Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

New basic 5*s

I just hope we can get 6 more basic 5*s
Brawler- Grimlock
Warrior- Hot Rod
Demolitions- Galvatron
Scout- Kickback
Tech- mirage
Tactician- Megatron

Comments

• SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I would be very surprised if Mirage and Megatron made it to the next release pool.

Expect Dinobot and Soundwave instead.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    I’d rather see a 5* MV1 Prime instead, Grimlock is unusable without his signature ability
    Hot Rod is a good choice, I don’t have any good evade counters
    I’m not good at using Galvatron, but he’s still better than Waspinator and Mixmaster, Ramjet could be a second choice
    Kickback is a badass power control bot, I’d be glad to pull him, I also need that Enforcers synergy for Motormaster
    Mirage is awesome
    Megatron is great, Dinobot is a second choice, he hits really hard thanks to Swordmasters synergy
  • I reckon soundwave would be the better choice for tech
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 783
    I reckon soundwave would be the better choice for tech

Soundwave ion defense would be a major pain and if everyone had one, he would in one of the middle nodes for everyone
  • I reckon soundwave would be the better choice for tech

Soundwave ion defense would be a major pain and if everyone had one, he would in one of the middle nodes for everyone

First of all, would “everyone have one”? No it is a 5 star they aren’t the easiest to get and not easy to dupe

Second, how is he a pain. The only thing you have got to look out for is his heavies. His specials are easy to dodge and anyone can easily take him out. And if you are talking about his sig, like i said before, it is hard to dupe a five star and plus his sig isn’t annoying at all.

Last point. Not one mod favours soundwave in anyway. Why would emi module work when he has his sig, why would harm accelerator work when his special’s are easy to dodge and he is not a counter to brawlers, why would you have emi when you have bots like grindor and Motormaster to put on.

And plus, why would you care so much if they were on other people’s bases. If people can put maxed out Soundwaves on base.

If it was someone who is windblade, g1 prime, Ironhide yeah I understand, but soundwave? He is one of the most well balanced hots in the game
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    I think Soundwave is a pretty meh bot. He's worse compared to other scouts. Ever since Blaster and G1 Bee got added, SW has lost his value. His damage output isn't impressive, his utilities like power leak and lock are crap, his reflect rarely procs at low sig level, it can reflect special attacks but the opponent won't take much damage thanks to the invulnerability frame.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Soundwave is amazing. 3rd best Tech behind Shockwave and Mirage. If he came out as a 5* it would be really good!
  • DaveJL wrote: »
    Soundwave is amazing. 3rd best Tech behind Shockwave and Mirage. If he came out as a 5* it would be really good!

Thank you. Soundwave is an awesome bot. Good to play and not annoying to verse
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    I think Soundwave is a pretty meh bot. He's worse compared to other scouts. Ever since Blaster and G1 Bee got added, SW has lost his value. His damage output isn't impressive, his utilities like power leak and lock are crap, his reflect rarely procs at low sig level, it can reflect special attacks but the opponent won't take much damage thanks to the invulnerability frame.

TBH, i think soundwave is heaps better than blaster. I find blaster to be boring and lacking. His sig isn’t that good and his synergies are god awful. And i find that blaster’s damage lacks in all aspects (ranged, melee and heavy). Only his specials two does good damage. And for the g1 bee part, g1 bee is a scout, soundwave is a tech. Scouts are meant to counter tech and by implying that g1 bee only drops soundwaves value is just wrong. Og bee is a hard counter to bots like mirage, rhinox, and blaster. Not only soundwave.

But really, every single tech (except blaster) are as good as each other. I just want soundwave as he is my second favourite character in the whole franchise and i just like his playing style
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    DaveJL wrote: »

To me.. its,, Rhinox and Mirage sharing first place.
    Blaster for second.
    SHOCKWAVE and SoundWave sharing third
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    DaveJL wrote: »

To me.. its,, Rhinox and Mirage sharing first place.
    Blaster for second.
    SHOCKWAVE and SoundWave sharing third

I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Shockwave tops it for me, followed by mirage and ratchet for joint 2nd. Rhinox and soundwave follow. Shockwave jus tried everything soundwave does but better, power control, damage from sp’s, even his synergy with Megatron. Only thing soundwave does better in my opinion is base defence. Highly duped soundwave with LGM is annoying for the most part