactician megs can rip away the energon shield and keep it always off. Downside: I mistakenly thought that I would be immune to damage while I had the stolen energon shield, and I don't think the game was ever coded to deal with that. No biggie after I realized. Upside: Getting rid of that energon shield!

So far my best single fight against Tantrum has been called "Optimus prime (MV1) is my last bot and I know my SP1 does extra damage on my missing health so I'm just gonna go hard and hope." As long as you can charge up your specials (And not die to tantrum in the meantime), you easily negate the energon shield's health return.
  • The_53rdThe_53rd Posts: 49
    STEAL EVERYTHING

Yeah tactician megs can rip away the energon shield and keep it always off. Downside: I mistakenly thought that I would be immune to damage while I had the stolen energon shield, and I don't think the game was ever coded to deal with that. No biggie after I realized. Upside: Getting rid of that energon shield!

Yeah, I lost a big chunk of health to not realising stealing the shield didn’t give me the same effect. Felt a little cheated to tell you the truth! Yeah, this fight sucks in master. No 100% for me this month.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Og prime just tears poor tantrum apart, as long as you don’t let him block long enough to gain unstoppable your golden. I was able to knock him down a few times with one bot on master. My honest opinion is that this spotlight is easier than say like cheetor in the past.

One thing I noticed was he would heal about 300hp a hit with energon shield up, but he would take about 600 a hit when it was down, This allows you to play normally with an overall damage gain, combine that with specials when it’s down and you can beat him after a few cycles of energon shield. His special 3 is locked in master which makes strike back pretty much worthless. His special 2 being unblockable isn’t to big of a deal, you just have to be careful. His melee damage mod also just makes you play carefully.

Overall I found just simply playing my normal way with a tweak to timing my specials worked pretty well.
    The_53rd wrote: »
    Yeah, I lost a big chunk of health to not realising stealing the shield didn’t give me the same effect. Felt a little cheated to tell you the truth! Yeah, this fight sucks in master. No 100% for me this month.
    So what is the stolen buff actually?

• KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Energon Shield, but you don’t heal when you steal it.
    Kenny wrote: »

But immune to damage anyway?
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Kenny wrote: »

But immune to damage anyway?

nope, just steal it
    I actually did it. I had bone crusher on my team for the bleed. But I killed him with prowl at 2% health
  • bummblezee3bummblezee3 Posts: 251
    good job