Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

More overheating leading to lagging and freezing. Unplayable (iPhone 8)

2»

Comments

• WraithWraith Posts: 34
    edited June 2018
    Manthro wrote: »
    This is making AM next to impossible. I'm getting my butt kicked by bots who have half my PI rating. @Kabam Vydious please help

Not for nothing.... If you are fighting bots that are only half your bot pi in AM... You're not doing it right.

Find a new alliance, man.

To get back on topic.. I don't own an iPhone, but those in my alliance that do have been saying that turning on low power mode before running the game eliminates all overheating issues.

Might wanna try it

The overheating might be avoided but now you're running the game at severely reduced performance, which could lead to lagging because of the quality they offered for iphone.
  • Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580
    Manthro wrote: »
    This is making AM next to impossible. I'm getting my butt kicked by bots who have half my PI rating. @Kabam Vydious please help

Not for nothing.... If you are fighting bots that are only half your bot pi in AM... You're not doing it right.

Find a new alliance, man.

To get back on topic.. I don't own an iPhone, but those in my alliance that do have been saying that turning on low power mode before running the game eliminates all overheating issues.

Might wanna try it

I don't like high PI AMs. Takes too much time that I don't have a lot of. I'll give low power mode a shot.
  • Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580
    I find it hilarious that I have to put my phone on the freezer to get out to cool down. Quick someone come up with a phone popsicle pun!
  • Oh no! I’m sorry to hear about this situation. Please reach out to our our Support Team. Be sure to include your device information.

In the game on the home screen, please tap the grey gear icon in the top left corner. From there, tap on the button that says “Support”. Seek your question, if you’re not able to find the answer and have more questions, tap the button that states, “Need more help? Contact us” to submit a support ticket.
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    Oh no! I’m sorry to hear about this situation. Please reach out to our our Support Team. Be sure to include your device information.

In the game on the home screen, please tap the grey gear icon in the top left corner. From there, tap on the button that says “Support”. Seek your question, if you’re not able to find the answer and have more questions, tap the button that states, “Need more help? Contact us” to submit a support ticket.

What a generic and unhelpful response.
  • Hey Guys!

I certainly want to help here. Going to support is the best option. I gave this issue to the team as well. I will update you all when I hear something back!
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Hey Guys!

I certainly want to help here. Going to support is the best option. I gave this issue to the team as well. I will update you all when I hear something back!

Why did it take 5 weeks for someone to respond? The original post is from May 14th lol come on now Spice what’s going on over there?
    Only crickets chirping now
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Hey Guys!

I'll be brutally honest with you, person to person, and hope I don't get punished for my honesty. Your "support" team is so terrible it can be considered nothing short of a joke and attempt at trolling your player base.

We get a much better response from the forum mods and we get a personalised reply, so players ask for help here. On here, you are USUALLY ok. However, your response to the overheating issues are absolutely woeful. Apparently you guys play the game - if any of you have iphones then you know of the absurd overheating issues. Yet nothing. It doesn't get addressed or fixed or talked about. Barely gets acknowledged. There are some of us who have had to finish fights with their damn hands and phone in a fridge or freezer for goodness sake.

I play on a fully updated iphone 7 plus and a latest gen ipad, think it's gen 6? The ipad takes a little longer to overheat, but playing on my phone then, no case, it took ONE run through Megatron quest in master mode to get my phone too hot to physically hold.

Absolute JOKE. You guys at Kabam should be ashamed and embarrassed
    @DaveJL you are 100% correct although I will say this they did fix my unable to forge mods and actually sorted through it but you have to be firm with them. This isn’t something support can or will fix because it’s not a support issue it’s a development issue
  • WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    It’s funny, they wanted me to set up a YouTube channel so they could see the issues I was having. I sent the link and nobody but my own teammates looked at it. That was a month ago.
  • BOFAD wrote: »
    @DaveJL you are 100% correct although I will say this they did fix my unable to forge mods and actually sorted through it but you have to be firm with them. This isn’t something support can or will fix because it’s not a support issue it’s a development issue
    BOFAD wrote: »

Yup and yup. How many support tickets need to be filled out for the exact same thing anyway? I can’t think of one GOOD reason this hasn’t been addressed in an open and honest manner by anyone from the game team.
  • Hey guys -

It's time to clear the air a bit here. None of us want to keep a conversation going if it's just going to lead us into frustration so let's talk a little on why this kind of issue can take time and why we ask you to keep sending support tickets.

Our teams are very well aware of the issues you may be meeting with during gameplay (lagging, freezing, overheating), but rather than looking at us as ignoring it please understand that these things take time. Submitting tickets with the specific device information helps us to compile data and look at all different avenues on why this could be happening. No two devices are the same, unfortunately.

You and your friend may have the same phones, but their phone runs a little better while yours doesn't. That's a direct issue within your device that needs to be looked at and maybe not the device series as a whole. This makes it harder to investigate, but it also doesn't mean mass device issues is easier. Each investigation into why a device is acting the way it does with our game takes time and patience on all parties to figure out what is happening.

You're growing tired of hearing us say: submit a ticket? We understand that frustration, but we aren't saying it to push you away or brush it off. We're saying it so that information is added to what we have on "hey this is still working like this, we've even tried xyz". This type of issue is serious and we treat it as such. Maybe you're also tired of asking for video footage or screenshots, and we understand that frustration too. But again--it helps us with compiling data.

We're sorry that it is taking a greater length of time to investigate these issues, but please don't give up on us doing it. We are actively looking into it so that everyone can enjoy playing the game without worry over their phone "burning a hole in their hand" or freezing during every fight. So thank you for your previous patience and thank you in advance for your continued patience. We will be able to touch back on this when we have more information or perhaps need more from all of you.

With all that said, please keep in mind being respectful and constructive in your posting. I don't like shutting down threads where y'all are talking out these type of issues. It helps to hear what everyone is trying to do or trying to have others do to help. :)
  • I appreciate your coming in to type all that out Vydius. So my question now is, is there a more efficient way for players to get the information to the people working on this. And I don’t mean anyone any offense but filling out tickets waiting for a response and then missing that response window because you are at work really sucks. It’s like going to the DMV and being sent to the back of the line over and over.
    I’m not tech savvy at all so this may be a dumb question. If the team has resolved issues for individuals and their particular device can these fixes be published in an anonymous way so that some of us can try different settings or whatever on or own. If we still have issues at least we can tell support what we’ve already tried to maybe speed things along.
  • DeadSilenceDeadSilence Posts: 101
    More glitches bugs whatever you wanna call it smh

h1i70cm52ag4.png
    tka4hgwyo9nx.png
    olyqwwicu8y2.png
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    A quick look at the mcoc forum and I see the overheating issue is stickied. As this is a fairly recent issue on mcoc and a long running problem with us, why weren’t these steps taken long ago on here? You’re running betas for them to try and clear the problem within days, not even weeks, yet we’ve had to contend with this for months now, with little more than a request for which device and OS, and the occasional statement reassuring us that it’s being looked into.

I can barely get to 3x multiplyer in arena without my phone burning my hand by then. This has gotten worse over time, I used to be able to at least clear 10 rounds by that point 2 months ago.

Device is iPhone 6s, updated earlier today so whatever the most recent iOS is.

And you can’t just say it’s the device, because funnily enough I don’t have the overheating issue at all on mcoc, to the point I’ve given it more attention recently purely out of being able to play it for more than 5 minutes without fear of damaging the phone.

Come on guys, the least we deserve is a similar level of treatment. Tftf forums might not be so densely populated as mcoc’s but you’d still get plenty willing do run betas for you if it meant clearing this longstanding joke of an issue once and for all.

Consider it at least. I’d happily run a beta for you. Surely the last thing you want is to drive the long time players away because of inaction to deal with this, while we can clearly see mcoc is getting the premier treatment from the same company.
  • acidfunacidfun Posts: 5
    I'm having that issue with iPhone X, so it is not just a prob on how old the cell is. Also I have been noticing that this issue presents itself more in raids. Specially if it connected to the power.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    it seems iOS are more affected because of the extra graphic details - new and old. Most newer Androids phones do not have this issue but older Android phones do.

I had to move heavy storage apps on my Android phone to give this game as much cache as possible. I get some lag here and there but not as bad but it gets worse every update. My iOS is just horrible. After this recent update..in addition of lags to a slow fps..it now skips frames. The game will freeze in the middle of the fight and when it unfreezes it skips into the new actions. Because I don't know when the game will unfreeze, my only option is to keep on hold the block and hoping I'll block the attack.
    Can we get a heat fix & crash update like MCOC just got
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 783
    I haven’t had a lot of issues on my iPad mini 4, just a couple lag spikes here and there. Nothing major
    Any news on if we are getting a heat fix update like mcoc??
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Any news on if we are getting a heat fix update like mcoc??

your forum name is perfect for this :D