Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Overheating Issues - Fixed in 18 days?

Ok guys, so anyone who knows about the MCOC overheating issues will know that there has been absolute outrage that MCOC has been causing overheating issues since the last update. They're all up in arms about it etc. Kabam has issued a fix already, apparently.

Now my question is this. If they can fix overheating issues in 18 days for MCOC, what's the hold up for Transformers? Sure, MCOC is the cow, we get that. But I started this game in October 2017 and it's only getting worse. We are closing in on August 2018. Seriously, Kabam need to fix this rubbish, now. MCOC is proof that they can do it. 18 days.

Mods, admins, what's the explanation? Why is it taking so long if you can fix it so damn fast on your cow game? Explain it.
Tagged:

Comments

• BeerguzzlerBeerguzzler Posts: 104
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Ok guys, so anyone who knows about the MCOC overheating issues will know that there has been absolute outrage that MCOC has been causing overheating issues since the last update. They're all up in arms about it etc. Kabam has issued a fix already, apparently.

Now my question is this. If they can fix overheating issues in 18 days for MCOC, what's the hold up for Transformers? Sure, MCOC is the cow, we get that. But I started this game in October 2017 and it's only getting worse. We are closing in on August 2018. Seriously, Kabam need to fix this rubbish, now. MCOC is proof that they can do it. 18 days.

Mods, admins, what's the explanation? Why is it taking so long if you can fix it so damn fast on your cow game? Explain it.

I could not agree with you more. I’ve been playing since this game first started. And with every update, the overheating, bugs and glitches have gotten progressively worse. The players have responded over and over again through submitting tickets to support services, posting on the official forums, and quitting the game. I’ve come to the conclusion that the department that oversees TFTF is entirely apathetic and incompetent. The service/support department is deplorable. The generic response and in action resulting in no fix and very unsatisfied customers is pathetic. As for eliciting a response from the moderators here, there reall6 isn’t much they can do. They are nothing more than the bridge between the player and the administration. I’ve stopped spending real money on this game. I’ve gotten refunds on two occassions in the past 3 months via the App Store because of kabam’s incompetence and not standing by their product. Perhaps the more requests for refunds via google and apple will prompt Kabam to start paying attention and fixing the problems. I’m sure they wouldn’t be so successful if their product got pulled from the App Stores.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Sorry I did not realize you already started this thread. I mistakenly started another thread. I hope Kabam will fix this problem. I realise that we are much smaller than MCOC however I say Kudos to Kabam for their better moderator feedback compared to MCOC.
    Still this overheating issue is a real problem as it does damage our phone batteries and void our warranties. I hope they will be able to fix it for us as they have been able to fix it for MCOC in 18 days.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    edited July 2018
    Kabaam prioritizes MCOC over TFTF. They fix bugs & lags and provide new content for MCOC first before TFTF, because MCOC makes way more money than TFTF does. Kabam could just shut down TFTF and their money flow won’t be affected, that’s what I’m afraid of. All these lags n bugs will make players quit and Kascaam’s just gonna shut this game down if it fails to make $$$. All Kabam mods and admins are gonna ignore your questions and respond with copy&pasted messages and close this thread if it gains too much attention, and possibly delete my comment if needed.
    Oh and don’t forget the second major MCOC boycott, Seatin and some other MCOC youtubers encouraged the playerbase to boycott the game or something, Shane Hoffman made dozens of videos criticising Kabam and their BS. There aren’t many “revolters” and boycotters here compared to MCOC due to how small this game’s community is so Kabam will barely listen to the playerbase.
    We will give the Kabam moderators the benefit of the doubt. Compared to MCOC they have been nicer and more generous. Give credit where credit is due.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    The thing for me is that it can obviously be fixed. It's been nearly a year. This heating up of the battery and screen can absolutely not be good for the phone.

Maybe we should all complain to apple that their phones aren't good enough to run a basic game, so they investigate, then they may give Kabam an ultimatum as to fix it or withdraw? I dunno, it's early and I just woke up. Totally forgot I even made this thread
  • CeltCelt Posts: 190
    edited July 2018
    Na they'll never fix it ( saddens me to say that, honnestly )
    Like Gunz said, MCOC is their cow, just look at their forum, 10 times more active than this one, a tons of content every month, and so on.
    While TFTF struggle to release 1 bot a month, I know it's more difficult than MCOC, but Kabam is a huge company, if they wanted, TFTF would have the same bot release date as MCOC, that's not the problem.

The problem is, that this game is probably dying ( just my opinion ) and so, they are hurrying up to bring the combiners.
    If the combiners bring more people, more $$$, then you'll probably see what's going on, and the longevity of the game wil increase by a few month or years.
    If the combiners fails to bring the people and the money needed to make enough incomes to Kabam, well : Ciao TF.

They have 2 games, one which is " simpler " to develop, have a better fanbase, a huge base player
    On the other hands, this one have a smaller fan base, an even smaller base player AND is a little bit more difficult to develop

Choose your favorite game ...

Edit : Actually, this post is a perfect timing for me, because I'm really hesitating to migrate to MCOC.
    I don't want to loose more time on a " dead game " even if I love 10 trillion times the Transformers saga than Marvel heroes. But, it's frustrating, knowing that all your progression might end in a few month ( in my situation, i'm patiently waiting for my favorite bots to end on the 5* pool ) just before you got what you dreamed for so long.
    I don't think Transformers is dead. In fact I enjoy it more than MCOC and I have played that for 3 years
    I thought it was dying when they released adverts for rewards - I was wrong. They've done amazing things since. The game could benefit from better marketing and a bigger push from the affiliate as well (Hasbro?)

Mcoc is the cow, of course. It's too late to start that game now unless you are going to drop HUGE cash. I used to play it pretty hardcore, I was a big spender. That game dies for individuals and really only succeeds because Marvel are so successful IMO.

This game is a ton better - no comparison.

However, if a new player joins and their phone overheats in an hour, they wont continue. This game has massive potential.
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited July 2018

October 2017?
    Lucky you.

I’ve been playing since beta in January 2017 and it was even an issue then. You’re right though, it’s only gotten worse since.
  • CeltCelt Posts: 190
    edited July 2018
    That's what sad here
    This game is much better, technically speaking, gameplay speaking, and even licence speaking ( well at least for me, Transformers > Marvel )
    And yet, this game has of problems, lag, heating issue
    And yes, indeed, this game has much more potential than his brother, but hey ... potential means nothing if the game doesn't exist anymore
    They need to react, do more adverstise like you said, this game is like a phantom on the internet, hidden behind his big brother. They need to do something about that if they want more player, nothing more.
    No more new players = Old player feeling the game is dying = Old old player leaving = game dies
    Simple

Edit : Pretty sure that the top alliance will stop play if they see that the game has lost like 70% of their population and are just free wining the top rewards to spend on their bots and beat phantom players.
    well, 1 fight with hard mode mixmaster and 15 arena fights later and my phone is red hot and the fps has dropped to about 5. Wasn't even playing for 20 minutes.

I'd be embarrassed if I was a developer and this was the result of my work, plain and simple.
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    Sorry I did not realize you already started this thread. I mistakenly started another thread. I hope Kabam will fix this problem. I realise that we are much smaller than MCOC however I say Kudos to Kabam for their better moderator feedback compared to MCOC.
    Still this overheating issue is a real problem as it does damage our phone batteries and void our warranties. I hope they will be able to fix it for us as they have been able to fix it for MCOC in 18 days.

Man you should keep making new threads about this. There's hundreds of threads on this topic over the last year and we barely hear anything from kabam about it. Not only that. They took the time out to close your thread because this one existed but they couldn't take the time to come here and say something.

This entire AM has been terrible for me. I can't even make it through one fight because my phone is so hot and the fights are so slowed down and sluggish. I can't see how this is fair.
    Odie21 wrote: »
    Mutantdoc wrote: »

Man you should keep making new threads about this. There's hundreds of threads on this topic over the last year and we barely hear anything from kabam about it. Not only that. They took the time out to close your thread because this one existed but they couldn't take the time to come here and say something.

This entire AM has been terrible for me. I can't even make it through one fight because my phone is so hot and the fights are so slowed down and sluggish. I can't see how this is fair.

I thought the same thing - they can comment and lock a similar thread, which means they have willfully ignored this one.

I think the main thing now is that MCOC has had an overheating issue and it's been fixed in a matter of weeks, so they can't really just ignore it now.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    What... you mean you don’t appreciate Kabam turning your phone into a mobile hand warmer for those chilly days?? :#
  • Oroku_SakiOroku_Saki Posts: 85
    In regards to an earlier post, trust me, you do not want this game to have the same bot release schedule that MCOC has for champs. Unless you want incredibly unbalanced bots.
    Oroku_Saki wrote: »
    In regards to an earlier post, trust me, you do not want this game to have the same bot release schedule that MCOC has for champs. Unless you want incredibly unbalanced bots.

not talking about mcoc in here mate, just about the fact if kabam can fix overheating in mcoc in 18 days they can fix it here. It's been long enough and the "submit a ticket with your device and blah blah" has worn too thin now.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Still no word from kabam on this matter...... even if they’re trying to fix it behind the scenes, could they at least tell us so?
  • Oroku_SakiOroku_Saki Posts: 85
    Oroku_Saki wrote: »

not talking about mcoc in here mate, just about the fact if kabam can fix overheating in mcoc in 18 days they can fix it here. It's been long enough and the "submit a ticket with your device and blah blah" has worn too thin now.

Actually wasn't talking about your posts, ha. And it's not completely resolved for MCOC. Some iOS devices and all Android devices still have it. Android is always forsaken...
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited July 2018
    18 days vs 18 months (and still not fixed)

Hmmmmm
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    edited July 2018
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Custos @Kabam Tenebrous @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Yolotron , do you guys have anything to say? I know Mutantdoc's post was closed by a moderator, which means that mod had seen this thread before
    Another question is would adjustable graphic settings stop the phone from overheating if we were to play on low graphics?

It links in with another popular thread and suggestion. If it would, then just give us that. We all know the graphics scale down on lower end devices, so it must be a thing.
  • Hey All,

First, I want to remind everybody of a very important factor here... Your device warming up while playing a game like Transformers: Forged To Fight is not rare, or unexpected. There is a very big difference between a device getting warm, and a device getting so warm that it causes crashes or reboots. There is a difference between warming up, and overheating.

It's also important to remember that, while the symptoms may seem alike, the cause can be wildly different. From the outside looking in, any crash or heating problem that occurs in the same place likely looks like its the same bug, but that is not necessarily the case. This means that just because there was warming up occurring on both games, does not mean that they are related.

Transformers: Forged to Fight is a pretty demanding Application. It is processor intensive, and it is likely to cause your Device to warm up. Not in a way that we have seen be harmful (we've got devices running the game almost 24/7), but we understand that it can affect game performance.

This is something we continue to work on and improve as we move forward.

TL;DR: Warming up and overheating aren't the same thing, and you can't really compare the 2 situations here.
This discussion has been closed.